El Gato - San Iker Casillas

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Re: El Gato - San Iker Casillas

Post by FalcaoPunch on Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:25 pm

Thank you, Zealous.

You got my point across perfectly. For now let's be thankful we have two such top class gk.

FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4140
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: El Gato - San Iker Casillas

Post by Zealous on Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:31 pm

@FalcaoPunch wrote:Thank you, Zealous.

You got my point across perfectly. For now let's be thankful we have two such top class gk.
Agreed 100% before people call me a Iker hater anti Madrid mofo I'd like to say that I still think that Iker is a good GK but treating Diego (who is from the cantera and is 100% Madridista) like a subhuman sh*t keeper is a disgrace.

Plus Diego doesn't seem to be leaking info the press so that's a plus.

_________________

avatar
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: El Gato - San Iker Casillas

Post by Adit on Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:34 pm

@Zealous wrote:
@Mamad wrote:Iker Casillas is one of the best goalkeepers in last 20-30 years and he was the best in last 5-6 years. not to add he is a club legend. a Madrid icon.

you can't bench a player like him without giving a chance to be back on form.

Lopez isn't a 20 year old keeper. he is older than Casillas for fs sake. Benching Iker for Lopez who is just a GOOD keeper is stupid. he is nothing special and there is no long term future in him.

Let Iker play some games. let him gain his confidence. he deserves it. he has earned it through years. then if we see he can't be better than Lopez Benching him is the correct thing. i have no problem with that.

When Iker was a starter when did our sub GK get any minutes? When we had Dudek he barely played 90 minutes in two years.

Diego is starter until he does something to show that he doesn't deserve it. That's how GK rotation works.

Iker is not bigger than the club and he never will be. IMO he's not even in our top 5 most crucial players atm so he isn't and shouldn't be entitled to anything. Ancelloti, Zidane and their staff have the final say in this matter and I support their decesions 100% just like I supported Mourinho.

Sacchi has said that Iker doesn't work hard in training before and Xabi has said that Mourinho respected those who worked hard. That coupled with Iker's press leaks and entitlement in addition to refusing to warm up before games has really soured me on Casillas as of late :/
Poor logic.


Because Dudek at best it no where near Casillas which is why he didnt get many minute. Casillas at best is miles better than diego which is why it is important to get him back to form.


Again the sachi quote...what happened after that? casillas became best GK in the world for many years after that..so im not going to count on some ones words.


LOL at the refusing to warm up. There is a video iker doing the warm up before the match..i can show it if u want.


Last edited by Adit on Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
#WEAREALLTAXFRAUDS
avatar
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9238
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Re: El Gato - San Iker Casillas

Post by Freeza on Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:36 pm

TBH I think Lopez is just as insecure as Casillas, if anything Lopez has a tough time communicating with Pepe apparently, I have seen it multiple times in preseason where they fail to communicate. Also Lopez' presence in set pieces is way overrated imo.

_________________
hmm:
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 18771
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: El Gato - San Iker Casillas

Post by Adit on Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:38 pm

@Freeza wrote:TBH I think Lopez is just as insecure as Casillas, if anything Lopez has a tough time communicating with Pepe apparently, I have seen it multiple times in preseason where they fail to communicate. Also Lopez' presence in set pieces is way overrated imo.
which is ...we conceded twice as many set piece goals after Diego came in...and he made crucial mistakes in set pieces like the welbeck goal in bernabue which he should have claimed/punched.

_________________
#WEAREALLTAXFRAUDS
avatar
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9238
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Re: El Gato - San Iker Casillas

Post by FalcaoPunch on Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:40 pm

@Freeza wrote:TBH I think Lopez is just as insecure as Casillas, if anything Lopez has a tough time communicating with Pepe apparently, I have seen it multiple times in preseason where they fail to communicate. Also Lopez' presence in set pieces is way overrated imo.
If that's the case, let's hope varane has a speedy recovery.
Because I've never noticed an issue of communication with Varane-Ramos and Lopez.
avatar
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 4140
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: El Gato - San Iker Casillas

Post by FalcaoPunch on Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:41 pm

@Adit wrote:
@Zealous wrote:
@Mamad wrote:Iker Casillas is one of the best goalkeepers in last 20-30 years and he was the best in last 5-6 years. not to add he is a club legend. a Madrid icon.

you can't bench a player like him without giving a chance to be back on form.

Lopez isn't a 20 year old keeper. he is older than Casillas for fs sake. Benching Iker for Lopez who is just a GOOD keeper is stupid. he is nothing special and there is no long term future in him.

Let Iker play some games. let him gain his confidence. he deserves it. he has earned it through years. then if we see he can't be better than Lopez Benching him is the correct thing. i have no problem with that.

When Iker was a starter when did our sub GK get any minutes? When we had Dudek he barely played 90 minutes in two years.

Diego is starter until he does something to show that he doesn't deserve it. That's how GK rotation works.

Iker is not bigger than the club and he never will be. IMO he's not even in our top 5 most crucial players atm so he isn't and shouldn't be entitled to anything. Ancelloti, Zidane and their staff have the final say in this matter and I support their decesions 100% just like I supported Mourinho.

Sacchi has said that Iker doesn't work hard in training before and Xabi has said that Mourinho respected those who worked hard. That coupled with Iker's press leaks and entitlement in addition to refusing to warm up before games has really soured me on Casillas as of late :/
Poor logic.


Because Dudek at best it no where near Casillas which is why he didnt get many minute. Casillas at best is miles better than diego which is why it is important to get him back to form.


Again the sachi quote...what happened after that? casillas became best GK in the world for many years after that..so im not going to count on some ones words.


LOL at the refusing to warm up. There is a video iker doing the warm up before the match..i can show it if u want.
The logic is that there is a starting GK and a sub GK.
Casillas the Starter
Dudek the Sub.

Dudek was a great keeper. So the logic is that he never got playing time in almost two years.
avatar
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 4140
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: El Gato - San Iker Casillas

Post by Adit on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:00 pm

Logic has to be applied according to situation. This is not logic gates in Mathematics where there is one out come for all the situations. This is real life and Dudek was no where near Casillas,he was just a good GK.. Look at other clubs where there is two great GKs competing for the same spot ,they are allowed equal time in the first year until one inevitably leave.


_________________
#WEAREALLTAXFRAUDS
avatar
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9238
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Re: El Gato - San Iker Casillas

Post by Valkyrja on Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:54 pm

Casillas isn't crucial ? He is our leader, saved our asses hundreds of times, he's the best GK in the world.

_________________
avatar
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10584
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: El Gato - San Iker Casillas

Post by FalcaoPunch on Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:12 pm

So what's your take on his poor performances last year? That was apparent to everyone btw.

And no one is trying to belittle him, but benching Lopez for him makes no sense from a purely footballing perspective.

You sprinkle in political... then maybe you might get in somewhere.
avatar
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 4140
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: El Gato - San Iker Casillas

Post by Onyx on Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:38 pm

Casillas needs to be given a chance to show whether he's regained his form or not. On form he's the best goalkeeper in the World and better than Lopez.

I think it's better to take the risk now and play Casillas, rather than later when it's the knockout stages etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Private
Posts : 39919
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: El Gato - San Iker Casillas

Post by Jamarcus Latarian III on Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:08 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Casillas needs to be given a chance to show whether he's regained his form or not. On form he's the best goalkeeper in the World and better than Lopez.

I think it's better to take the risk now and play Casillas, rather than later when it's the knockout stages etc.
He is not. On-form compared to other on-form goalkeepers, he is not even in the top three. He is overrated because he is Spain and Real Madrid's golden boy and the only asset he had were his reflexes. Now that they are dwindling, he'll be useless.

_________________
English Ballon D'Or winners: Sir Stanley Matthews, Sir Robert Charlton, Sir Joseph Keegan, Sir Michael Owen
avatar
Jamarcus Latarian III
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 30
Join date : 2013-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: El Gato - San Iker Casillas

Post by Mamad on Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:18 am

Sir Michael Owen :facepalm: 
avatar
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 2978
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: El Gato - San Iker Casillas

Post by Adit on Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:52 am

@FalcaoPunch wrote:So what's your take on his poor performances last year? That was apparent to everyone btw.

And no one is trying to belittle him, but benching Lopez for him makes no sense from a purely footballing perspective.

You sprinkle in political... then maybe you might get in somewhere.
The argument is NOT benching Lopez for Iker. The argument is the poor logic you guys showcased saying ''why should iker get any minute this season when Dudek didnt?''...meaning Iker shouldnt even get a minute to get back to his former self.Which is sorry to say very very poor logic considering the situation we are in.

_________________
#WEAREALLTAXFRAUDS
avatar
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9238
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Re: El Gato - San Iker Casillas

Post by FalcaoPunch on Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:27 pm

The logic is we have a gk who earned his starting position over the course of the past season.

Your logic is that Iker is Iker and that why we should bench Lopez, who has done nothing wrong from a footballing point of view to deserve to sit on the bench.

I'm appalled at the lack of respect that Lopez is getting.
avatar
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 4140
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: El Gato - San Iker Casillas

Post by Nedved on Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:35 pm

Wonderful... Madrid faithful..

Last season You & Media said Mou dropped Legend - Iker for reasons other than football? May be. I don't care now.

Now this season. Ancelloti (with Madrid's true legend - Zidane along) still drops Iker. You question that decision for
1. Personal reasons - NO
2. Ancelloti & Zidane have no footballing brain - NO
3. Matches lost - NO
4. ?

I don't see a footballing reason to question the decision. This makes you sound more like the man you complained against the most - for not having footballing reasons to drop someone.

As for the Legend talk - I think a decision with  Ancelloti & Legend -Zidane involved needs to be respected.

1 Coach can be wrong. 3 Coaches are wrong?  Yes
How many coaches can be wrong? Coaches for 10 more seasons Smile

Just chill..Iker will get his chance..

Real Madrid needs no faithful, but respect for all and patience above all.



avatar
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 704
Join date : 2012-09-26

Back to top Go down

Re: El Gato - San Iker Casillas

Post by FalcaoPunch on Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:26 pm

Casillas was never "dropped" by Ancelotti.
Lopez just remained our starting GK.
avatar
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 4140
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: El Gato - San Iker Casillas

Post by Zealous on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:07 pm

Arbeloa: "No nos importa el nombre del portero que esté en la portería. El escudo es el mismo para todos".
"It doesn't matter to us the name of the goalkeeper in goal. The shield (badge/crest) is the same for everyone."

Amen

_________________

avatar
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: El Gato - San Iker Casillas

Post by chad4401 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:28 am

Arbeloa being the voice of reason Proud im expecting him to get booed soon Laughing

_________________
avatar
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 4077
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: El Gato - San Iker Casillas

Post by FalcaoPunch on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:42 pm

You'd think the fans of Madrid in Spain and even the press after such a hard time and problems with Mou, they would rally behind the team and put the best foot forward and try to motivate the team to not let last year repeat itself.

Instead they are looking to start more drama...unnecessary drama at that.
avatar
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 4140
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: El Gato - San Iker Casillas

Post by Winter is Coming on Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:36 pm

Iker Casillas has told Pepe Reina that he does not intend to leave Real Madrid despite his lack of playing time at the club.

Los Merengues' shot-stopper has found himself a peripheral figure at the club so far this season, featuring only in his side's two Champions League matches to date, with Diego Lopez still the preferred choice between the posts.

However, the 32-year-old remains committed to the capital club for the time being, as he divulged to Spain team-mate Reina while preparing for the World Cup qualifier with Belarus on Friday.

"I guess it's not so bad," Reina began in a conversation transcribed by Cuatro.

"How many games could you play? 10, 12 [in reference to the number of games Casillas could play this season for Madrid in cup competitions]?

"But at the end of the day, it's a pretty s****y season."

Casillas replied: "Yes, but leave now? I don't think so, mate. At least I get to play in the Copa del Rey."

Casillas :bow:

_________________

"I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi

Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3673
Join date : 2013-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: El Gato - San Iker Casillas

Post by Mamad on Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:46 pm

Iker should be the number 1 again.
avatar
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 2978
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: El Gato - San Iker Casillas

Post by Nedved on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:22 pm

Yes for Spain.

avatar
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 704
Join date : 2012-09-26

Back to top Go down

Re: El Gato - San Iker Casillas

Post by Pedram on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:22 am

Casillas will return to starting XI very soon.

_________________
avatar
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 5862
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: El Gato - San Iker Casillas

Post by Valkyrja on Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:25 pm

Iker Casillas has claimed that Real Madrid colleague Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player in the world.

Addressing an anti-bullying event on Tuesday, the Spain international lavished praise on the Portugal international, who has scored 17 goals in 14 Liga appearances for the Blancos this season.

“There’s one player who’s ahead of everyone else, who’s in amazing form and who deserves all the praise," the Madrid club captain enthused. "That player is Cristiano Ronaldo.

"I don’t think there’s any doubt about it and he shows it game after game. It’s good for Madrid because our hope is that, thanks to him, in a few months' time we’ll be achieving our goals for this year.”

Indeed, Casillas believes that Carlo Ancelotti's men have the potential to win the treble this season.

“We’re working for it," he explained. "We’re training for it, but we can’t go crazy. Because even though right now people are praising us, that can take the edge off.

"We need to keep going as we are right now and wait for the end of the season.

“This is a young, ambitious team. Hopefully, we’ll win the European Cup – we’ve been waiting for it for 11 years - another league and, why not, the Cup.”

The 32-year-old shot-stopper, who has been forced to play second fiddle to Diego Lopez in La Liga this season, also spoke about the criticism he is forced to deal with on website Twitter.

"On social networks people insult me a lot,” Casillas added. “There's a lot people who call you names behind an avatar, but then, in person, they’re cowards.

"If this happens, you should go to the police, who act to block accounts.”


acting like a captain after a very long time :bow: 

_________________
avatar
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10584
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: El Gato - San Iker Casillas

Post by Mamad on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:03 pm

He always was like this.

That piece of *bleep* Mou made things up.
avatar
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 2978
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: El Gato - San Iker Casillas

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum