DRK
Chad
Lord Awesome
17 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Los Angeles Galaxy Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Los Angeles Galaxy Thread

Post by DRK Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:17 pm

Yeah we have desperately missed Omar this year. AJ hasn't played at the same level as he did with Omar in the lineup last year, Leonardo has injury issues, Lopes has had good games so its understandable why Arena started Omar. That being said it was really risky and I was nervous when I saw him in the starting lineup

DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:29 pm

A cold chill on my spine currently. I think it's still too soon as well.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:52 am

Wow the flood gates have opened against Portland cheers
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:04 pm

The Los Angeles Galaxy Thread - Page 7 Villarreal

:bow:

:bow: :bow: :bow:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:07 pm

Whoa...wonderful strike :bow:
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:09 pm

Saved us from defeat. Hopefully this kid develops into something special.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:16 pm

:bow: :bow: when we signed this kid he was supposed to have a lot of potential I hope he can become a great player for us
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:21 pm

Just read he's just 18. Yep, looks special already. Hopefully doesn't turn out like Adu did.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:29 pm

Yeah really, strangely he looks exactly like one of my friends without glasses hmm
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:43 pm

Beat Chivas again. Honestly, I ask myself why is this even consider a "Classico".

It's a one-sided derby if you ask me.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:46 am

Do agree there, for the last several years we have dominated the series.
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:14 pm

Our 3rd kit contest winner will be announced October 6th. The 5th place one was announced earlier this month which was the purple one so thankfully we won't have that purple one banana
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:09 pm

We loaned Chad Barrett to Vålerenga of the Norwegian Premier League, he is on loan until November there.
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:49 am

Blasted hahaha

Also has anyone else noticed a huge improvement in OG's play out of the back after coming back from injury ?

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:05 pm

4th place in the 3rd kit contest was announced and it is this one The Los Angeles Galaxy Thread - Page 7 Yellow_500

DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:06 am

JUNINHO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:29 am

Awesome goals indeed.

http://www.lagalaxy.com/video/2012/09/01/highlights-la-galaxy-vs-vancouver-whitecaps-fc
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:11 am

3rd place in our kit contest revealed

The Los Angeles Galaxy Thread - Page 7 Green

DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:39 pm

Can clinch a playoff spot with a win tonight Thumbs up
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:07 am

Juninho and Keane :bow: what an entertaining game to watch

Also woo clinched playoff spot banana
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:14 pm

Juninho putting the team on his back

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:55 am

Yay! B2B Trophies! :cheer:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:28 pm

The LA Galaxy announced Monday that the club has signed goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini on a free transfer from Tottenham Hotspur pending the receipt of his International Transfer Certificate (ITC) and work visa as well as Cudicini passing his medical examination.

Cudicini will not occupy a Designated Player spot on the Galxay's roster.

A two-time Premier League winner during his time at Chelsea, Cudicini comes to the Galaxy after spending more than a decade competing in the Premier League, first with Chelsea from the start of the 1999-2000 season until January 2009, when he joined Tottenham, where he has been ever since.

The 39-year-old, who played the full 90 minutes for Tottenham in their friendly against the Galaxy at The Home Depot Center in July, made one appearance during the 2012-13 campaign for his club, helping Tottenham claim a 3-0 win over Carlisle United in the third round of the Capital One Cup on Sept. 26.

Although he has struggled to find starting minutes behind American goalkeeper Brad Friedel, it's assumed Cudicini will challenge Galaxy incumbent Josh Saunders for the top spot in net in 2013. The Galaxy also selected former Columbus Crew goalkeeper William Hesmer in the Re-Entry Draft earlier this month, but have yet to come to terms with him on a deal for next season.

“We are delighted to be able to add Carlo Cudicini to our roster,” Galaxy head coach and general manager Bruce Arena said in a statement. “Carlo is an experienced and accomplished goalkeeper who we believe will be a great addition to our team and our defensive unit.”

A native on Milan, Italy, Cudicini began his professional career with AC Milan in 1992, winning a Serie A title with the club that season, also spending time with Lazio (1996-97) and lower division sides Como (1993-94), Prato (1995-96) and finally Castel di Sangro, with who he spent two seasons, appearing in 46 league games during the 1997-98 and 1998-99 seasons.

He joined Chelsea on loan the following season, making his debut in a UEFA Champions League third qualifying-round game in Latvia against Skonto Riga in August 1999.

That would be the first of 216 all-time appearances that the Italian goalkeeper would make for Chelsea, who he signed with permanently following his initial season with the club. Midway through the 2000-01 campaign, Cudicini became Chelsea’s first-choice goalkeeper, a position that he held through the end of the 2003-04 season.

Chelsea’s Player of the Year in 2002, Cudicini helped lead Chelsea to a berth in the 2002 FA Cup final. During his nearly 10 years at Stamford Bridge, Cudicini won a pair of Premier League titles, two FA Cups and two League Cups.

After playing 19 games in all competitions during the 2007-08 season, Cudicini’s first-team opportunities were once again limited the following season, making just four appearances through the first half of the season. In January 2009, Cudicini ended his time with Chelsea by signing with Tottenham Hotspur on a free transfer.

Cudicini made his Tottenham debut on Jan. 27, 2009, when he helped his new side earn a 3-1 home win over Stoke City. That was the first of four straight games that he would play, helping Spurs collect seven points before serving as the club’s primary backup goalkeeper for the rest of the season.

The 2009-10 season saw the Italian goalkeeper limited to just eight appearances in all competitions as he missed much of the season after being injured in a motorcycle accident. However, he would return to action the following season and helped Tottenham reach the quarterfinals of the UEFA Champions League for the first time ever while also appearing in eight league games for the club, as Tottenham finished fifth.

Last year, Cudicini started five of Tottenham’s eight games in the Europa League as well as six games in the FA Cup as Tottenham reached the semifinals before falling to his former club, Chelsea.
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:45 pm

CARSON, Calif. (Wednesday, January 16, 2013) – The LA Galaxy announced today that the club has completed the signing of Brazilian midfielder Juninho to a multi-year contract. After spending each of the past three seasons with the Galaxy on loan from Brazilian club Sao Paulo, the 24-year-old has now been permanently transferred to the club and will re-join the team for the preseason. Per club and league policy, details of the contract were not released.

PHOTOS: Juninho

Since first joining the Galaxy ahead of the start of the 2010 MLS season, Juninho has appeared in 87 regular season games, scoring 13 goals while adding eight assists. He set career-highs in 2012 by appearing in 32 regular season games while adding seven goals and four assists. He continued that form into the postseason, appearing in all six of the club’s games during their run to a second straight MLS Cup championship and collecting two assists. After setting up Mike Magee’s 70th minute equalizer against Vancouver in the Knockout Round for the first assist of his postseason career, Juninho added his second in MLS Cup against Houston, providing the cross for Omar Gonzalez to head in the equalizer as the Galaxy went on to claim a 3-1 victory.

An MLS All-Star in 2011, Juninho has not only shined in MLS play, but also in the CONCACAF Champions League where he has four goals in 10 appearances to make him the club’s all-time leading scorer in the competition. He scored twice in LA’s 5-2 home win over Isidro Metapan on August 23, becoming the first Galaxy player to score multiple goals in the same game of that competition. Those two goals came amidst a stretch that saw him score six goals in six games in all competitions. He finished the year with nine goals in 42 games in all competitions, good for second on the team in games played and tied for third with Mike Magee in goals scored.

banana
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:11 am

CARSON, Calif. – We know that Landon Donovan will return, but when he does is still a question mark.

LA Galaxy head coach Bruce Arena told reporters on LA’s opening day of the preseason nearly three weeks ago that LA’s captain would return to action this year, but when that is still a question mark. However, Arena told Joe Tutino’s Galaxy All-Access Podcast that Donovan will return over the next couple of months.

"We expect to have Landon back in the near future, and by that I mean I would hope over the next couple of months we have that whole thing settled and he's back on the field playing for the Galaxy,” Arena said.

After LA’s 1-0 defeat to RSL, Arena touched on the matter admitting that he remains in contact with the Galaxy captain and even spoke to him earlier on Friday. Although there is no update just yet, the LA boss is confident that LA can persevere no matter when Donovan returns.

“When he comes back, he comes back,” Arena told reporters earlier in the week. “I'm not going to worry about it. We're going to have a team ready to play come March 3, whether Landon's here or not. ...I don't know how long it's going to be. But we're going about our business. You lose players all the time: injuries, suspensions, [World Cup] qualifiers. A lot of things impact your ability to have all your players on the field at the same time. If this is another example, then so be it. And we'll get on with it.”
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by hispano(old) Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:17 am

Well, heading into the Angelino Derby Galaxy have score 8 goals and conceded 1 goal in 3 games. Safe to say we've started on the right foot this season and I think that form will continue on.
hispano(old)
hispano(old)
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next