Until 2016.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Robocop - Alvaro Arbeloa - Page 3 Empty Re: Robocop - Alvaro Arbeloa

Post by Onyx Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:11 pm

Raul Albiol and Alvaro Arbeloa are set to sign new contracts with Real Madrid that will keep them at the Santiago Bernabeu until the summer of 2016 after their agent Manuel Garcia Quilon held successful talks with the club, AS reports.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:33 pm

Álvaro Arbeloa will continue at Real Madrid until at least 2016. The wing back has played a key role during the last three seasons, having played more than thirty matches in each. As Real Madrid player he has won a Copa del Rey and a League title. In fact, in last season’s championship the team were undefeated in the 26 games that he took part in.

Álvaro Arbeloa learned his craft in the junior ranks of Real Madrid and after leaving the club for Deportivo La Coruña and then Liverpool, he came back through the club’s front door for the 2009/10 season. With the Whites he has added a Copa del Rey and a League title to his list of accomplishments.

His value to the club during this spell has seen him make 100 appearances as a Real Madrid player meaning that he has played a total of 123 games for the club, in which he has scored three goals. Arbeloa has also had a prominent role for Spain and he has won the European Championship and the World Cup with the national team in the past three tournaments whilst a Real Madrid player.

ARBELOA NUMBERS WITH REAL MADRID
SESSION LEAGUE COPA Y SUPERCOPA CHAMPIONS
Partidos Goles Partidos Goles Partidos Goles
2004/ 2005 2 0 2 0 0 0
2009/ 2010 30 2 2 0 6 0
2010/ 2011 26 0 8 0 9 1
2011/ 2012 26 0 3 0 9 0
TOTAL 84 2 15 0 24 1

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/Actualidad_Primer_Equipo_en/1330112140466/noticia/Noticia/Arbeloa_at_Real_Madrid_until_2016.htm?

-----------

Álvaro Arbeloa is a happy man. Added to the joy of winning their second European Cup is perhaps the most awaited news for the Whites academy player: his contract extension of two years until 2016. The Whites’ defender does not hide his pleasure and gratefulness for the faith that the club has shown in him by extending his contract at the club where he played during his formative years: "I am more than happy. It is a pride and an honour for me to be a part of this club. To be able to extend my contract by two years, until 2016, is a source of absolute joy. I am delighted that the club has faith in me and l hope it continues".

Congratulations on the contract extension until 2016. I imagine you'll be happy ...
I am more than happy. It is a pride and an honour for me to be a part of this club. To be able to extend my contract by two years, until 2016, is a source of absolute joy. I am delighted that the club has faith in me and l hope it continues.

This confidence also comes at one of your best moments as a footballer ...
It comes at a good time. Things are going well for me and I am proud to be here. I am very happy that the club trust in me.

Your aim of retiring at Real Madrid is closer now...
It is difficult to retire at this club because of the obligations and requirements that come with it. There are always the best players in the world here and when you get older it is difficult to maintain the level. Nowadays, players are extending their careers more than before and hopefully this will not be my last contract extension with Real Madrid.

Have we seen the best of Arbeloa with José Mourinho as coach?
I have a very good feeling with the boss in charge. He has always shown a lot of faith in me. There have been times when I've played more and others that I’ve played less, but I’ve always felt the coach's confidence in me. Mourinho has managed to get the best out of me.

What has been the key to Arbeloa’s success in holding down the right back spot for Real Madrid and for Spain?
You would have to ask the boss, but I always try to give my all. We have a coach that always demands 100% in both matches and in training. He has a winning mentality and that message always comes across loud and clear. Mourinho has made me a better player and has helped me make huge improvements. I am, of course, very grateful.

As a team, what is the aim for this season?
The same as every year. At Real Madrid and we have to fight for all the titles possible. We know the difficulties involved, but last year we were really close in all competitions this season we should do the same. Clearly, the Champions League is special for the fans, but we also want to regain the league, which is the most difficult because of the consistency involved, and the Copa del Rey. Hopefully we can win those three titles plus the Spanish Super cup. We will try our best.

Titles are a requirement at this club. Do you feel the pressure of playing at Real Madrid?
There has always been a lot of pressure on this team and there always will be. Every year we will continue aiming to win titles, the more the merrier, and this campaign will be the same. Last year we were one step away from the final and this season can we can win it. I do not think there is more pressure than other years.

And the first title up for grabs is the Spanish Super cup against Barcelona...
It is a tournament that comes really early on, practically when you start the season and when the fitness of the two teams is certainly not the best. But it's always nice to fight for a title against a team like Barcelona, who are a great opponent. We hope to enjoy the match and lift the trophy this.

Finally, what messages do you have for the Real Madrid fans?
I am delighted to be in this club and I am very grateful for the affection that I get from the fans. I hope repay that appreciation on the field.

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/Actualidad_Primer_Equipo_en/1330112138366/noticia/Entrevista/Arbeloa:__I_am_happy_about_the_extension_of_my_contract_with_Real_Madrid,_hopefully_it_won%E2%80%99t_be_.htm?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:27 pm

Arbeloa turns 31 today. He has played 184 matches for the club.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:17 pm

Real Madrid defender Alvaro Arbeloa will be out for three weeks, after suffering a tear in his patella.

AS confirmed this morning that the Blancos ful-back will be sidelined until the end of the month, after going down with the knee injury.

It means the Spain international will sit out crucial clashes against Schalke in the Champions League, and domestic matches with Levante, Malaga, Barcelona, Sevilla and Rayo Vallecano.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:03 am

Has anybody been impressed by Arbeloa this season? I feel like he's evolved into a far better player than ever this season...?
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:06 am

his best season was 2011-12 followed by 2009-10.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:39 pm

Yeh Arbeloa's done ok this season. He's usually reliable, experienced and I can maybe see him starting in the big games. Only thing is Marcelo should play if that happens, not 2 defensive fullbacks. Long term though Carvajal/Marcelo are clearly the 2 who should play.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:07 am

@ valkyra, i felt 09/10 was his best season, he was amazing that year under pellegrini and had some magical assists, it was also the year he played a host of games at left back, with marcelo moving up to play as a left sided midfielder...2011/12, whilst he was good, that was the year fans started questioning how good he was on both his country and club teams and it may have had an effect on his performance
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:50 am

He has always been reliable. Good squad player, capable of playing multiple positions and is a canteran.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:01 pm

I mean, he's always been a great utility and squad player. Solid and consistent... but always lacking something special... to be considered amongst the best... Something that I think Dani Carvajal has...
BUT, this season (perhhaps it's just about the general improvement in the performance of our back 4) he seems to be really growing into his own and, for me, has been right up there with some of the best RBs in Europe.

But, I'm scared to say that out loud... maybe I'm imagining it... Am I?
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:36 pm

Arbeloa will likely be out for 6-8 weeks which would be the remainder of the season. Wish him a speedy recovery
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 01, 2014 6:25 pm

Good news for Real Madrid, who were joined by Álvaro Arbeloa in Thursday’s training session – the first time the defender has been able to train with the group since suffering an “avulsion to his right kneecap” at the beginning of March.

Arbeloa was welcomed back by his team mates, who gave him a round of applause as he entered the field for today’s session. He took part in the initial warm-up exercises and later, ball work and a few games of foot-volleyball.

The first team squad put in their first session following this week’s Champions League commitments in Munich, the focus on Sunday’s league visit from Valencia.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat May 10, 2014 4:40 pm

Real Madrid defender Alvaro Arbeloa has revealed how the club’s training ground was plastered with pictures of Barcelona defender Gerrard Pique as a way of motivation during the days of the intense rivalry when Jose Mourinho was boss.

Los Blancos and El Azulgrana had some tempestuous matches in the period when Mourinho was in charge at the Santiago Bernabeu, with accusations of cheating, unfair officials and play acting commonplace.

In his first Clasico match as manager of Real in 2010, Mourinho’s side were humiliated 5-0 at the Nou Camp. At the end of the game, Pique celebrated by waving five fingers to the crowd.

Los Blancos would get their revenge later in the 2010/11 campaign though, and secured the Copa de Rey through a Cristiano Ronaldo header. In the build up to that match, Valdebebas was plastered with images of Pique – something that motivated the players to get their revenge.

Speaking to Jot Down, Arbeloa said: “Someone plastered their comments about how much better they were and their style and photos of Piqué’s hand gesture all over Valdebebas. Don’t ask me who it was because I have no idea.”

The defender also went into detail about what it was like working with Mourinho, and revealed the now Chelsea boss doesn’t care for anyone’s reputation in the dressing room.

“We found out all about Mou one day in pre-season. I was among the Spanish players who had just won the World Cup and joined up with the squad in Los Angeles. We were 2-0 down at the break against LA Galaxy and he just let rip! We quickly found out what he was made of,” he stated.

And he continued: “You couldn’t imagine [former boss Manuel] Pellegrini shouting at Cristiano like that. ‘You don’t want to run? No problem: I’ll put you on the bench. You neither? No problem: you’re out’, he said, sparing no one.”

http://www.realmadridnews.com/alvaro-arbeloa-relives-barcelona-rivalry-mourinho-era-8639

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat May 10, 2014 10:20 pm

i wonder who plastered those pictures on the training walls, he confirmed in that interview that it wasn't mourinho...anyways i'm a bit tired with regards to interviews always asking arbeloa about mourinho or casillas. we have a new coach now; move on.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Sun May 11, 2014 7:07 am

True. we should move on. Although Mou is hated and rightly so for some of his behavior  one can't take away the credit of instilling confidence in RM to beat and match Barcelona from him. Th flip side - we couldn't beat any one else except them Smile
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun May 11, 2014 12:19 pm

I agree with you nedved, I never had a problem with any of mourinho's antics, in fact, I welcomed them, because i felt clasico's were getting too friendly (between 04- 2010) and it was like we were almost not ashamed of losing to barcelona...the only issue i had with mou was him losing his squad, and how he handled that situation putting adan for iker was too hard to stomach (granted iker too was playing stupid, but a coach must know how to motivate).....the main point i was making was, i'm tired of how the media uses arbeloa as bait to get soundbites, no one has been as vocal as him with regards that situation, so every time he goes for a press conference they bring up mou, simply cos they know arbeloa will fall for the bait and start giving a speech.....by now arbeloa should realize this and just say "that's in the past" and move on.....questions on his fitness, the team's goals, are more important than what happened last year.....besides, earlier on during the pre-season arbeloa already gave long ass lectures on how he felt about that whole mou situation, and imo his lectures and rants about mou's exit did little to help team unity.
he is a good teammate though, i liked his gesture during the copa del rey celebration where he had jese's jersey in front of the cup. he just needs to learn how to brush aside the media's quest for soundbites
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:55 pm

Robocop - Alvaro Arbeloa - Page 3 BuWs5_YIcAAKSLB

Godbeloa
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor