Kiwigunner
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
Iceman
57 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Loan Watch Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Loan Watch Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:55 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Denílson sent off for a third time at São Paulo this evening. Another two yellow cards. Kudos to @BrazilGunners.

:facepalm: :brickwall: :facepalm: :brickwall: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:10 pm

RealGunner wrote:Joel campbell scores for Lorient in their french Cup match

This guy is a class act,somehow all our loaned stars seemed to be doing well except Denilson Sad
Also kick that player who took that penalty.....he even missed the rebound

BTW,Do you guys think JC will get a chance next year at Arsenal as a fringe/CC player,if he gets his work permit?
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:26 am

Bendtner – I like Sunderland, but they keep ripping my clothes up!

The Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner left the Emirates on loan this summer in search of first-team football, and now at Sunderland, he has started to put a bit of form together under Steve Bruce.

But Bendtner was in for a shock when he started turning up at the Sunderland training ground with posh shirts and smart suit jackets on every day, because the rest of the team ripped them up!

He said: “Having my clothes cut in to pieces was fine!”

“As a result, I’ve learnt to dress down now in a major way when I come in to training. The alternative is that I simply wouldn’t have any clothes left.

“I like to look smart. I’d always tend to wear a suit jacket and nice shirts, but I’ve learned that if I come in wearing them, I will not be leaving wearing them. I now have to wear more every-day clothes when I come here, then when I get home I get changed straight away. My other stuff was getting destroyed. I’m still not entirely sure who did it, but don’t worry, I’ll be getting my own back.”

But the Danish international is glad to be given the chance of regular football at the Stadium of Light, but he feels he has sacrificed his life in London to get it.

“I was 16 when I joined Arsenal. I’d been there seven years and now my son is in London so it was very difficult to leave.”

“All my friends are there, and my whole life revolved around it.

“Sometimes, though, you have to throw yourself out there to try to move on. That was the situation I’d reached.

“This feels like a great chance to play football, and I really like living here, even though it’s very different to what I’m used to.”

But you can’t have any interview with Bendtner without him showing his confident side, and he thinks that Sunderland will definitely be in the top half of the table where they belong very soon.

“Before I came here,” he continued. “I looked at Sunderland and thought that with their players, their history and what they’re trying to achieve, they should be in the top 10, top eight, every season,”

“While I know it’s a long season, I feel confident that we’ll be up there by the end with the players we’ve got.”

Sunderland may or may not be upatn the top of the table, but one thing is sure, he won’t be wearing any more posh jackets to training!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:13 am

Manuel Almunia's loan spell at West Ham United has come to an end after he returned to his parent club Arsenal reports skysports.com.

The 34-year-old Spanish stopper made four appearances during his time at Upton Park, having been drafted in on an emergency loan deal at the end of September to provide cover for the injured Robert Green.

Having fallen down the Arsenal pecking order, Gunners boss Arsene Wenger agreed to allow Almunia to leave the Emirates Stadium and join the Hammers on a temporary basis.

Green returned to the West Ham line-up for Saturday's 3-2 victory over Leicester City, a game that Almunia opted not to take part in having been offered a place on the bench by Hammers boss Sam Allardyce prior to the kick-off.

Almunia agreed to let third-choice stopper Ruud Boffin take his place, and has instead returned to Arsenal a few days early.

"Manny is an outstanding individual," said Allardyce. "I spoke to him and offered him a place on the bench for his last game but he said to give it to Ruud, because he's here at the club.

"We've enjoyed having him but he's gone back, Ruud was on the bench and Robert came back and made some important saves for us."

After returning to north London, Almunia will now set about the task of getting himself back within first-team contention as he vies with Wojciech Szczesny and Lukasz Fabianski for the No.1 spot at Arsenal.

(givemefootball)

Uh oh. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:54 pm

Nicklas Bendtner has apologised to a Danish fan after being caught up in an amazing hotel bust-up.

Sunderland’s on-loan striker Bendtner was accused of kicking a guest at the Danish team hotel last Friday night.

Jesper Jensen, 31, from Copenhagen, says they had a row in a hotel corridor in Helsingor.

Jensen told a Danish newspaper: “We were both feisty. But he kicked my shoulder and you could see a foot print on my shoulder.”

Bendtner offered to give Jensen his shirt from Tuesday night’s 2-1 win over Finland and the pair parted on good terms.

Bendtnder scored the winner after Daniel Agger had levelled Alexei Eremenko’s goal for Finland in Esbjerg.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:05 pm

REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:53 am

HERE is report on joel campbell by french football weekly

Joel Campbell on the Lorient Express to Arsenal
Loan Watch Thread - Page 6 Campbell-2

International breaks be it during the summer or in the middle of a season conjure up different emotions between all types of football fan. Club fans pray for the safe return of their precious heroes. Fans of the more unsuccessful clubs get a chance shake off their weekend disappointment and root for the favourites for a change. On the field it gives players that don’t play week from week a chance to grab the spotlight and enhance their reputation.

This summer Costa Rica’s Joel Campbell used the Copa America to his advantage, his performance against Bolivia in their second group game made a number of people sit up and take notice of this raw and very talented 19-year old. With the scores level Campbell collected the ball down the left wing, beautifully turned inside his man, played a defence splitting pass to Allen Guevara, the shot was saved but Josué Martinez followed up to take the lead.

Campbell was not finished, with 10 minutes to go he lost his man down the left, found by a superb pass, his first touch got the ball under control his second touch was a lovely instinctive finish placed low under the Bolivian goalkeeper. Everyone watching either in the stadium or on television could see there was something special here. Almost instantly there was a new darling of the gossip columns.

Not to miss out on a very talented player Arsenal quickly stepped in and secured Campbell’s signature. Uncharacteristic of Arsene Wenger he mentioned Campbell’s move before pen was put to paper. The excitement of bringing Campbell on board was evident in Wenger’s speech as he spoke to their official website:

“Joel Campbell has already shown that he is a player with great ability, and has also performed well on the international stage at a young age. We look forward to the formalities of the transfer being completed and working with Joel when he joins us at Arsenal.”

Wenger’s plans were thrown a spanner when Campbell failed to obtain a work permit. As was with Carlos Vela the club would need to send Campbell out on loan to not only gain experience but to hopefully continue his progress with the national team and gain a work permit in 12 months time.

Deciding on what club would be best for his development, the London club had the pick of some of Europe’s best. As we know now it would be Ligue 1 side FC Lorient, the move surprised a few however since the signing of Laurent Koscielny there has been an unofficial link between these two clubs. Lorient President Loic Fery explained more to French Football Weekly:

“There is actually no formal link in place between the clubs, but there is an actual relationship, that works and which I guess has so far been a “win-win” interaction for the two clubs.

“As I live and work in London, Arsene Wenger offered to meet in person. During this meeting, I told him we were interested to take Francis Coquelin on loan. Before being certain that we would accept to transfer Koscielny, Wenger agreed to the loan of Coquelin, who become the first of several Arsenal players who have joined Lorient in the past two seasons.”

With a partnership growing between the two clubs President Fery was obviously delighted to secure Campbell’s loan deal:

“Despite loan requests from other more established European clubs, Arsenal kindly decided to loan Campbell to Lorient. Campbell is a very talented player and I believe he will strongly sharpen his game while at Lorient.”

The transfer window had barely shut and Campbell was already making an instant impact on his new team-mates. Down by a goal Christian Gourcuff brought the forward off the bench with ten minutes to go. Charging through the centre his lovely first touch pass found fellow new boy Innocent Emaghara and the Swiss forward scored, winning Lorient a great away point. An instant impact from Lorient’s new boys.

Gourcuff continued to use Campbell as an impact sub. Usually making an appearance for the last half an hour the 19-year old continued to impress. Showing great pace and an excellent touch the forward still looks very raw but all the potential is there to see. Happy to drift left or through the centre, he has played as both a lone forward or as part of a duo. Under the guidance of mercurial coach Gourcuff, the sky is the limit for the youngster.
Loan Watch Thread - Page 6 Campbell-3
It didn’t take the Costa Rican long to open his Ligue 1 account. Playing at home agaisnt Valenciennes the scores were level when Campbell powered into the box and used his strength to hold off Valenciennes defender Benjamin Angoua, confidently converting Kevin Monnet-Paquet’s near post cross.

October ended on a high for the striker scoring the winner against Montpellier in the Coupe de la Ligue. Mathieu Coutadeur’s sublime pass inside the right full back put Campbell through on goal, confident of his abilitis he didn’t take a touch before placing the ball under Laurent Pionnier and subsequently fired Lorient into the cup quarter-finals.

After that early success Campbell has found himself back on the bench, in-fact he hasn’t featured since the 3-1 defeat away at Brest. Not his best game but the youngster looked isolated upfront on his own in what was a poor Lorient performance. The team have since recovered from that defeat and continue to play Gourcuff’s excellent brand of passing football. For Campbell it is all part of a steep learning curve.

Luckily it seems like Arsenal and Lorient have a young mature player on their hands. Speaking to French Football Weekly the forward told of his desire to learn and improve:

“Every game is very hard, both home and away, it’s always hard. It is a good league. Defenders both from Africa and European are very tough. I want to play every game this season, but I know I have to practice very hard to play.”

When asked what he thought of his new team and the style of play under Christian Gourcuff, Campbell was very complimentary:

“They are a very good team, they like to play good football, similar to Arsenal and Barcelona. It is a lot fun to play here.”

Moving from Costa Rica to France was a huge step for Campbell. His English is not perfect but like his talent on the pitch it is a workin progress. Lorient fans will enjoy what the forward has to show in the next few months and after his stunning goal this week against Spain it is very clear that Arsenal fans have great player to enjoy for years to come
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:59 am

Great find Sina. Good read. :coffee:
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:27 pm

Luke Freeman first of many Reserves set to head on loan. He's joined League One Stevenage FC until January.

youngunsblog
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:28 am

RealGunner wrote:Luke Freeman first of many Reserves set to head on loan. He's joined League One Stevenage FC until January.

youngunsblog

How much good do you think this is going to do for him?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:33 am

The last time Freeman went out on loan, he managed to injure himself and didn't play. Stevenage are a decent side in League 1 so it'll definitely do him some good to play for them.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:54 pm

WELLINGTON ON TWITTER:
Concentrado, mas tarde tem A. Madrid x Levante, ótimo dia para todos, deus abençoe !
Concentrate, but later is A. Madrid vs Levante, great day for everyone, God bless!
but he wont be involved right? Loan Watch Thread - Page 6 2276801876
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:45 am

Wellington didn't come on as Levante lost 3-2 at Atletico Madrid on Saturday.

http://www.goal.com/en/match/63023/atletico-madrid-vs-levante/report
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:18 am

Was on the bench... Progression Very Happy
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:34 pm

RealGunner wrote:Was on the bench... Progression Very Happy

Really RG? Progression? Razz

I feel pathetic for that kid! Such good talent getting shafted week in and week out! Sad

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:54 pm

Aneke completes loan move to Stevenage

Chuks Aneke has joined League One side Stevenage FC on loan until January 22, 2012.

The 18-year-old England youth international will team up with fellow young Gunner Luke Freeman, who joined the ‘Boro last week and made his debut for the side on Saturday, playing 85 minutes of their 0-0 draw at Leyton Orient.

A powerful but technically-astute midfielder, Chuks has established himself as a key member in Neil Banfield’s Reserves set-up and made his first-team debut in the 3-1 Carling Cup victory over Shrewsbury Town earlier this season, when he appeared as a last-minute substitute.

Chuks has excelled for the second string this term, producing a string of exciting performances in the middle of the park that have seen him score four times in seven appearances.

The midfielder signed a new contract with the Gunners in June 2011.

Everyone at Arsenal wishes Chuks the best of luck during his time at Broadhall Way.
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:52 pm

Interesting to see how he does....lots of hype around the guy
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:47 pm

Watt joins Sheffield Wednesday on loan

Young forward Sanchez Watt has today joined Sheffield Wednesday on loan until January 16, 2012.

London-born Sanchez will team up with the Owls, who currently sit third in League One, as he looks to gain further valuable first-team experience following a successful spell on loan at Leeds United last season.

The forward, who signed professional forms with the Gunners in July 2008, made 25 appearances during his time in Yorkshire, following an initial spell with the side in 2009/10. Earlier that season, the 20-year-old enjoyed further first team action on loan at Southend United, which followed a goal-scoring debut for the Gunners in a 2-0 Carling Cup Third Round victory against West Bromwich in September 2009.

This season, the former FA Youth Cup winner has been in scintillating form for Neil Banfield’s Reserves, scoring seven goals in just nine appearances. He was also an unused substitute in the 2-1 Carling Cup Fourth Round victory against Bolton Wanderers.

Everyone at Arsenal Football Club wishes Sanchez the best of luck during his time at Hillsborough.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:09 pm

Vela scored + assisted Against Betis as they won 3-2
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:02 pm

RealGunner wrote:Vela scored + assisted Against Betis as they won 3-2

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/carlos-vela-betis-15745837/

Good corner assist, and fine finish. Good to see. Smile
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:25 pm

vela needs to come back ffs, i miss him, give him a fcking chance
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:06 am

Just watching hightlights of Kilmanock/Rangers earlier today, and Kyle Bartley was on the bench for Rangers.

He's back from injury. Very Happy

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:40 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Just watching hightlights of Kilmanock/Rangers earlier today, and Kyle Bartley was on the bench for Rangers.

He's back from injury. Very Happy

Great news.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:18 pm

Started off a bit rusty, but he grew into the game. Made around three chances other than the goal he scored as well as goal he assisted via a set-piece (Corner kick)

Really impressed with his performance, actually. This loan move is doing him some real good. He should stay there for a while and prove himself further.

Last edited by Iceman on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:21 pm

That's a few more quid added to the asking price. :coffee:

I understand that Sociedad are going through a difficult period, but Vela isn't really doing that well there. Or rather, I've yet to see any definite improvement from him during this loan.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:37 pm

Can't help but say that I disagree jay. Firstly, his vision improved. His execution could be better, sure, but he sees passes and tries to play them that he wouldn't have seen before. His hold-up play seems to have improved, but that may well be just the difference between La Liga and England. He defends more now as well.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next