Spain NT discussion

Page 26 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

Re: Spain NT discussion

Post by futbol_bill on Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:08 pm

@Rebaño Sagrado wrote:Poor Saul. There could be an argument for him to start, and he doesn't even make it smh.

I would have taken him over Pedro, but it comes down to a choice of wingers vs AMs.

futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:09 pm

@Don't call me James wrote:Awful squad. Spain's golden generation got old and this new generation is very meh.

Tell me that again after the Euros!!!

futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:43 pm

@futbol_bill wrote:
@Don't call me James wrote:Awful squad. Spain's golden generation got old and this new generation is very meh.

Just try not to cry when you can't score against the Czechs despite having 80% possession.
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:11 pm

I actually like this Spain squad. Decent defense (Ramos and Pique have shown to rise to the occasion) with an outstanding goalie in De Gea. A really nice midfield selection with some actual width to go by. The forward line is lacking real firepwoer but I wouldn't underestimate them (don't think anyone would). All in all, a good side Spain sent up.

I personally don't think they'll win but I didn't think Madrid was winning the UCL so what do I know.

I told you so
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:21 pm

@Art Morte wrote:
@futbol_bill wrote:

Just try not to cry when you can't score against the Czechs despite having 80% possession.

Lol, as I said we'll see after the Euros. But don't get upset when your overrated England exits early!!

Oh and I'll be sure to bump your statements just like the Liverpool predictions banana
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:03 pm

@RealGunner wrote:So happy for Bellerin.

Same here Smile

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:40 pm

Did Spain really lose to Georgia lol?
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:42 pm

Must be because they were playing in Getafe's stadium and the general apathy got to them.
Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:41 am

Spain really should have parted ways with Del Bosque. They are over it and have been for years.

Let's not forget they lost 1-5 against a van Gaal team that went on to have practically only goalless draws, as btw did his Utd side.
Don't think a van Gaal team has scored 5 goals since.

Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:29 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:Spain really should have parted ways with Del Bosque. They are over it and have been for years.

Let's not forget they lost 1-5 against a van Gaal team that went on to have practically only goalless draws, as btw did his Utd side.
Don't think a van Gaal team has scored 5 goals since.

Absolutely. In fact, if VDB had seen the signs of the times, he'd left after 2012, which really back then already was a last hurray for that team.

Unbelievably he was so stubborn and inconsiderate to continue after that 2014 debacle.
He's shown himself to be incapable of performing a generational shift and renew the team, too. (Pedro? Fabregas? Alba? Busquets? All kinds of bad decisions there. Busquets should have been benched in the NT after 2014, Alonso took the fall for him but Busquets was the main culprit.)

And now? He's not even leaving now? The guy is about to destroy his good reputation, much like Casillas did.

Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:44 pm

I'm hearing a lot of Spain players plan to retire from NT as well?

These ball kickers are mad retiring from international football. 2016 is mad so far
Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Private

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:49 pm

Not really, you may see Iniesta, but then again he may stay for WC. Casillas has already announced, not really a surprise. Juan Fran and Aduriz due to their age. That's about it. I think Cesc and Pedro should think about it, but hardly likely.

Rest are relatively young. Who returns depends on new coach.

You guys are really down on VDB, but not me. Everyone caught onto to us and it's hard to keep it going. Other than one Brasil generation, I don't believe anyone has kept it going this long.

We lost to  an underrated Italian team, but looking at other teams, I would only put Germany and France ahead. Eliminate Ramos's errors against Croatia, and this team would be in the final against France or Germany!!

I object to the Pedro selection, but little else, maybe Lucas as well, but he wanted 3 wingers and in Spanish futbol that's hard to find (as is CBs).
As to starters, I would only change Cesc for either Koke or Thiago.

VDB is at fault for lack of intensity and defense concentration plus he never got tactics right re 3 CBs. he did try a more direct approach with Morata plus a winger and it was an improvement but not enough.

Keeping Iker on team, but not the starter was a smart move. It provided an orderly transition plus Casillas provided provided leadership behind the scenes.

You're wrong about WC problems. Age caught up to Xabi and Xavi plus the errors (again) of defense concentration / errors of Ramos, Pique, Casillas. And then the issue of no striker.

Generally speaking, there isn't a whole lot to separate the top 10 international teams.

You guys like to over analyse everything. I can watch the Germans and French and I can pick out flaws in them. There is no perfect NT and certainly no perfect coach.

Go ahead and kick them when they are down, but I'd take this team and coach anyday over the English team!
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:17 am

@futbol_bill wrote:
Generally speaking, there isn't a whole lot to separate the top 10 international teams.

You know, I really feel bad for Spain. This golden generation will go down in history as one of the greatest NTs of all-time. The way they dominated everything and for so long is simply magical. One WC and two euros back to back is nothing short of splendid

I don't feel bad for them because they got eliminated btw. I feel bad because we no longer have a mighty national team levitating above the rest like some kind of a football god; all-powerful, untouchable, invincible. No, what we have now is a bunch of good NTs with many flaws and shortcomings. They may give us a good show at times, but we'll never see them field 11 WC players all at once with an equally scary bench.

I felt the same way when Brazil started losing its golden generation btw.

Spain's cycle was bound to come to an end just like all the great NTs before them. Now, I just hope that in the near future another nation will get lucky and give us another monster to conquer the four corners of the world for at least half a decade.

The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:18 am

Meh, only because, with time people will forget how much refs and luck had to do with the 2010 and 2012 titles.

They were incredibly amazing in 2008 though. Almost perfect football.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho on Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:41 pm

Most great teams still need luck to really win at the highest level though (though I would say they won 2010 because Robben bottled it more than luck).

Supporting: Liverpool - Netherlands
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:28 pm

LOL, if you don't like the result blame the refs.

I suppose that boot in the stomach of Xabi wasn't a foul! As I recall that game against Netherlands was a case of ref letting almost everything go despite fouls all over the place by a desperate Netherlands. - That was 2010. In 2012, they were simply the best team despite everyone saying Spain was passed it.

There was only one NT (Brasil) that had such a long run at top.
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:58 pm

http://www.marca.com/futbol/eurocopa/2016/06/30/57754dc4268e3ebb3b8b4661.html

VDB is gone.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:00 pm

Thank God. Maybe they will finally get an unbiased coach who doesnt just call up Barca players
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:24 pm

@futbol_bill wrote:LOL, if you don't like the result blame the refs.

I suppose that boot in the stomach of Xabi wasn't a foul! As I recall that game against Netherlands was a case of ref letting almost everything go despite fouls all over the place by a desperate Netherlands. - That was 2010. In 2012, they were simply the best team despite everyone saying Spain was passed it.

There was only one NT (Brasil) that had such a long run at top.

The de Jong kick to Xabi was a disgrace, and should've been a straight red, but I'm not talking about the final in 2010. But if I were, I'd mention that Iniesta slapped Mark van Bommel in the face, which would've also been a straight red with a non-blind ref.

I'm also not talking about the semis, where I don't remember any particularly important ref blunders.

But oh boy before that. The matches against Chile, and Paraguay... Holy cow Spain basically got the win handed to them on a silver platter by the ref. That weird repeat penalty against Paraguay. The penalty that wasn't a penalty against Chile... Could've just not played those matches and declared Spain the winner before kick-off, would've felt just as fair.

2012 was less dodgy, but they still got a lot of help in the quarters and group stage.

But again, in 2008, one of the best NTs I ever saw.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:18 pm

Julien Lopetegui new spanish coach. Good luck to him. He has already guided a spain nt side to a Euro trophy. Probably the best choice given the choices
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja on Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:32 pm

good choice. should erase the deadweight aka iniesta, silva, cesc, pedro ...

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:23 pm

Hazard is going to have nightmares about Carvajal when he goes to bed tonight Laughing

I like this new look Spain team. Silva has got a free role doing what he likes on that left wing. He is having an excellent game so far
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:08 pm

hazard has scrubbed badly tonight

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory on Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:38 am

Herrera called up for the 1st time. Proud Even though it could be as a backup, the experience alone should benefit him.
Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:48 pm

Lopetegui ffs :bow:

Calls up Callejon something Vicente Del Cule should have done at least 5 seasons ago. Off go Pedro, Fabregas and Mata. Good riddance I say. Calls up Nacho despite Nacho getting an ultimatum from VDC. Already loving this new coach
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:16 pm

With Pique saying he is gone after WC18, and Ramos going at EU20, who will be Spain's next CB partnership?

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next