Turok_TTZ
shaven
65 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

El Gato - San Iker Casillas - Page 11 Empty Re: El Gato - San Iker Casillas

Post by Mamad Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:03 pm

He always was like this.

That piece of *bleep* Mou made things up.

Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:11 pm

Take it easy Mamad.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:32 pm

Iker Casillas has made clear his determination to stay at Real Madrid, rejecting rumours of a January switch to Arsenal or Manchester City.

The 32-year-old has been linked with a possible mid-season or end-of-season move to one of the Premier League pair, amid a difficult 2013 calendar year which has been spent predominantly on the bench at the Santiago Bernabeu.

Reports recently have suggested intermediaries working on the goalkeeper’s behalf have looked to initiate talks with the Gunners and City, but now the Spain international has looked to clarify matters.

“Many people have speculated about my situation, not just in recent years,” Casillas has reflected on Antena 3 programme El Hormiguero.

“Each day rumours emerge and such information will appear. I belong to Madrid, which is the club of my life, I want to stay here.

“Today my decision is to continue in Madrid. I want to win La Decima, more Cups and Leagues.

“In the future…I will leave, within 10 years. When I am 38 it will cost me more. My mind is blank today. I am delighted to be at Madrid. In five or six years, we shall see.

“Being a starter at the World Cup? I do not know. Much time remains. You have to enjoy the moment. We shall see what happens in five or six months.

“We must focus on our clubs, which is what allows us to get into the national team.

“Being Spain’s No 1 but not Madrid’s? There are Coaches who decide what is best. I have no problem. I compete. I like challenges.

“Whenever I have been in the spotlight, I have wanted to demonstrate my worth. It is good to have competition. I do not care. I try to train well and enjoy it.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:56 pm

Iker Casillas will leave Real Madrid in June if he is still not the club’s number one, according to reports.

The Spanish national team captain has had to play second fiddle to Diego Lopez in the League this season.

And AS claim that the goalkeeper is looking to leave Santiago Bernabeu in the summer if he is not part of Carlo Ancelotti’s domestic plans.

Casillas told El Hormiguero earlier this month: “Real Madrid is my here and now. I'm delighted to be here. In five or six years we'll see.”

However, the Madrid-based paper has insisted that the shot-stopper will wait until June and then decide his future.

Manchester City and Arsenal have both been linked with switches for the 32-year-old.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:20 pm

I think Iker is getting close to regaining his number 1 status at Madrid... or at least get a shot at it. Diego hasn't been that impressive lately after a very good start.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:26 pm

El Gato - San Iker Casillas - Page 11 Emotionant-primele-poze-cu-fiul-lui-iker-casillas-starul-lui-real-a-pus-pe-twitter-o-imagine-de-senzatie
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:18 pm

Casillas:

"Of course (I see myself at Madrid next year)," he told AS.

"What I have to do is focus on myself. We're in all three competitions. Last season we had a very difficult time. Now I hope to get to April with our fate in our hands on all fronts.

"Even I'm bored talking about my situation now. People should just enjoy the players in the team, those who the coach picks in each competition and on each matchday, and that's that.

"What I have to do is train as well as possible, firstly for myself and then for the team.

"And I have to enjoy myself when I play, because it's a pleasure."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jugster Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:43 am

Iker Casillas- the bogeyman of Atletico Madrid
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=599503660124398

jugster
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:39 pm

Iker Casillas and Carlo Ancelotti have cleared the air over comments made by the daughter of the Real Madrid Coach.

Katia Ancelotti told Vanity Fair that in her opinion, too much time is spent talking about Casillas and not enough about Diego Lopez, his rival for the goalkeeper’s position at Santiago Bernabeu.

Lopez is the club’s first choice for League games with Casillas taking the gloves in the Cup, last night helping Madrid to the final in a 2-0 win over Atletico Madrid.

“Why does everyone care about Casillas and nobody care about Diego?” Katia Ancelotti asked Vanity Fair.

“I don’t understand - he’s a terrific player.”

Mundo Deportivo reports that Ancelotti apologised to Casillas for his daughter’s comments, with Casillas saying he doesn’t know Katia but accepted the Coach’s apology because it is the right thing to do.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:21 pm

i can imagine if casillas' girlfriend made similar comments as ancelotti's daughter, a host of fans will start crying foul and calling iker all sorts of names. yet this goes under the radar. the truth is, the spanish media have cooled down considerably with the iker-lopezz debate; yes they throw out certain stats sometimes that seem like underhanded jabs at either goalie, but they've accepted how things are this season.....so katia making that comment was uncalled for. the fact that her father is the coach and her husband is on the staff is reason enough for her not to have made such statement. she isn't a journalist, so its not like she's trying to get hits on the gossip column, her family's relation to the club compromises her freedom to just make any statement, and to suggest people don't care about diego is pushing it....people sided with diego last year when they felt iker was off form,(some, just wanted iker out, for stupid reasons such as who he did or did not vote for in ballon d'or or whose goal he did or did not celebrate) now some are shifting gears this year, that's just the nature of football
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jugster Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:57 pm

titosantill wrote:i can imagine if casillas' girlfriend made similar comments as ancelotti's daughter, a host of fans will start crying foul and calling iker all sorts of names. yet this goes under the radar. the truth is, the spanish media have cooled down considerably with the iker-lopezz debate; yes they throw out certain stats sometimes that seem like underhanded jabs at either goalie, but they've accepted how things are this season.....so katia making that comment was uncalled for. the fact that her father is the coach and her husband is on the staff is reason enough for her not to have made such statement. she isn't a journalist, so its not like she's trying to get hits on the gossip column, her family's relation to the club compromises her freedom to just make any statement, and to suggest people don't care about diego is pushing it....people sided with diego last year when they felt iker was off form,(some,  just wanted iker out, for stupid reasons such as who he did or did not vote for in ballon d'or or whose goal he did or did not celebrate)  now some are shifting gears this year, that's just the nature of football

Yes, her boyfriend is on the staff and her father is the coach. She should shy away from commenting about the team. And its certainly not her father's fault. Just to remove any doubt, he's apologized to Casillas. The matter should end there.

jugster
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:36 am

Did anyone ever apologize for Sara's words?
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by jugster Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:03 am

FalcaoPunch wrote:Did anyone ever apologize for Sara's words?

Not sure, but Casillas should've patched it up with Ronaldo.

jugster
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:22 am

with regards her words about cristiano, casillas made a statement to the media about it stating him and cristiano had talked about it.....about the team vs mourinho, everyone saw what was happening, none of the players really spoke about that whole situation until mourinho left, and arbeloa all of a sudden became vocal, lol...
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:52 pm

Carlo Ancelotti is open to the idea of playing Iker Casillas more often in La Liga if Real Madrid reach the Champions League final.

Asked at a Press conference if Casillas would be given game time to ready him for the Champions League final, Ancelotti was reluctant to discuss a hypothetical.

It was put to him that there would be a month between the Copa del Rey final and the Champions League, which, by current standards, would see Casillas benched for the entire run of League fixtures.

Diego Lopez has been Ancelotti’s first choice for the League but Ancelotti didn’t rule out giving the gloves back to the captain.

“We’ll see. We can’t think now about the Champions League final,” Ancelotti said.

“If the wish comes true come and talk to me then. It could happen.”

Ancelotti also described his management style and revealed a little about his relationship with the players.

“I don’t like the Coach who says ‘you do this because I say so’,” Ancelotti added.

“I like the relationship to be at the same level, not above or below.

“My office is always open, although they only come in when there’s a problem.

“If I have to talk to a player, I do. Usually it’s if a player who usually plays isn’t going to.

“I’m not the kind to rule with an iron fist but we do have discipline, a code of respect to adhere to.”

Ancelotti was asked about his impressions of working at a club the size of Madrid, compared to his previous posts at Paris Saint-Germain, Chelsea and Milan.

“Last year in Paris there was great pressure,” Ancelotti revealed.

“A club is not only under pressure from the Press. There is also pressure from the players who don’t play. That’s the worst.

“I think when you put on the shirt of Milan or Madrid you feel different. They are similar in that sense. In all the big clubs the pressure is the same.”

Ancelotti was asked about the situation with Isco, who has fallen out of favour after being a regular earlier in the season.

The Coach suggested the former Malaga player could play in a position other than his favoured behind the striker, but there hasn’t been time to work that way.

“He could play on the left of three midfielders, like in Milan.

“There I had Clarence Seedorf, an attacking midfielder who adapted further back, next to Gennaro Gatusso and Andrea Pirlo.

“I’ve not had time to try that here but it could be done.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jugster Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:09 am

The signs are that Iker Casillas will leave at the end of the season, unless something changes drastically.

jugster
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:21 am

Carlo said if we get to the final of the champions league Iker will start in the league for the remainder of the season. Aka a slow process to give his position back without hurting Diego's feelings Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jugster Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:46 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Carlo said if we get to the final of the champions league Iker will start in the league for the remainder of the season. Aka a slow process to give his position back without hurting Diego's feelings Laughing

but why would he be given the position back if Diego is playing well? That wouldn't be fair to him either.

jugster
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:07 pm

Because there won't be any Copa/CL games for a month and Iker needs to be playing if he is to start the final. Blessing in disguise for him I suppose because I can't see him giving up the position after he has taken a firm grip on it

harsh on Lopez I know but that's life
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jugster Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:09 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Because there won't be any Copa/CL games for a month and Iker needs to be playing if he is to start the final. Blessing in disguise for him I suppose

Diego fans will say start him Smile but this is so interesting, how these things play out.

Last edited by jugster on Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

jugster
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:13 pm

tbh I don't see there being any noise this time tbh. It was a problem last year because Mou felt it was ok to talk about locker room stuff in public which divided people on Diego vs Iker

lets be real here Iker has been the best keeper for seasons upon seasons, him getting his spot back is long overdue
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jugster Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:15 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:tbh I don't see there being any noise this time tbh. It was a problem last year because Mou felt it was ok to talk about locker room stuff in public which divided people on Diego vs Iker

lets be real here Iker has been the best keeper for seasons upon seasons, him getting his spot back is long overdue

It should never have been taken from him, after all he's given. And at least after Mou leaving, I thought he'd get it back. But I suspect there's some presidential politics in all this.

jugster
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:23 pm

Iker was a little complacent last season so I was ok with Lopez playing until Iker decided to get back to his level. As you said he should have started when the season began but Carlo I believe is too nice. Lopez hadn't exactly been bad, so for Carlo to say oh soz Lopez but Iker will get his spot back despite you being great last season without Iker having showed improvements yet (was away with spain) would have sent out the wrong message both to him and all our other goalkeepers. I think further on in the season is the pefect time to slowly slide him in without anyone noticing because he has performed so good.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:09 pm

Real Madrid star Iker Casillas insists he is not thinking about leaving the club and will not think about his future until his contract ends.

The 32-year-old goalkeeper, who has been linked with a summer move, is currently contracted to Real until 2017 and there is a clause which will see that extended by a further year if he plays 30 games or more in the final season of that deal.

Casillas is firmly of the belief that he can play until he is 40, and he admits he would love that to be with Real.

Casillas, who is a product of Real's own academy, has played over 600 games for the club since making his debut in 1999 and is also Spain's most capped player with over 150 appearances.

"I'm thinking more and more about what I'll do when I quit playing. I'd like to stay involved in football and help the club, if the circumstances allow it," he told Melodia FM,

"I can play on until I'm 40. If you look after yourself as a goalkeeper, you can carry on until that age.

"I'd love to be able to keep playing for Real Madrid until I'm 40, but a time will come when that's not possible. I'll consider my future at Real when my contract expires."

Casillas, who has won La Liga five times with Real and the Champions League twice, insists that silverware is still the thing that drives him.

"I'd like to keep winning trophies," he said.

"It's amazing to have the chance to win silverware and then go out and enjoy it with the fans on the street. It's a privilege".

Despite his success, Casillas concedes that he has had some good luck to get where he is.

"I think luck is like a story we sometimes hide behind. I remember things didn't go so well when I made my debut against Athletic, so I went back down to the B-team, but then Illgner got injured and I was promoted to the first team again," he said.

"Something similar happened in the World Cup in Japan and Korea. There are things that you think will never happen, but then they do. You never want anything bad to happen to a team-mate, but I seized my chance".

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:08 pm

Iker Casillas has promised to give Barcelona midfielder Sergio Busquets "a slap" after he appeared to stamp on Real Madrid defender Pepe.

The Spain international clashed with the Portguese during the Blaugrana's 4-3 Clasico win at the Bernabeu last month, but was quick to deny any wrongdoing.

Pepe responded by calling the 25-year-old a "liar" and Casillas has backed his team-mate, slamming his Spain colleague's conduct.

"The image speaks for itself. Pepe has the full backing of the whole side," he said at a promotional event.

"I'm not going to go into more detail. It was a heated moment. Busquets, from my point of view, behaved poorly. When I see Busquets I'll give him a slap."

Casillas has only played for Madrid in the Copa del Rey and the Champions League this season, with coach Carlo Ancelotti preferring Diego Lopez in La Liga, but the 32-year-old is tired of the debate.

"It is a subject that has got tiresome. Those who the boss thinks that should be playing, play. That's that. You have to carry on as you are.

"Diego Lopez deserves support and has started a competition and should finish it. I train and compete. It's good for me and the side.

"Diego Lopez is good enough for the national side: of course. Vicente has already shown he believes this. Now Vicente del Bosque must decide.

"Since Victor [Valdes] got injured he will have been closely following other keepers and will make the best decision."

Casillas also admitted that his side cannot afford to lose to Real Sociedad in San Sebastian this weekend but denied that Cristiano Ronaldo's absence means Ancelotti is prioritising other competitions.

"We cannot slip up. It is very important and we have to take the three points and then wait. Hopefully there'll be good results for us. With anything other than a win, it would make the league very difficult for us.

"I don't think the league is taking a backseat. The decision was made because [Ronaldo] can't play. Over the last five years he has been superb and always with the side. If he has to stop it's because he needs it.

"He must recover well and be there in the next games. Whoever replaces him will do their best."

Acting like a captain finally. Screw the NT Iker, protect your teammates, you're a Madridista first  :bow: 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:14 am

Real Madrid goalkeeper, Iker Casillas recently discussed how when Vicente Del Bosque left Real Madrid a piece of the club left with him and doesn’t understand why the current Spanish national team coach was forced out in the first place.

In the prologue for the new book titled, “Vicente, an authorised biography”, Casillas spoke about his feelings when Del Bosque left the club in 2003 and what he’s learned from one of the best managers in the world of football.

“[In 2003] we had a great team and everything was going well. With the group we had you could argue that anyone could have managed us, but in four years we won two Champions League titles, La Liga and one Intercontinental…One night, I was one my way to Alicante, when I learned that Del Bosque had left the club. We were aware there was something. The celebration of winning La Liga was the worst I can remember. His departure from Real Madrid hurt, it was like losing a part of the club.”

Casillas went on to add that Del Bosque taught him lessons he’ll never forget, like humility, when he dropped him as a starter in favour of Cesar.

“He helped me, but also made me see the reality of football, the sport and life. He gave me confidence and then, later, a long while on the bench. At first I was annoyed because no player understands why he’s dropped from the starting XI. After several weeks, I finally understood and when I got the opportunity I showed he could confide in me, like the final in Glasgow.”

Casillas was finally reunited with Del Bosque with the Spanish national team.

“He taught me to how live with winning and to respect your friends as much as someone wants to make your believe that they are your worst of enemies. He’s maintained the calm in the difficult moments as well moments of joy after winning the Cup. He’s helped the footballers and the fans.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next