OT: attention sportsczy

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

OT: attention sportsczy Empty OT: attention sportsczy

Post by futbol_bill on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:00 pm

Sportsczy, you obviously stopped reading the thread re U20 championship after France's first game. I'm reposting my spanish bias rant just for you!!!

Well Sportczy, what do you think NOW.

We have just bagged 2 more euro championships this weekend and won the 1st game of this tournament. I don't thus far feel too confident in this U20 tournament after watching first game, but they did in the end win convincingly and will likely get better as tournament goes on. Canales is back for next game and will take over leadershipof team which will improve team.

Your french team however don't look like euro champions. However as I said earlier, this is the spanish era, yours was last decade. An now to make it even worse for you, you are going to have to battle it out with other 2nd place teams for a spot in next WC!!!!.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4324
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OT: attention sportsczy Empty Re: OT: attention sportsczy

Post by Mr Nick09 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:02 pm

spain will have a tough time beating france imo

they will grind you.

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 30543
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OT: attention sportsczy Empty Re: OT: attention sportsczy

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:11 pm

Oh please. We went to the quarters of the U-17 WC (lost to eventual champs 2-1; Spain didn't qualify for the tournament). In this tournament, we played Columbia (host and one of the big favorites) and Spain played Costa Rica (their A team are mostly amateurs). Can't really compare.

I will say that, with the injury to Mavinga days before the start, our CBs looked disastrous. Very, very surprising. We were up 1-0 until the 30th minute... and then we forgot how to play. The Columbians had a home crowd of 60k too... it was really like a true top flight game for them.

Keep this in mind also, the top France NT has called up a lot of our young players to the A team. Ligue 1 also starts in less than a week... some of the kids that are starters were held back to accommodate the clubs. It's not like Spain where the A team is veteran and La Liga starts in late August/early Sept.

We put out a very talented team.... but not our top.

I'll reserve judgement until after tonight game where we play South Korea. I think that one game was just a fluke honestly. We were odds on favorites to win the tournament going in. I think we'll make it past the pool stage.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

OT: attention sportsczy Empty Re: OT: attention sportsczy

Post by futbol_bill on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:14 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:spain will have a tough time beating france imo

they will grind you.

You're just as bad (biased) as Sportsczy!!! We are on a roll. The only team I'm worried about re next WC is Brasil.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4324
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OT: attention sportsczy Empty Re: OT: attention sportsczy

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:19 pm

Btw, for WC qualifiying 2014, we'll have a defense of Sagna, Rami, Varane and Abidal with M'Villa as the DM. We have a ton of depth to all these positions too. With Xavi and Xabi both being over 30 in 2012 and Iniesta being 28... i think the midfield dominance is going to fade. Same goes for the forwards: Benz, Menez, Nasri, Gameiro, etc. are all very young. And they are all getting experience with the A team together.

You don't easily replace legends with prospects. Spain will still be top flight... but the team becomes beatable once the legends leave. There's always a transition. Thankfully, Spain won't have a lunatic like Domenech running things.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

OT: attention sportsczy Empty Re: OT: attention sportsczy

Post by Mr Nick09 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:20 pm

you just never know bill. I dont think the spanish NT is as invincible as people make it look. They are having success, but you are very vulnerable to counter. It's not gonna take long for teams to figure you out and beat you.

@czy, no sakho?


Last edited by St_Nick09_of_Goal on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 30543
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OT: attention sportsczy Empty Re: OT: attention sportsczy

Post by futbol_bill on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:23 pm

@sportsczy wrote:Oh please. We went to the quarters of the U-17 WC (lost to eventual champs 2-1; Spain didn't qualify for the tournament). In this tournament, we played Columbia (host and one of the big favorites) and Spain played Costa Rica (their A team are mostly amateurs). Can't really compare.

I will say that, with the injury to Mavinga days before the start, our CBs looked disastrous. Very, very surprising. We were up 1-0 until the 30th minute... and then we forgot how to play. The Columbians had a home crowd of 60k too... it was really like a true top flight game for them.

Keep this in mind also, the top France NT has called up a lot of our young players to the A team. Ligue 1 also starts in less than a week... some of the kids that are starters were held back to accommodate the clubs. It's not like Spain where the A team is veteran and La Liga starts in late August/early Sept.

We put out a very talented team.... but not our top.



I'll reserve judgement until after tonight game where we play South Korea. I think that one game was just a fluke honestly. We were odds on favorites to win the tournament going in. I think we'll make it past the pool stage.

And we have left Thaigo, Muniain, etc. Let's compare notes after next set of games. You have to admit tho that we are on a roll!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4324
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OT: attention sportsczy Empty Re: OT: attention sportsczy

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:25 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:you just never bill. I dont think the spanish NT is as invincible as people make it look. They are having success, but you are very vulnerable to counter. It's not gonna take long for teams to figure you out and beat you.

@czy, no sakho?

Of course Sakho lol. You also have Mexes coming back for the Euro... i don't think he'll make it for the WC.

Only area of concern is the AM spot... can Nasri become a AM? Will Martin reconfirm his excellent form? Gourcuff is gone. We need someone else to emerge.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

OT: attention sportsczy Empty Re: OT: attention sportsczy

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:30 pm

Sure.. Spain are on a great roll. But even the greats like Germany, Ital, Brazil and Argentina go thru phases to transition in new players. I think Spain will experience that soon too. When you play a core group together and don't rotate many players in, it catches up eventually.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

OT: attention sportsczy Empty Re: OT: attention sportsczy

Post by futbol_bill on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:03 pm

@sportsczy wrote:Sure.. Spain are on a great roll. But even the greats like Germany, Ital, Brazil and Argentina go thru phases to transition in new players. I think Spain will experience that soon too. When you play a core group together and don't rotate many players in, it catches up eventually.

We are rotating. New strikers are Llorente and Negredo. Our wings are all young. New MF is Cesc, Borja, Javi martinez, Bruno, probably soon Thiago. Puyol's replacement is Ramos. The one thing about VDB is he uses all his players and is constantly bring in developing talent (unlike a certain RM coach). My only concerns are more young CB's and another LB besides Monreal. Some of these changes will happen before next WC, the rest after (Xavi and Xabi are good until WC, Puyol, Capadevila, Marchena need to be replaced before WC).
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4324
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OT: attention sportsczy Empty Re: OT: attention sportsczy

Post by futbol_bill on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:05 pm

Bear in mind the system is throughout Spain now, Youngsters are taught skills and system right from age of 7. It's a team effort, not individual play and you obviosly need skilled players to play this way.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4324
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OT: attention sportsczy Empty Re: OT: attention sportsczy

Post by Mr Nick09 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:12 pm

just because the system is thought to them means that they will excel at it. So many things can go wrong, the intangibles that make puyol, xavi, his chemistry with iniesta, the influence of villa etc, so productive might disappear and not appear again.

Those young players can become good, but may lack that x factor that made this generation so successful.

Those kind of details are impossible to predict. you might play with a forward that chokes in big competition in the future. the duo ramos-pique may become a huge disaster; pique without puyol isnt as good. so many things can go wrong dude.

whenever a team has so much success, everything looks peachy, the youth players look amazing, then they go in competition, and it's not the same thing.

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 30543
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OT: attention sportsczy Empty Re: OT: attention sportsczy

Post by futbol_bill on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:18 pm

I think I will say your comments to remind you both of them when we win the next Euro and WC.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4324
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OT: attention sportsczy Empty Re: OT: attention sportsczy

Post by Doc on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:19 pm

I watched both (matches) and despite being ONE match, I believe I could come up with a concrete opinion. I'm also like totally not bias on this issue so I would agree, Spain under 20's would put a beating on France under 20's.


Neither would win the tournament though...

_________________
People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 14174
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

OT: attention sportsczy Empty Re: OT: attention sportsczy

Post by Ganso on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:25 pm

Villa will be 32,Xavi 34,iniesta 30,puyol 36,iker 33,Capdevila 36,alonso 32..i think these guys were key and will not be there for spain in 2014 or will drop in form.I honestly dont think Spain will maintain their level for the next 3 years,youngsters are hit and miss....


imo the strongest teams in the WC will be brazil,germany,france and spain,but spain will not be as dangerous as they are atm.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

OT: attention sportsczy Empty Re: OT: attention sportsczy

Post by Doc on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:33 pm

Why are we talking about something that is gonna happen 3 years from now? Thought this was about the World Youth Cup?!

_________________
People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 14174
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

OT: attention sportsczy Empty Re: OT: attention sportsczy

Post by S32TABLANCA on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:22 pm

Spain fading in midfield because Xavi is old? Excuse me?

Cazorla, Silva, Fabregas, Borja, Thiago, Martinez, Canales, Busquets... need I go on?

Spain could line up like this for the next WC... maybe...

------------------Iker
Arbeloa(?)-Ramos-Pique-???
-------Busquets---Fabregas
--------Silva--Iniesta--Pedro/Navas
------------Negredo/Llorente
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3318
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OT: attention sportsczy Empty Re: OT: attention sportsczy

Post by Mr Nick09 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:35 pm

None of those guys have the uniqueness of Xavi, sadly. They are all quality, but none of them come close to him.

And there is no way to tell if canales or thiago will even develop into the same kind of player that xavi is, with the same intricacies to their game. I can tell you already that none of them even remotely plays anything like Xavi.

The style is going to have to evolve, but this spanish team became successful because of this set of players. if just one of them is not there anymore, they will struggle to contain other teams a great deal.

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 30543
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OT: attention sportsczy Empty Re: OT: attention sportsczy

Post by Zealous on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:37 pm

Spain can win without Xavi. In fact I'm pretty sure you wouldn't notice his absence that much anyway.

Fantastic player but Spain's play is a team effort.

_________________
OT: attention sportsczy Bx_jALWIcAASRVx
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

OT: attention sportsczy Empty Re: OT: attention sportsczy

Post by shaven on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:38 pm

@Zealous wrote:

Fantastic player but Spain's play is a team effort.

simply this one... as long as they will play well as a team.

_________________
OT: attention sportsczy 1305301425185
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1962
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

OT: attention sportsczy Empty Re: OT: attention sportsczy

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:39 pm

@Ganso wrote:Villa will be 32,Xavi 34,iniesta 30,puyol 36,iker 33,Capdevila 36,alonso 32..i think these guys were key and will not be there for spain in 2014 or will drop in form.I honestly dont think Spain will maintain their level for the next 3 years,youngsters are hit and miss....


imo the strongest teams in the WC will be brazil,germany,france and spain,but spain will not be as dangerous as they are atm.

Why won't Iker be there? 33 is still young for a keeper....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

OT: attention sportsczy Empty Re: OT: attention sportsczy

Post by Ganso on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:42 pm

I never said they werent going to win,i just said they might not be as dangerous as they have been recently.You can deny as much as you want,but xavi and an in form villa takes a team to another level.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

OT: attention sportsczy Empty Re: OT: attention sportsczy

Post by S32TABLANCA on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:04 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:None of those guys have the uniqueness of Xavi, sadly. They are all quality, but none of them come close to him.

And there is no way to tell if canales or thiago will even develop into the same kind of player that xavi is, with the same intricacies to their game. I can tell you already that none of them even remotely plays anything like Xavi.

The style is going to have to evolve, but this spanish team became successful because of this set of players. if just one of them is not there anymore, they will struggle to contain other teams a great deal.

You make it seem as if Spain win because of Xavi. Not true, if Xavi wasnt there Im sure you wouldnt even notice it most of the time, (unfortunately) this style is now ingrained into Spain as a collective and as a team unit they are much bigger than one player. Note that Canales and Thiago arent in that lineup, though I believe both can make it if they develop well. Dont forget Munain, Isco, Adrian, Mata, etc...
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3318
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

OT: attention sportsczy Empty Re: OT: attention sportsczy

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:23 pm

Speaking of France u-20... Defense is shit surprisingly. Will concede for sure. And very wasteful on the attack. Not impressed at all.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

OT: attention sportsczy Empty Re: OT: attention sportsczy

Post by Ganso on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:27 pm

you guys dont have creativity.and korea is being so selfish....
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

OT: attention sportsczy Empty Re: OT: attention sportsczy

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum