RealGunner
Mr Nick09
rwo power
donttreadonred
Yeezus
83 posters

Page 40 of 43 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

Go down

France NT News, Formations & Results - Page 40 Empty Re: France NT News, Formations & Results

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:20 pm

The team is really looking good... granted, competition wasn't great. But always hard against PTB teams; especially thugs like Iceland.

At the WC, believe it or not, Griezmann and Mbappe really hadn't figured out how to play with each other. Pavard was still very green with Varane figuring out how to help him.

Now, Mbappe and Griezmann understand each other like they've known each other for years while Pavard is far more confident since Varane is anticipating him now.

Giroud is actually scoring goals too lol.

And to think that Lucas, Dembele and Martial are injured while Lacazette and Ben Yedder can't make the team.

I personally feel that it's a disgrace that Lemar and Thauvin are keeping Laca ad Ben Yedder off the team. But that's just me maybe.

Kimpembe should not be chose over Laporte either.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

France NT News, Formations & Results - Page 40 Empty Re: France NT News, Formations & Results

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:54 am

Mbappe is sure not going to continue playing on the right. you can see in the way he behaves playing on the right, he doesnt like it. He has grown a lot in his positioning at PSG this season and when you try to stick him to a side in the NT, he is not comfortable with it anymore
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:19 am

Team is stacked top to bottom, morale is high, and they are very comfortable playing with each other. Right now, I can't see any other team winning Euros.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:53 am

Meh .... I hope last goal by Giroud because it is being embarassing
France NT News, Formations & Results - Page 40 Screenshot-20190326-104855-2
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:54 pm

sportsczy wrote:The team is really looking good... granted, competition wasn't great. But always hard against PTB teams; especially thugs like Iceland.

At the WC, believe it or not, Griezmann and Mbappe really hadn't figured out how to play with each other. Pavard was still very green with Varane figuring out how to help him.

Now, Mbappe and Griezmann understand each other like they've known each other for years while Pavard is far more confident since Varane is anticipating him now.

Giroud is actually scoring goals too lol.

And to think that Lucas, Dembele and Martial are injured while Lacazette and Ben Yedder can't make the team.

I personally feel that it's a disgrace that Lemar and Thauvin are keeping Laca ad Ben Yedder off the team. But that's just me maybe.

Kimpembe should not be chose over Laporte either.

That's not who's keeping Laca and WBY out of the team; Lemar is an old school left-footed LW and Thauvin is a RW. In DD's mind, the three CFs are Giroud, Griezmann, and Mbappé.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:29 pm

Robespierre wrote:Meh .... I hope last goal by Giroud because it is being embarassing
France NT News, Formations & Results - Page 40 Screenshot-20190326-104855-2

Goals per game

0.569 Platini
0.479 Trezeguet
0.414 Henry
0.405 Griezmann
0.400 Mbappé
0.393 Giroud
0.333 Benzema
0.287 Zidane
0.194 Gignac

1.428 Fontaine What a Face
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:08 pm

farfan wrote:That's not who's keeping Laca and WBY out of the team; Lemar is an old school left-footed LW and Thauvin is a RW. In DD's mind, the three CFs are Giroud, Griezmann, and Mbappé.

I know.  And that's weird to me.  If Martial was the initial callup... Ben Yedder is far more similar to Martial than Lemar.  So how can you call up Lemar when Martial gets injured as opposed to Ben Yedder?

If Giroud goes down, you're forced to play Mbappe as a CF because you have no other option (i don't care that he thinks Griezmann can play there; he can't).  You're forced to move Mbappe.  Why not give yourself the option of another proven scorer like Laca?

That's my big issue.  We have no scoring firepower on the bench if we need it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:54 pm

Lacazette is the 2nd best player to play upfront after Giroud. He is fantastic with his back to goal and really good at linking up play.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:04 am

@RG. I think Deschamps wants to transition from Giroud to Mbappe as the central striker... that's why he's bringing in so many second strikers, wingers and AMs as opposed to other central strikers.

Mbappe's move to central striker at PSG is almost certainly going to become permanent too.

With that in mind, players like Martial, Coman, Dembele, Fekir, Lemar, Coman and Thauvin are a lot more important right now than Ben Yedder and Laca. Once Giroud is no longer there, then it opens up for those two.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:24 am

France loses and not a word posted!!!    affraid Sleep
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:07 pm

Mbappe, Greizz, Pogba, Coman, Giroud and only 4 shots not even a single on target rofl

Deschamps will make the same mistake all WC winnering manager have made.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:09 pm

camavinga is great.

digne looks like a player suddenly lol.  Carlo doing his magic at Everton.

Aouar...  a bit tense in his first start for France.  Playing timid.

Upameccano...  same as Aouar.  Seems nervous.

Tolisso...  a bit useless

Martial...  ok; not great

Giroud... loool.  double with a golasso.  He's going to become France's all time scorer at some point, which is shocking when you consider Papin, Platini, Kopa, Henry, Trezeguet, etc. 42 goals in 100 games.  Only behind Henry with 51.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:21 pm

not really that surprising, Giroud is a stut!
French football hall of famer
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:31 pm

sportsczy wrote:which is shocking when you consider Papin, Platini, Kopa, Henry, Trezeguet, etc. 42 goals in 100 games.  Only behind Henry with 51.

You know what's even more shocking? Henry's tally.

51 is still a great record, but Henry is one of the best strikers in history, I really thought he would have more than just 51 goals.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:39 am

Henry wasn't very good with France NT.  That's why he's literally an afterthought in terms of popularity with the French public... disappointing is a very mild way to put it.

Why?  When Zidane retired from NT in 2004 after the Euro, the NT was in disarray as Henry couldn't lead it.  Zidane was forced to come back to lead France to the world cup... where Henry actually cheated with that hand ball lol to get them in.

Once Zidane left for good after WC 2006, Henry again could not lead the team.

Just doesn't have a good NT record because he was so arrogant and did very little to back it up with NT.  His arrogance wasn't well perceived.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 18, 2021 2:47 pm

Bacary Sagna has named his France Euro 2020 squad.

What would you change?

Lloris, Mandanda, Maignan

Varane, Kimpembe, Digne, Pavard, Hernandez, Lenglet, Dubois, Laporte (?)

Kante, Pogba, N'dombele, Rabiot, Sissoko, Lemar

Martial, Mbappe, Coman, Griezmann, Ben Yedder, Saint-Maximin, Benzema, Giroud

Personally, Areola would make it for more. Think he is a really good goalie.

Mendy over Laporte, considering the obvious. Also Kounde over Lenglet. Or Upamecano.

Have not seen him this season, but midfield seems a bit light to me, is there really no room for Aouar or even the youngster Camavinga? Not going to need this many forwards. Perhaps both because I cant see the need for 8 forwards.

Thuram doesnt deserve a shout? Seems really impressive the few times I seen him in the CL.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 18, 2021 3:19 pm

Tolisso over Rabiot, obviously

No Dembélé is a bad joke. Over Sant Maximin, or Martial. Benzema isn't coming of course.

No idea how Aouar's season has been but him over Lemar sounds plausible to me
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 18, 2021 3:38 pm

Forgot Dembele somehow, yep he makes it over Martial or Maximin to me.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue May 18, 2021 5:45 pm

Benzema is indeed back. Major media outlets reporting it.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue May 18, 2021 6:07 pm

Lol Deschamps with an embarrassing U-turn. Their first meeting is going to be fun
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue May 18, 2021 7:36 pm

Squad announced.

Attackers: Benzema, M. Thuram, O. Dembélé, Lemar, Griezmann, Mbappé, Giroud, Ben Yedder, Coman

Midfielders: Kanté, Pogba, Rabiot, Tolisso, Sissoko

Defenders: Pavard, Hernandez, Kimpembe, Koundé, Zouma, Varane, Lenglet, Digne, Dubois

Goalkeepers: Lloris, Maignan, Mandanda
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue May 18, 2021 9:06 pm

He deserves it. He has been stellar this season and by far our best player.

I guess Deschamps couldn't simply ignore his form and had to reward him with a call-up.

This is not to say that he didn't deserve the snub before, but kudos to Deschamps for having the heart to forgive him.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 19, 2021 12:45 am

Deschamps had no choice... Martial is hurt, Giroud never plays and Ben Yedder isn't a WC striker.

If this France NT had a catatrophic Euro without Benz, DD would have been crucified.

Now, even if France NT have issues at the Euro, DD cannot be accused to have left one of his best players out.

ffs what a team

Lloris
Pavard - Varane - Zouma - Hernandez
Kante - Pogba - Rabiot
Griezmann - Benzema - Mbappe

I'm surprised that Ndombele was left out for Sissoko... but Sissoko is DD's son.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 19, 2021 2:35 am

France is so unbelievably stacked . Should dominate the next decade.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed May 19, 2021 2:45 am

Never thought I'd see the day Benz would return to the national team.

Deschamps is wise to bury the hatchet. Benzema can play in midfield as a CAM or a DM so now he's got plenty of options going forward.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed May 19, 2021 7:58 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Lol Deschamps with an embarrassing U-turn. Their first meeting is going to be fun

Don’t agree. I give Deschamps tons of credit for swallowing his pride. That takes a true man. I have a ton of respect for him now.

Benzema is exactly what they need. Ironically, since griezzmann is best in the hole or an SS position, it’ll be interesting to see how they work out.

Not a fan of rabiot. Personally think Aouar is better.

Ironically, if bennacer and Mahrez chose France this team would be even better then the WC winning team. That would’ve been interesting to see.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 43 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next