Spain NT discussion

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31

Go down

Re: Spain NT discussion

Post by futbol_bill on Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:14 pm

Ah Hans, the perpetual troll! I too have noticed a drop in quality (in the german team)!

At least we made in out of group play with a poor coach!

futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:15 pm

@futbol wrote:
@futbol_bill wrote:Lol, Junior, Weren’t you one of the few Enrique supporters in his time with Barca!

And keep in mind, I am a fellow Asturiano, yet even I can see his many flaws!

One of the best coaches around and in Barca history. Won a treble and then a double and in his last season provided us with memorable and entertaining matches like Barca 6 - PSG 1. Also had balls. Even took on Messi. Also provided us with a new dimension and not just possession.

Of course Messi started ruining the shape (playing in the middle, leaving his wing empty offensively and defensively) and everything went downhill from there but Enrique did the best he could.

Is this new fashion! German trolls!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:19 pm

@futbol_bill wrote:Ah Hans, the perpetual troll! I too have noticed a drop in quality (in the german team)!

At least we made in out of group play with a poor coach!

Yeah but we won the World Cup with a poor coach so ..

Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:12 am

rofl Thiago is going to be benched by Sergi Roberto

Spain's rumoured XI:

Kepa
Carvajal-Albiol-Ramos-Alonso
Sergi-Busquets-Saul
Asensio-Morata-Isco

Take Albiol out for Nacho and you have my go-ahead
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:10 pm

Not bad Hala, you got 6 out of 11 right!  No idea where you get your rumours from, certainly noone in Spain. You should look for new sources!

I have to say I am pleasantly surprised. I didn’t expect this at all from Enrique. If he keeps this up, I likely will have to change my opinion.

Most of us Spaniards are pleased and don’t think there could have been a better start for Enrique.

Of the tactics, it’s still lots of possession, but it is much more direct. I must say even more direct than Lopetequi was working towards. He says he wants to change from being so predicable and although it’s only one game, so far so good.

Of the players; top marks to De Gea, Ramos, Carvajal, Saul, Rodrigo. Nacho made the one critical error on their goal, expect to see Iñigo or Abiol in next game. Alonso was a bit timid and didn’t play with a lot of offense, but he does look like he will be an improvement over Alba. Thiago was Ok, but he can be more of a presence. Busquet was average and certainly can be better. The change in tactics probably affects him more than anyone, but he definitely has the ability.
Aspas was so so. Definitely Costa had he stayed would have started and is an upgrade over Aspas. I do like the starting of two strikers. Aspas is more effective as a SS IMO.
And finally Isco, lowest rating. Something is off with him, both with club and NT. Don’t know what it is, but he has to shake it off and quickly! He has gone from being the main guy under Lopetequi to a questionable starter in just 3 months! In addition, he has this row with Torres (from El Pais) that has obviously gotten into his head. Torres has accused him of being the disruptive force in the WC team.

But I have to say overall a very good start for Enrique. Gives me, and other Spaniards reason the hope again.

And of the players mentioned above, none of them don’t have it in them to not improve. Then there is the other 14 players!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:20 pm

@futbol_bill wrote:Not bad Hala, you got 6 out of 11 right!
rofl

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sampdoria

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol on Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:12 pm

Lucho doing Lucho things. 6-0-ing the World Cup Silver Medal winners. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:40 pm

Not only has Luis Enrique revised the national team positively, he thru his callups each month have 5-7 changes, a couple due to injuries, but he is introducing more and more newcomers or those who have been overlooked in the past. And he is largely looking beyond Real Madrid and Barcelona. While he is obviously looking for the right answers at traditional weak spots, he also is creating competition for every spot so that no one gets complacent. I credit this improved Luis Enrique to my Junior!

Another interesting development today was the U21 selection. There isn’t one player from either Real Madrid nor Barcelona! I don’t ever remember that being done before!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue on Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:39 am

I understand De Gea is more accomplished than Kepa, but based on form and De Gea terrible showing for Spain. There is no reason for DDG to start over Kepa.

First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:48 am

After last game, I wouldn’t be surprised if Kepa starts game this weekend
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down