IAmManUnited
DagenhamDave
RED
19 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Luis Nani - Page 2 Empty Re: Luis Nani

Post by RED Fri 3 Feb - 18:43:24

Gladiator wrote:Good news is that Nani is available for selection against Chelsea on Sunday.

Luis Nani - Page 2 204

RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Fri 3 Feb - 18:50:48

Same here, seriously hope he starts.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed 18 Apr - 0:55:54

Great to have him back for the last 4 games. Great to see him scoring too.

Such an awesome player.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed 18 Apr - 0:57:40

Yes, he was unlucky to get injured and stay away from the pitch long time.I'm confident and i'm sure he will help the team get the trophy.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Fri 20 Apr - 23:01:47

I'm glad he's back. Even when he is in poor form, he still offers more than Young, just take a look at the last game, where he was involved more and looked more threatening. I can see this as a new signing, just like Valencia was last season.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Sun 6 May - 7:26:34

he's my fav winger, 3rd fav player Smile
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sun 6 May - 13:50:32

I'm glad he's back, he's been decent since his return from injury, so let's hope he can score or assist, or even contribute in any way, against Swansea.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Thu 10 May - 8:49:46

too bad he's not as great as last seaon, but who can blame on the injury :[
he was terrific before....damn, if valencia and him are playing on the wing and there were no injuries for those two, i feel like we would be miles ahead of everyone
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed 13 Jun - 19:07:41

Is on beast mode v Denmark right now.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed 13 Jun - 19:54:06

If CR wasn't such a fck up today, Nani would have ended that game with 3 assists. He was brilliant. Portugal's best player.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Wed 13 Jun - 20:14:10

Denmark made Nani looked like he improved his game. If not for the Dutch team's defense, I think he would have performed just the same against them.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Thu 14 Jun - 4:49:31

damn it, so hard to choose. My fav sneijder lost today and i wanted netherland to go through :[ but portugal got some luck on their side T_T

nani though Thumbs up
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Thu 14 Jun - 10:17:24

He was fantastic, should have had three assists, had Ronaldo scored the two chances that were put on a plate for him. Nani has been Portugal's most dangerous and effective player. Still don't see why our lot want him sold.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Thu 14 Jun - 10:45:13

He should've had 3 assists in the first half alone if he makes better decisions. There are a couple of counter attacks where his Portugese teammates are in tons of space screaming for the ball, what did he do? Tried to beat his man with a couple of step overs which ended up being useless and was forced to pass backwards.

Just can't stress enough how important football intelligence is.
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Thu 14 Jun - 11:41:33

SchinnerC wrote:He should've had 3 assists in the first half alone if he makes better decisions. There are a couple of counter attacks where his Portugese teammates are in tons of space screaming for the ball, what did he do? Tried to beat his man with a couple of step overs which ended up being useless and was forced to pass backwards.

you mean overly complicated lol. Well....if he isn't that way, he wouldn't be Nani Razz
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Thu 14 Jun - 12:24:10

SchinnerC wrote:He should've had 3 assists in the first half alone if he makes better decisions. There are a couple of counter attacks where his Portugese teammates are in tons of space screaming for the ball, what did he do? Tried to beat his man with a couple of step overs which ended up being useless and was forced to pass backwards.

lol
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu 14 Jun - 12:41:15

II Capitano wrote:He was fantastic, should have had three assists, had Ronaldo scored the two chances that were put on a plate for him. Nani has been Portugal's most dangerous and effective player. Still don't see why our lot want him sold.

Not a chance, bro. United know how invaluable he is to the team. He is our best winger imo. He will get a bumper deal and remain at Utd.

The difference in quality between him and his team mates yesterday stood out....even CR looked like a pub player. Nani and Pepe were head and shoulders above everyone.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Thu 14 Jun - 12:54:09

:facepalm:

Delusional Nani fans.
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu 14 Jun - 13:58:02

SchinnerC wrote: :facepalm:

Delusional Nani fans.

???
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Thu 14 Jun - 14:10:21

RED 80s. wrote:
II Capitano wrote:He was fantastic, should have had three assists, had Ronaldo scored the two chances that were put on a plate for him. Nani has been Portugal's most dangerous and effective player. Still don't see why our lot want him sold.

Not a chance, bro. United know how invaluable he is to the team. He is our best winger imo. He will get a bumper deal and remain at Utd.

The difference in quality between him and his team mates yesterday stood out....even CR looked like a pub player. Nani and Pepe were head and shoulders above everyone.

He's a better player than Valencia, everyone knows that, because of his dynamism, which makes him unpredictable and deadly, yet every season we get the same "I want Nani out" or "Nani out because he has terrible decision making". It's logic like this which make me cringe. Who's to say that Nani isn't going to improve significantly in decision making over the past season? His stats, despite being injured for most of the second half of the season, are amazing. I think he has something like 14 assists in total, and Valencia has 15 assists, there isn't that much of a difference.

I agree. Ronaldo, as much as I respect him, is far too self-centred and shouldn't have been given the captain's armband. Finally, don't listen to that poster. I guess we are delusional, after all, we do have the best winger in the world.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Thu 14 Jun - 17:51:06

The problem with Nani is the ceiling he has. Such a technically gifted player. He has the potential to be a world beater, well, used to have imo. He's coming 26, how many more seasons can we wait until he finally "matures". Yeah you can show us the stats all you want. The question should not be how many assists did he make. It should be how many more goals could he have been involved directly or indirectly in if he had chose another option such as passing to a teammate who's in a better position to play a killer pass, for example. Valencia isn't as skilled but he's always aware of his surrounding. He makes good decisions when he has the choice to either link up with teammates or tries to beat the full back. That's what make him a more effective player. Also, his crosses are not one dimensional.

Yeah don't listen to me because I know nothing. I can say don't listen to Il Capitano too but I won't. We may have a different point of view when it comes to football, doesn't mean anyone of us is wrong. It's just that you've highlighted his strengths while I've chosen to highlight his flaws because he do have quite a bit.
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu 14 Jun - 19:04:37

SchinnerC wrote:The problem with Nani is the ceiling he has. Such a technically gifted player. He has the potential to be a world beater, well, used to have imo. He's coming 26, how many more seasons can we wait until he finally "matures". Yeah you can show us the stats all you want. The question should not be how many assists did he make. It should be how many more goals could he have been involved directly or indirectly in if he had chose another option such as passing to a teammate who's in a better position to play a killer pass, for example. Valencia isn't as skilled but he's always aware of his surrounding. He makes good decisions when he has the choice to either link up with teammates or tries to beat the full back. That's what make him a more effective player. Also, his crosses are not one dimensional.

The reason why Valencia is more aware of his surroundings than Nani is because he is less technical than Nani. He doesn't have the abilty to beat one or two players with skill, he relies on his burst of pace and strength to beat his opponents, so when he is in a tight position or is double marked, he doesn't try any trickery, he simply opts for a pass. Nani is more daring and has more tricks in his armoury. 2 completely different players in that respect.

As for being more involved in goals, he not only assisted one less goal than Valencia last season, but due to his dynamism, he contributed in link up play with the forwards and scored goals too. He is our only winger who not only assists, but also contributes in scoring a fair amount of goals per season.

As for the highlighted part, Valencia's crossing are all effective but are more one dimensional, not Nani's. 95% of Valencia's crosses are low driven into the box with pace, made for tap ins (especially last season). All are brilliant and effective, mind you. Nani can cross with either foot, can cut in and cross, can whip in a ball from the edge of the box. It's no contest imo as to who is more one dimensional.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Thu 14 Jun - 21:11:21

Not going to say anything else, apart from the fact that calling us delusional isn't the smartest of ideas and, if I wanted to, I can easily counter your points... Choose not to, though, pretty pointless.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Thu 14 Jun - 22:35:59

why can't we just get along lol...after all, we lack united fans on this forum Sad
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Fri 15 Jun - 2:40:04

I think we're watching different games then.

"The reason why Valencia is more aware of his surroundings than Nani is because he is less technical than Nani. He doesn't have the abilty to beat one or two players with skill, he relies on his burst of pace and strength to beat his opponents, so when he is in a tight position or is double marked, he doesn't try any trickery, he simply opts for a pass."

So, that means Messi should just run with the ball all game because he can easily beat defenders, doesn't it? Does he do that? NO.

Let me explain.

Great players or good players play with the end in mind. Their aims they get the ball is long sighted, the aim could be "To help my team score a goal." Some plays with short sighted goals in mind. What he's thinking when he gets the ball may be to dribble past this player or to pull of a trick he's been really wanting to pull off in a match, etc... When you have short sighted aims, you tend to neglect the bigger picture.

This analysis also shows how team oriented players are different from self centered players/people in general.

I understand we're all competitive up here, we're United fans after all. If you don't even partially agree with my arguments, you're either overly competitive or ignorant. I've made my point, you've made yours. Lets call it an end of discussion, Good Game Thumbs up

SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri 15 Jun - 14:22:38

SchinnerC, I think you have the Nani of 07/08 and 08/09 fixed in your mind.

The Nani from 09/10 to present is a more improved, team player who has completely transformed his game since then.

So, that means Messi should just run with the ball all game because he can easily beat defenders, doesn't it? Does he do that? NO.

No, that's not my point. I was pointing out another aspect of his game that differs from Valencia's. Again, in his first season he would try to take on 3 or 4 players and lose the ball, or choose to pass at the wrong moment- frustrating players and the fans. Current day nani is more intelligent, more involved in play.

It's like night and day the improvement he has made. He went from being one of the most disliked players amongst Utd fans, to being top 3 most pivotal player for us.

Final example- Remember when Rooney was on his way out at the start of the 2010/11 season? Nani was the one who carried the team, assisting, scoring goals (even became our PK taker in Rooney's absence). So i don't understand all of this 'he is not a team player' stance you are trying to make.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next