Analysis of the first leg ;)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Analysis of the first leg ;) Empty Analysis of the first leg ;)

Post by Babun on Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:22 am

Iker- I'm with huntsman on him but not to that extreme ( second goal) Very Happy

Marcelo- He forced Sanchez to cut in most of the time and helped out in attack, I'm very content with his development Very Happy

Ramos- He played well, very well but still I'd rather have him as CB. You may say that Villa's shot was out of this world but prior to that he had tons of space and time to adjust the ball to his favourite position. Ramos was too central, for defenders, no matter how well they play they need to be concentrated for 90 minutes Very Happy Arbeloa please...

Calvalho- He played well yesterday but I think Ramos would a better job in his stead, he is more commanding and doesn't make a lot of whiffed tackles as Cb Very Happy

Pepe- He played well as CB but I'm honestly scared that he'd get 1-2 more red cards in next clasicos, sometimes he's just too reckless Very Happy

Khedira- He was meh for his standards but still connected defense->offense, seems like he picked up some bad habbit by Pepe...

Xabi Alonso- For the first time in 2 years, he bossed Farca like he should, a collective effort nontheless but he was the core of it Very Happy

Di Maria- Largely anonymous, struggled to pass when surrounded by 3 people ( the Farca way, oh, they didn't park the bus Very Happy), still, he made that sublime pass for Benz to Ozil goal. Villa and Messi were very anonymous as well until they scored... Very Happy

Coentrao- He looked very good out there and many may argue to start him over Di Maria but I dare to say that he came fresh off the bench against a run down Farca defense. In my ideal world, I'd start him next game to run their people down and then sub in Di Maria in 60th minute Very Happy

Higuain- He was a filler for the CF in the last minute, couldn't keep the ball under pressure, Benz is ahead of him in that point already Very Happy

CR7- I may sound controversial but he's got some kind of mental block against Farca. he needs to tend to a psychologist. He could do MUCH better against them but it seems like nothing he could usually do works on Farca. I'm sure it's not Farca's skill, it's CR7 who chokes against them in his head...

Callejon- A very smart chap who ran into channels passed the ball rather well and look composed. He is like an apachi warrior Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
He may not be as skilled as Benz or CR7 but he's got the eyes and the spirit of a killer, he wouldn't squander chances, I'm very sure of it Very Happy

Ozil- Alonso and him made the difference in midfield yesterday, Coentrao later. I don't want to talk much about him like a fanboy but when you give him the ball, you don't need to worry much with what he'll do with it. He scored his only chances and created a lot of them for the other two Very Happy

Benz- He finally showed up against Farca big time. I really liked how he played them in the first 60 minutes. He schooled Masch and Abidal for the first goal, not an easy job at all, better than anything CR7 managed against Farca so far. The two missed headers make me really mad though, we have a world class striker in our ranks who dribbles the s*** out of the likes of Abidal and co. but can't head the ball served for him on the plate Very Happy
Overall, his positive contribution overweighs his negative by a HUGE margin but as a Real Madrid fan I still have a bitter aftertaste because of those missed chances.
A notice, he should never be played without Ozil on the field, it makes no sense Very Happy

Mou- I liked his attacking approach, he is making a progressive work.The results weren't impressing at first, club legends, the media, Madrid fans etc. critisized him like no tomorrow but I see a lot of progress made from last year. The current team has got guts, backbone and chemistry compared to the one two years ago when the project started.
Some may critisize his lack of system in offense but personally, I like it Very Happy We play freestyle in attack with the only difference that people know now when to make runs or defend unlike Brazil. I'm sick and bored of Farca or Bayern's passing around, our way is unpredictable, flashy, enjoyable and with more time/chemistry=consistent. We were creating one chance after another,yesterday. It works, apparently Very Happy
The CR7+Benz+Ozil axis may be one of the best attacking trio in Real Madrid history with gelling time Very Happy We just need Benz to learn headers and CR7 to have more composure against Farca ( shooting practice sessions anyone?) Very Happy
For now, I identified Higuain, Callejon, Ozil, Di Maria and Alonso as the people who are always composed no matter who is the opponent Very Happy

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Analysis of the first leg ;) Empty Re: Analysis of the first leg ;)

Post by skali on Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:48 am

I don't mean to belittle the overall quality of your post, which I'm sure is very good, but can I just say SMILEY OVERLOAD. Very Happy
skali
skali
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by ÖMARz on Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:49 am

Im digging your analysis babun. ( mainly because of the Very Happy)

Anyhow i do think that iker and ramos were partly to blame for the villa goal. iker seemed out of position and ramos gave him space and didnt manage to read the game to well( seemed like he was nervous about someone making a run down the middle rather than predicting villa to shoot) which seemed to catch them both offguard.

As for Benz i think that he had a solid performance. Apart from those 2 headers that many others may have pocketed he contributed ALOT to the team overall. he was actually working his ass off and was keen not to slack. It looked like he was enjoying himself out there. But as they do say, practise makes perfect, so unless he gets around to practising some headers then dont expect anything different from future games.

And finally as for mourinhos tactical approach for this game i applaud him. however i dont see him doing something similar in the next leg to be honest. he wouldnt want to come out too complacent. we've all seen how barca react to games at camp nou. expect to be suprised i say.

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun on Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:58 am

@ÖMARz wrote:Im digging your analysis babun. ( mainly because of the Very Happy)

Anyhow i do think that iker and ramos were partly to blame for the villa goal. iker seemed out of position and ramos gave him space and didnt manage to read the game to well( seemed like he was nervous about someone making a run down the middle rather than predicting villa to shoot) which seemed to catch them both offguard.

As for Benz i think that he had a solid performance. Apart from those 2 headers that many others may have pocketed he contributed ALOT to the team overall. he was actually working his ass off and was keen not to slack. It looked like he was enjoying himself out there. But as they do say, practise makes perfect, so unless he gets around to practising some headers then dont expect anything different from future games.

And finally as for mourinhos tactical approach for this game i applaud him. however i dont see him doing something similar in the next leg to be honest. he wouldnt want to come out too complacent. we've all seen how barca react to games at camp nou. expect to be suprised i say.
I wrote already that the positives outweigh the negatives by a large margin... Very Happy
Mou will attack at Camp Nou Very Happy He changed his philosophy already. Earlier, it was sit back and counter now, get the lead then counter.Until we won't be ahead in Camp Nou, don't expect us to park the bus Very Happy

One more point, what's up with the all missed set pieces? We should be doing MUCH better with corners and freekicks...
@skali wrote:I don't mean to belittle the overall quality of your post, which I'm sure is very good, but can I just say SMILEY OVERLOAD. Very Happy
Does it disturb you? Very Happy

Last edited by babun1024 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:00 pm

I don't think Mou will PTB in Nou either, it's them who are having the advantage, not us.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:02 pm

omarish wrote:I don't think Mou will PTB in Nou either, it's them who are having the advantage, not us.
Tell a Farca fan that they parked their bus yesterday Very Happy At some point I saw all of them in their half Very Happy

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:10 pm

Haha me too. Brung a smile on my face, next time they complain about Mou being defensive I'm gonna bring footage in my cellphone lmao
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:17 pm

nice player review babun, this is what i thought of our players:

iker: i was a little dissapointed with casillas performance tbh, ok that shot came out of the blue sky, but the guy gotta know that villa usually does that as he has done it before against us not to mention he scored a similas goal vs man u, unless casillas doesnt rewatch those he somehow should have expected that kind of thing frm villa. even messis shot where he should have tried to snatch the ball of messis feets, even in CL he did the same mistake of trying to stay and he was beaten on both occasions. he was only asked to save merely 4 shots and he let 2 of them in.....very poor from him by his STANDARDS...anyways enough if him.

sergio ramos: i thought looked as rusty as he was, despite stopping both villa and pedro on many occasions did let the slip through him a couple of times near the line exactly where alves used to stop ronaldo, but at he has a couple of good crosses to show for him unilike some others.

to be contnd on ma phne

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ÖMARz on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:25 pm

For some reason, whenever we are up against barcelona(bar CDR) it just doesnt seem like its the real iker whos safe guarding the net. He too seems like hes suffering from some sort of mental block along with ronaldo.

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:35 pm

pepe: oh boy probably a game to forget for him, continuely lunged into players, his usual spasm attack, good thing the reff thought alves was faking it lol, and why does he always slip? its not the first time ffs.

carvalho: a fairly good game from this guy, but i still prefer a faster varane than this turtule, where was he when messi scored?

marcelo: did well for the first 60 min of the game, after that he reverted back to his old days where he would get beaten and he wouldnt run back to try and get the ball back, and i didnt like how he and pepe constantly fought with barca players off camera, very uncalled for and unnecesarry.

khedira: poor display from this guy, always on the back foot against iniesta and then deservedly got booked late on in the first half.

alonso: finally a good performance by this guy, but i didnt like how he waited till the last second before sending up the ball when barca players where presuring him.

oh damn phone

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:45 pm

dimaria: largly anonymous during his stay, but i kinda understand that as he hasnt played a whole game with the A team yet, but what i did like was how he pressured barcas backline and goalie to force thm to make unneded mistakes etc

ozil: great game from him to shut all the critics, but i think he shouldve been subbed off as he was finished by the 80th min, to even make one good throughball.

ronaldo: i didnt like the offensive performance from him today, was beaten everytime he tried to run into the box, his shots where below par as well, there is no point scoring beautiful goals against chinese team when your shots are either tame or just plain shit when it matters, but boy has he improved his defensive work, i give mou credit for that ransformation, well done.

benz: he was astonishing in the first 30 min of the game, always a constant threat for their team, i think his mind just works in slow motion sometimes, it takes him ages to make a desicion, anyways i liked his performance, excellent game

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:54 pm

subs:

coentrao: did better than khedira did in the little time he got, won us a dangerous freekick, i like this player hope he starts in the return leg instead of khedira.

higgy: this guy has gotten so so fat its not even possible to describe his weight anylonger, feel sorry for him hope he return to his best form but it will take time as it looks now.

callejon: what a madridista this guy is, ive criticized him for always making backpasses before but in this game he didint fear noone it looed like he had played in mou since the porto days lol, made iniesta his own personal bitch and didnt back down from any 50/50 challenges he even was brave enough to attempt a shot from a very acute angle lol, more of these and less of the kakas thank you

overall performance: id give it 8/10, we outplayed them but goal are needed to show for it and we lacked that yesterday, i mean barca had 4 shots in total and 2 resulted in goals, while we had 17 and only 2 went into the net, pathetic in that sense oh well

thats that

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:54 pm

Funny story... a friend of mine who's in the FFF emailed me today that Benz called Blanc this morning fuming over his misses in the air. Apparently Blanc had called him out on it after the Brazil game in February on his air game retardedness. You see that Benz is working on it though as he's now making runs to make himself available for headers (he'd never do it before as he was afraid of headers). Benz to Blanc: Now you see why i hate getting myself open for headers!!!. Blanc to Benz: My grandmother would have scored the first one. I'd have her show you how she does it except that she's dead. Lol! He knows this because he works with Blanc on tracking french player progress and scouting. They talk daily.

Blanc has been and continues to push him hard. Told him to keep working on it and to never to sell himself short. He's improved his air game placement tremendously. Now he needs to work on technique. That's going to take strengthening the neck + adding neck flexibility + practice + confidence + learning the tricks (like on the first one; using one hand low to keep adriano off balance with a slight push right before the header; adriano gave him a quick shove just when Benz was starting his motion and threw his timing off just enough... need to learn how to control the defender to be good in the air).

He'll get there methinks.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:05 pm

I was very happy with yesterday's game.I looked at it in comparison to last year's games. We were able to play them straight up and had the majority of play. We didn't have to play that defensive style with an altered line-up yet we still managed to take them off their game. Their two goals came from 2 great individual efforts. I would have preferred a win, but this tie is very encouraging especially when you compare it to last year. It means we can compete with them.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:07 pm

Yeah Bill.. everyone needs to understand this was our first game against top shelf competition this year in a competitive setting. Game speed, tackling and intensity is drastically different from any of our preseason games. The forwards, who have to work and react in the tightest spaces, are the ones that need to adapt the most to this.

We should be much more efficient in the second game.

Very encouraging.

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:19 pm

I don't think Ronaldo was bad, he could've done better but was quite impressive. He was always double marked by Alves and Sanchez, I've a feeling he would have done better on the opposite wings, where Villa rarely tracked back.

Overall it was a great game, both our full backs attacked more than the opposition and we created a lot of chances and got into good positions to score goals. Ozil was my man of the match, but even he could have done better, I remember one play, where he was put through by a surging Carvalho, he had a lot of space but he put through a tame shot which was comfortably stopped by Valdes.

I'd also congratulate Barcelona for comporting themselves and avoiding the unnecessary play acting and diving. With the exception of Messi, who tried to get Marcelo off by simulating injury, the rest put up their best behaviour. I've a sad feeling that will not be the case at the Camp Nou, where BusKKKet might play, but lets hope for the best.

First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Internacional

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:44 pm

I personally feel Iker shouldnt be at fault for the second goal.
The replay seems like messi got by to easily and pepe slipped, amd khiedra had that slide tackle that barely missed.

So what could he do?
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by ÖMARz on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm

@sportsczy wrote:Funny story... a friend of mine who's in the FFF emailed me today that Benz called Blanc this morning fuming over his misses in the air. Apparently Blanc had called him out on it after the Brazil game in February on his air game retardedness. You see that Benz is working on it though as he's now making runs to make himself available for headers (he'd never do it before as he was afraid of headers). Benz to Blanc: Now you see why i hate getting myself open for headers!!!. Blanc to Benz: My grandmother would have scored the first one. I'd have her show you how she does it except that she's dead. Lol! He knows this because he works with Blanc on tracking french player progress and scouting. They talk daily.

Blanc has been and continues to push him hard. Told him to keep working on it and to never to sell himself short. He's improved his air game placement tremendously. Now he needs to work on technique. That's going to take strengthening the neck + adding neck flexibility + practice + confidence + learning the tricks (like on the first one; using one hand low to keep adriano off balance with a slight push right before the header; adriano gave him a quick shove just when Benz was starting his motion and threw his timing off just enough... need to learn how to control the defender to be good in the air).

He'll get there methinks.

Honestly love how u manage to get inside info. care to share more? lmao

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:12 pm

Iker : 6
Marcelo: 7.5
Ramos : 6.5
Carvalho :6.5
Pepe :6.5
Alonso: 8
Khedira:6
Özil :8
Cr7: 7.5
Benzema:7.5
Di Maria:5.5
Coentrao:7.5
higgy: 7.0
Callejon : 7

Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:01 pm

As I said it earlier post, I'm very pleased with overall effort in this game and I find the criticism in this thread unnecessay. It's a big improvement from last year and now we (and they) know we can compete head on. It makes for an exciting and interesting season. Please don't loose sight that this is really a pre season game.

As for criticism of Ramos, he was solid and you should complement Villa for an excellent fake and shot, not fault neither Ramos nor Casillas. That move and shot would have beat anyone.

As for criticism of Pepe, his fall against Messi was unfortunate and again give Messi credit for his play. I do think Pepe was a little over the edge towards end of game, but that's what Mou wants him to do. I actually enjoyed the takeout of Alves and laugh when I hear his (Alves) comments today. The one question I have re Messi's goal is, where was Carvalho? It should have been his man, not Pepe. I think I would have preferred to see Varane start instead of Carvalho.

Only other negative comment I have is the play of Di Maria. He was not at his best. Both Callejon and Coentrao had better games than him.

Also read Ramos' comments about game. He says Real Madrid were the better team and they missed the luck they had in previous encounters with not scoring more. They certainly had their chances.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pepe_el loco on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:11 pm

lol i laughed my ass off at dani alves actually lying down from a real tackle, and laughed even more at his comments. the game showed positive signs and im excited to see more. besides the missed headers from benzie good game, cr7 played a lot better this game than his usual fails, jus...need to score lol. a barca fan told me he gets scared when he sees cr7 running in open space lol. pepe's fall was unfortunate but not the first time that has happened...hope itss the last though. would like to see varane in the mix though (jus fanboy wishful thinkin lol). but overall very positive showing and i loved it
pepe_el loco
pepe_el loco
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:38 pm

i lol at barca fans when they come up with all kinds of colorful excuses, its getting beyond disturbing, they just cant admit being inferior than us in the last couple of clasicos, guys their tide is gone its now our turn, expect to see similar game in the league clasico

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. on Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:24 pm

Xabi Alonso, when he plays great the whole team plays great. He was the last person on my mind to get a goal since he always lurks away from it [It should be casillas but you know Razz]

If he can have the same freedom, even a minimal version of it we can cause an upset at the nou.

With the way we play we really need Sahin badly imo, hope to see him against Galatasaray in 9 days if its possible :/
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso on Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:51 pm

as i said before,ramos getting owned by barca is something that happens often.And when something happens too often it becomes routine.Arbeloa should start over him in the next game.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous on Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:57 pm

The only thing I didn't like about the game was the result.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum