S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Re: Manga and Anime

Post by I-no on Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:23 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:What is Manga and Anime ? scratch
look at op, visit the sites linked to anime and manga. if you dont know afterwards then I dont know. alternative, wikipedia is your friend bounce
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by I-no on Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:17 pm

spice & wolf 1, 2

summary:
For the past few days, I’ve been in the strange mood to compare animation-companies. Don’t ask me why, I’m not sure myself. In any case, Spice and Wolf (or Ookami to Koshinryou) has been produced by Imagin, whose only previous work basically consisted out of a bunch of notoriously bad fanservice-series (Hit wo Nerae, Cosprayers, Love Love?), so no, I can’t really say that I was anticipating this release. Turns out that you can teach an old dog new tricks. Or in this case: an old wolf.

Even though it may not look like it, Spice and Wolf is what you’d call a smart and down-to-earth series. The two main characters are surprisingly deep for only thirteen episodes. Their motivations are well-motivated, much more than what you’d see in usual anime, and they have a lot of different and complex sides. They both start to travel together, in a setting reminiscent of medieval Europe, though this isn’t a story about knights at all, it’s about merchants.

And this series really makes use of this, by showing us the ins and outs of the life of a merchant, while both Lawrence and Horo (the two main characters) provide critical commentary and analysis to the things that they run into. The dialogue is of a really high-quality, and it’s no wonder that the light novel that this series was based on won an award. This becomes especially apparent when the major female side-character gets introduced: I was really convinced that the show would turn into a cheesy love-triangle at one point, but it’s the opposite! Her appearance and use in the story is carefully explained, as well the relation that she has between Lawrence and Horo.

As for the bad points for this series - if you plan to watch this, you really have to be interested in merchants. Otherwise it’ll just bore the heck out of you. Aside from the side-character mentioned above, the other characters in this series also pale in comparison to the main cast. Sure, their motivations are explained well enough, but it feels like they could have been used and fleshed out much better than this series did.

The highlight of this series is definitely the final three episodes, where everything comes together like a charm. In one word, these episodes are fascinating, and close off the series without leaving a bad taste whatsoever, and still leaving space open for a possible continuation. The first arc may feel a bit lacking, but this is still another great series from the past winter-season.

excellent romantic comedy, with a lot of sarcasm. the english dubbed version is the best, only on animefreak.tv
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad on Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:33 pm

This is a classic i recommend watching it Very Happy

And

Ronin Warriors

Reverere omnes, time nullos
Just Win Baby!
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by teague on Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:59 pm

About 10 years ago I read this manga about a high school delinquent who's good at nothing other than fighting and playing baseball. The only reason he goes to school is because of the steak that he gets to eat during lunch break. He also has a thick unibrow on his face.

I barely remember anything about this manga but I miss it and I want to read it again (I think it's the best high school delinquent manga I've ever read).

Can someone please help me recall the name of this manga? bounce
teague
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 on Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:29 am

Anybody watching Steins;Gate???? Wonderful anime....

First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa on Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:48 am

shinigami99 wrote:Anybody watching Steins;Gate???? Wonderful anime....

Yup , turned out to be a great one ...
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by I-no on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:58 pm

teague wrote:About 10 years ago I read this manga about a high school delinquent who's good at nothing other than fighting and playing baseball. The only reason he goes to school is because of the steak that he gets to eat during lunch break. He also has a thick unibrow on his face.

I barely remember anything about this manga but I miss it and I want to read it again (I think it's the best high school delinquent manga I've ever read).

sounds like rookies, give some more hints please. check the link http://www.mangafox.com/manga/rookies/
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by I-no on Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:00 pm

shinigami99 wrote:Anybody watching Steins;Gate???? Wonderful anime....
Im watching it and mayo chiki. other new anime series are bad, I dont know why.steins gate is science fiction on a whole new level, hehehehehe
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by teague on Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:25 pm

I-no wrote:
teague wrote:About 10 years ago I read this manga about a high school delinquent who's good at nothing other than fighting and playing baseball. The only reason he goes to school is because of the steak that he gets to eat during lunch break. He also has a thick unibrow on his face.

sounds like rookies, give some more hints please. check the link http://www.mangafox.com/manga/rookies/

Yeah rookies does have some common features but it's definitely not rookies because the main character was a high school student and I remember at the beginning there were a few funny chapters.
teague
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by I-no on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:08 am

teague wrote:
I-no wrote:

Yeah rookies does have some common features but it's definitely not rookies because the main character was a high school student and I remember at the beginning there were a few funny chapters.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Baseball_anime_and_manga
go to the link and compare the results with the ones on manga links in op. if ur lucky and dilligent, you will find what you are looking for Razz
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:58 am

Does The Boondocks count as an Anime?

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by I-no on Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:25 am

MARADONA>messi wrote:Does The Boondocks count as an Anime?
bring it on, hehehehe
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe on Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:59 am

Beelzebub?WTF Satanic sh*t :coffee:

CHAT SHIT GET BANNED
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by I-no on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:15 pm

VibeTribe wrote:Beelzebub?WTF Satanic sh*t :coffee:
poor you, too bored at home and want to see a reaction here, hahahaha. try harder next time Twisted Evil
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:18 pm

Beelzebub is a Semitic deity that was worshipped in the Philistine city of Ekron. In later Christian and Biblical sources he appears as a demon and the name of one of the seven princes of Hell.

:coffee:

CHAT SHIT GET BANNED
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by I-no on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:21 pm

VibeTribe wrote:
Beelzebub is a Semitic deity that was worshipped in the Philistine city of Ekron. In later Christian and Biblical sources he appears as a demon and the name of one of the seven princes of Hell.

:coffee:
ever heard of context? do you think the japanese guy who wrote the plot cared for beelzebubs origin? 99% more likely he was looking for a different title than "demon", lol. also, if you bothered to watch the series you would know, beelzebub is a small kid who is in care of delinquent Twisted Evil
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:23 pm

Reaction? Laughing I guess I tried harder this time :coffee:

CHAT SHIT GET BANNED
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by I-no on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:25 pm

VibeTribe wrote:Reaction? Laughing I guess I tried harder this time :coffee:
yes, you did, I had to clear up the misunderstanding otherwise some id......... people without knowledge.................. would think I approve of satanism or comparable crap like a certain someone.
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:34 pm

Clear up?

If you think that "writer didn't care" what the name means when he gave a child character the name of Satan is a good explanation then maybe I am an id....People without knowledge :coffee:

CHAT SHIT GET BANNED
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by teague on Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:54 pm

VibeTribe wrote:Beelzebub?WTF Satanic sh*t :coffee:

well.... this is your satanic shit ....

beelzebub comic cover

*vibetribe is reaching for his bible praying hard to God asking for protection from whatever Japanese cartoon devil that might haunt him at night*

Last edited by teague on Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
teague
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe on Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:17 pm

With my 2 year experience in satanic research,it's what I'd expect it to look like...If there's anything specific about it,it's that it always comes in the most innocent form.

I took the time to read the plot,this is ridiculous...Blatant satanism.

CHAT SHIT GET BANNED
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by teague on Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:18 pm

teague
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by I-no on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:07 pm

VibeTribe wrote:With my 2 year experience in satanic research,it's what I'd expect it to look like...If there's anything specific about it,it's that it always comes in the most innocent form.

I took the time to read the plot,this is ridiculous...Blatant satanism.
study japanese satanism with some fun: http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/beelzebub-online
watch the series instead of wuming here. people who read are usually smart. try to wum innocent noobs in other threads Twisted Evil
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:19 pm

Has anyone watched claymore?
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down