Spain NT discussion

Page 5 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 29  Next

Go down

Re: Spain NT discussion

Post by Le Samourai on Sun May 27, 2012 1:05 pm

He thinks Negredo will be his Morientes Very Happy

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Spain NT discussion

Post by fatman123 on Sun May 27, 2012 1:14 pm

hopfuly torres can play himself into some form at the Euros, although if Soldado is fit then hes lucky to even be in the squad

_________________
avatar
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 9610
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Spain NT discussion

Post by Mr Nick09 on Sun May 27, 2012 1:16 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Also the thing Spain have depth is BS..... they only have depth in midfield and GK nowhere else....

The mere fact the minute Villa isnt there and your scratching around for options says it all....


that's not true at all, but oh well. they have talented people everyone.

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 26314
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Spain NT discussion

Post by BarcaKizz on Sun May 27, 2012 1:17 pm

Can anyone try to explain the logic behind having a third targetman (Negredo) instead of a good poacher or more versatile option (Soldado or Adrian)?
avatar
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3406
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Spain NT discussion

Post by Mr Nick09 on Sun May 27, 2012 1:20 pm

@BarcaKizz wrote:Can anyone try to explain the logic behind having a third targetman (Negredo) instead of a good poacher or more versatile option (Soldado or Adrian)?

There isnt much logic to it, VDB doesnt like Soldado's all around game. It always looked to me like Negredo was the better rounded forward, so i understood that part. It's just too soon for Adrian tho

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 26314
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Spain NT discussion

Post by fatman123 on Sun May 27, 2012 1:20 pm

@BarcaKizz wrote:Can anyone try to explain the logic behind having a third targetman (Negredo) instead of a good poacher or more versatile option (Soldado or Adrian)?

Spain are going to schock the world and play hoofball :coffee:

_________________
avatar
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 9610
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Spain NT discussion

Post by BarcaKizz on Sun May 27, 2012 1:32 pm

@Mr Nick09 wrote:
@BarcaKizz wrote:Can anyone try to explain the logic behind having a third targetman (Negredo) instead of a good poacher or more versatile option (Soldado or Adrian)?

There isnt much logic to it, VDB doesnt like Soldado's all around game. It always looked to me like Negredo was the better rounded forward, so i understood that part. It's just too soon for Adrian tho

Spain need an ace in the box, someone who can get quick shots away in tight areas. Torres is capable of the spectacular (but is also Torres), but Llorente and Negredo aren't gonna do that. No Villa means Soldado should have been there as the little fox in the box forward. Like Mole said, Pedro could be very important.

Anyway... its not like they'll have a good starting 11. Usually there are some randoms in the team. Sergio Garcia made last Euros.
avatar
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3406
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Spain NT discussion

Post by Le Samourai on Sun May 27, 2012 1:44 pm

There's only one forward going to come on in any given game.

Navas and Cesc are the given subs , they come in basically any and every game.

So Pedro and Torres should suffice there.

_________________
avatar
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11544
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Spain NT discussion

Post by Ganso on Sun May 27, 2012 1:55 pm

Juanfran?Albiol?Jesus Christ,spain does not have depth in defense.

Whats up with all the defenses in the euro?looks like Italy's is the only solid one.
avatar
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15493
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Spain NT discussion

Post by Lord Hades on Sun May 27, 2012 1:58 pm

Lost a lot of respect for VDB

Pedro, Negredo,Torres over Soldado? GTFO!!

_________________
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-X_dxsD3_J1M/TjpQKiNFJRI/AAAAAAAA0Bs/EHX7g53qW5s/s400/Real-Madrid-Wallpaper.jpg [ /img]
avatar
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3870
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Spain NT discussion

Post by Le Samourai on Sun May 27, 2012 2:12 pm

@Mr Nick09 wrote:
@BarcaKizz wrote:Can anyone try to explain the logic behind having a third targetman (Negredo) instead of a good poacher or more versatile option (Soldado or Adrian)?

There isnt much logic to it, VDB doesnt like Soldado's all around game. It always looked to me like Negredo was the better rounded forward, so i understood that part. It's just too soon for Adrian tho

You have to think though.....Raul has the best all round game of any forward we have.

I think this was just personal bias.

He wasn't going to give Soldado or Negredo a single minute, he just brought who he liked more.

_________________
avatar
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11544
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Spain NT discussion

Post by BarcaKizz on Sun May 27, 2012 2:23 pm

So its gonna be:

Casillas
Arbeloa Pique Ramos Alba
Busquets Alonso
Silva Xavi Iniesta
Llorente

I think they will find that they need one more direct runner though. That midfield is a possession machine if I've ever seen one but someone like Navas or Pedro would help them out hugely, even Mata. I'd ditch the double pivot and drop Navas or Mata in there, but it probably won't happen. Navas is a super sub anyway.
avatar
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3406
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Spain NT discussion

Post by Le Samourai on Sun May 27, 2012 2:26 pm

@BarcaKizz wrote:So its gonna be:

Casillas
Arbeloa Pique Ramos Alba
Busquets Alonso
Silva Xavi Iniesta
Llorente

I think they will find that they need one more direct runner though. That midfield is a possession machine if I've ever seen one but someone like Navas or Pedro would help them out hugely, even Mata. I'd ditch the double pivot and drop Navas or Mata in there, but it probably won't happen. Navas is a super sub anyway.

Worst lineup possible.

Let me elaborate a bit.

>Double pivot is garbage for obvious reasons.

>Neither Silva nor Iniesta (to a lesser extent) offers width, therefore alot of onus falls on the fullbacks to provide width on the wings.

Iraola would've made a huge difference there, I prefer Juanfran there in this setup.

>Xavi is not a CAM.

>The linuep does not utilize Llorente's strengths in the slightest.


Last edited by Le Samourai on Sun May 27, 2012 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
avatar
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11544
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Spain NT discussion

Post by Ganso on Sun May 27, 2012 2:26 pm

silva and iniesta are pretty direct,the problem is goalscoring,can llorente handle it?
avatar
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15493
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Spain's 23 man squad

Post by MaraVilla on Sun May 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Name Club
Goalkeepers:
Iker Casillas Real Madrid
Pepe Reina Liverpool
Victor Valdes Barcelona

Defenders:
Raul Albiol Real Madrid
Jordi Alba Valencia
Alvaro Arbeloa Real Madrid
Sergio Ramos Real Madrid
Juanfran Torres Atletico Madrid
Gerard Pique Barcelona
Javi Martinez Athletic Bilbao
Midfielders:
Sergio Busquets Barcelona
Xavi Barcelona
Andres Iniesta Barcelona
Xabi Alonso Real Madrid
Santi Cazorla Malaga
Cesc Fabregas Barcelona
David Silva Manchester City
Jesus Navas Sevilla
Juan Mata Chelsea
Attackers
Pedro Barcelona
Alvaro Negredo Sevilla
Fernando Torres Chelsea
Fernando Llorente Athletic Bilbao

got it from goal.com's site. what do you guys think?
avatar
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1988
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Spain NT discussion

Post by BarcaKizz on Sun May 27, 2012 2:32 pm

@Le Samourai wrote:
@BarcaKizz wrote:So its gonna be:

Casillas
Arbeloa Pique Ramos Alba
Busquets Alonso
Silva Xavi Iniesta
Llorente

I think they will find that they need one more direct runner though. That midfield is a possession machine if I've ever seen one but someone like Navas or Pedro would help them out hugely, even Mata. I'd ditch the double pivot and drop Navas or Mata in there, but it probably won't happen. Navas is a super sub anyway.

Worst lineup possible.

Agree... I wish he ditched this boring 4-2-3-1 with 0 penetration. He won't though.
avatar
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3406
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Spain NT discussion

Post by paperbackwriter on Sun May 27, 2012 2:47 pm

Real Madrid and Barcelona have 6 players each?

:vagi:

Edit: Nevermind, can't count.

_________________
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
avatar
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 559
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Spain NT discussion

Post by paperbackwriter on Sun May 27, 2012 2:50 pm

Casillas
Arbeloa-Ramos-Pique-Alba
Alonso-Busquets
Iniesta-Xavi-Silva
Llorente

That would be my starting eleven. And imo it's as good as any team in the Euros. I wouldn't be suprised if Spain won this one at all.

_________________
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
avatar
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 559
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Spain NT discussion

Post by hrealmadrid on Sun May 27, 2012 2:53 pm

Pedro ahead of Soldado, what a joke
avatar
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 2013
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Spain NT discussion

Post by Harmonica on Sun May 27, 2012 2:58 pm

Pedro. :bow:
Soldado. :vagi:

_________________
- Come with me. Save yourself. You don't owe Argentine people any more. You've given them everything.
- Not everything. Not yet.
avatar
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 10934
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Spain NT discussion

Post by EarlyPrototype on Sun May 27, 2012 3:00 pm

@hrealmadrid wrote:Pedro ahead of Soldado, what a joke

Different players. Pedro would be playing wide if he does play.

Soldado should have been taken ahead of Torres though.
avatar
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Spain NT discussion

Post by guest7 on Sun May 27, 2012 3:00 pm

Iker
Juanfran - Pique - Ramos - Alba
Busquets - Xabi
Pedro - Xavi - Iniesta
Torres

VDB will start this I think...
avatar
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7863
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Spain NT discussion

Post by BarcaKizz on Sun May 27, 2012 3:02 pm

Pedro and Torres are there for a better reason than Negredo... Thats the man Soldado should be deceived by.
avatar
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3406
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Spain NT discussion

Post by animal.crackers on Sun May 27, 2012 3:07 pm

Not enough David Silva :vagi:

_________________

avatar
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 627
Join date : 2012-04-19
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: Spain NT discussion

Post by Potential on Sun May 27, 2012 3:08 pm

Pedro has been shit all season, Negredo has been better than him; I don't care how you justify it but his inclusion is a shitty decision.

_________________
avatar
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 1203
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Spain NT discussion

Post by S32TABLANCA on Sun May 27, 2012 3:24 pm

Pedro :vagi:

Soldado :vagi:

Juanfran :vagi:

NEGREDO :vagi: :vagi: :vagi:

_________________



VIVA MALTA
avatar
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3318
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 29  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum