DuringTheWar
totaalvoetbal
61 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Netherlands  - Page 3 Empty Re: The Netherlands

Post by Kick Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:49 pm

Robbery wrote:
An unnamed member of the Netherlands squad has claimed that he and his team-mates were happy when Arjen Robben missed a decisive penalty in the Champions League final.

With Bayern Munich's match with Chelsea locked at 1-1 in extra-time, the Dutchman stepped up to take a spot kick, which Petr Cech managed to save, and the Londoners went on to claim the trophy after a shoot-out.

And Bert van Marwijk's squad had hoped that Robben's miss would make him less selfish once he linked up with Oranje for their Euro 2012 preparations.
"Imagine how he would have arrived in Netherlands [if he had scored]," a player who wished to remain anonymous told De Telegraaf.

"He would have been even more arrogant and never passed the ball to other team-mates."

When Van Marwijk's side arrived at the tournement, they endured a frustrating campaign, and were ultimately eliminated after the group stage amid reports of disharmony amongst the squad.

And the source went on to claim that that atmosphere within the Dutch camp was made worse after their coach allowed his players to drink in between games.

"Van Marwijk allowed the Dutch squad to have a bottle of alcohol during a game of cards after a match. That annoyed people internally. They saw that as a lack of discipline."

da fuq

Robben missed because he still loves Chelsea, It was never going to make him less arrogant.

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:53 pm

Kick wrote:
Robbery wrote:
An unnamed member of the Netherlands squad has claimed that he and his team-mates were happy when Arjen Robben missed a decisive penalty in the Champions League final.

With Bayern Munich's match with Chelsea locked at 1-1 in extra-time, the Dutchman stepped up to take a spot kick, which Petr Cech managed to save, and the Londoners went on to claim the trophy after a shoot-out.

And Bert van Marwijk's squad had hoped that Robben's miss would make him less selfish once he linked up with Oranje for their Euro 2012 preparations.
"Imagine how he would have arrived in Netherlands [if he had scored]," a player who wished to remain anonymous told De Telegraaf.

"He would have been even more arrogant and never passed the ball to other team-mates."

When Van Marwijk's side arrived at the tournement, they endured a frustrating campaign, and were ultimately eliminated after the group stage amid reports of disharmony amongst the squad.

And the source went on to claim that that atmosphere within the Dutch camp was made worse after their coach allowed his players to drink in between games.

"Van Marwijk allowed the Dutch squad to have a bottle of alcohol during a game of cards after a match. That annoyed people internally. They saw that as a lack of discipline."

da fuq

Robben missed because he still loves Chelsea, It was never going to make him less arrogant.

but he also loves munich Sad
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:55 pm

Robbery wrote:
Kick wrote:
Robbery wrote:

da fuq

but he also loves munich Sad

I am kidding mate, I don't think him playing for us had anything to do the the miss, I think it was more about Cech putting him off.

Anyway, I can imagine the unnamed player would be someone who just made the 23 man squad and didn't feature.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:39 pm

The Dutch Football Association (KNVB) has confirmed the return of Louis van Gaal as national team coach.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:55 pm

WoooOOOOOOooooOOOooOOOOoOOOOOOO!!!

This is going to be epic. Let the depantsing begin.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:35 pm

:facepalm:

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:07 pm

Douglas finally will make his international debut. Like what I've seen of him. He's just what they need back there in defense.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:01 am

The game vs Germany was very bad and lacking in flair. These days, the Germany and Netherland matches lack the fire and passion that used to be present, maybe it is indicative of how unimportant this international frinedlies are.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:37 am

Hm. What do you expect with about 3/4 of the usual starters missing for each team?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Xifio Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:53 pm

no comments about the game, yet?

van Gaal, as he always does, has found and integrated a bunch of young prospects, giving him a lot more options than Bert had ... Lens is getting the limelight due to his sweet goal, but it's Maher who's really caught my attention -- he looks the real deal ... shame van Ginkel didn't get a run out; wanted to gauge how far he's progressed ...

lastly: seeing Kluivert again is always cool Thumbs up ...
Xifio
Xifio
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:35 am

not really a big dutch following on this forum. i can still see my facepalm from when van gaal got appointed.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:05 am

How's LVG doing at Dutch NT coach anyway? *curious*

I haven't exactly followed the developments etc - is he doing okay as NT coach or rather not?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:25 am

Im not a fan of Van Gaal, simple as that. But I am really impressed with his tactics and the inclusion of the younger players so far. Huge improvement to Bert (so far- we will see if LVG's ego can stay under the radar)

Great match against Romania and another great match for Lens. Someone has to pick him up this summer, he looks awesome at the moment.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:18 am

Well, one thing I liked about LVG at Bayern, too, was that he actually integrated youngsters there, too. Müller, Badstuber (barring his injury, that is) etc would probably be nowhere they are now if LVG wouldn't have given them the trust for the first team.

Maybe the Netherlands can profit similarly - let LVG pick the young players and give them experience and when his ego proves a problem again, find some other coach who can build on that foundation.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:23 am

I was all for the inclusion of prospects in the team. A large part of the players we were using weren't up for the task anymore as 2012 painfully pointed out. I am a fan of Van Gaal and it made sense that he would do just that what I wanted. There wasn't any glory to be achieved with those old players (although I feel he could've ditched even more of them, mainly Kuyt).

As far as the team is looking, I'm positive. I think 2014 will be coming too soon for us to really get far in the tournament so we shouldn't be too harsh on the national team's performance during that tournament. Most of the players simply lack experience and need to develop further as a player. If the youngsters live up to their potential... Well, let's just say things could turn out great for us.

The only real issue I see for us is the attack. Yes, Lens is perfoming good for the National team (and hopefully will remain to do so in the future) but without Van Persie and Huntelaar (not that they have been performing epically, but you get the point) we are going to lack the goalscoring prowess we need to get far in a tournament. Van Wolfswinkel isn't going to be our knight in shining armor in this regard, nor Siem de Jong or Dost. This time around it will not be a shaky defence but a lack of umph in attack. Hopefully someone will be able to step up.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:41 pm

i completely agree. i think the WC is too soon for these young players to really get a foot in the door as far as the national team goes but the u21 european championship will be a good trial for some of these younger players looking forward to Brazil, namely clasie, maher, van ginkel, van rhijn, and even zoet. who i hope will all get a spot and could even potentially be starting.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Netherlands  - Page 3 Empty Portugal - Netherlands

Post by AltoZ Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:15 pm

Interesting match.

Portugal are reallly Holland's bogey-team. Beat them in Euro 04 Semis, the famous WC 06' match and Euros last year.

C.R vs RVP..
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

The Netherlands  - Page 3 Empty Gift for the Dutch

Post by flameas Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:28 pm

My team (im from Estonia) lead against Holland after two great goals from Vassiljev, but a penalty was given to Holland after Van Persie fell in the box. It was a clear fighting, usual in box situation, but ref took away the victory from us. It was in added time. Sad. Hopefully the highlights will be up soon. (second estonia goal was a gem)

http://www.101greatgoals.com/goals/world-cup/estonia-v-holland-live-video-updates/

highlights here
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:22 pm

Anyone watching Japan - Holland ? 1-2 first half.

good game so far by the Dutch , with Robben having a very nice first half with one of his usual goals. It kinda feels like what the Dutch do is too obvious... but obviously they are missing some players.

Japan got one back , though i wasn't impressed , they mostly caught the Dutch defense on the sleep. But they are dangerous and very energetic. Nice game so far , with the Dutch practising tactics , mostly.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:44 pm

see the "Japan Appreciation Thread" in the gen sec
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:03 am

Apparently Hiddink will become our coach for the next two seasons and Blind will be his assistant, after which Blind will take over. :facepalm: 

Source: Telegraaf
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:27 pm

Should have really pushed for Frank de Boer, he could do really well with the younger players leading into the next EC.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:30 pm

On another note, why on earth is Zoet sticking with PSV? He needs to be playing, he is an absolute quality as a young keeper.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:13 pm

Frank probably wouldn't go for it. I personally would also prefer him to stay with Ajax a couple of years and then go for a top European side. After all of that under his belt? Hell yes.

Zoet is indeed a great prospect. Would love to see him for some midtable English side.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:54 pm

2 questions:

1 who is the 1st goalkeeper of Netherlands now ? He should be Krul..
2 what role has Sneijder in Netherlands of Van Gaal? Is he still considered?
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:08 pm

if someone is going to answer roespierre, what is the dutch starting 11?im interested because we are probably going to face each other in the first knockout stage
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next