Post by Busby Babe Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:21 pm

Fraizer Campbell, Man Utd youth product, coming to haunt City Proud

Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Our Rivals - Page 4 Empty Re: Our Rivals

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:30 am

People were asking why we let this kind of players to leave the club so soon? They got the answer Laughing .
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:07 pm

Both Chelsea and Man City losing points today.

Our next few games after Man City are: Sunderland, Southampton, Stoke, Fulham and Arsenal. All games we should/can win. While both Man City and Chelsea play Tottenham and each other in that period. Man City play Everton also.

How Moyes deals with squad rotation in the coming weeks will be quite important.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:28 am

everton looked like a different team altogether yesterday. exhibited some quality and also had luck running for them and chelshee hehe.. was left stunned
where as cisty... Very Happy were so lucky to get a point. if stoke had better finishers, they could have won it by 3-4 goals.. blue half of manchester is looking so incoherent and messy as for the time being. hope it will be like this next week Smile

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:57 pm

We will walk the league brahs.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:06 pm

jibers wrote:We will walk the league brahs.
Honestly, I think it will be hard for Moyes to win the league, therefore I would be pleased if we finish 2nd or 3rd.

By the way, I was a Mourinho fan in the past, but now...something is wrong with him. I watched Chelsea's game at Goodison Park and Chelsea had a lot of opportunities to score but their finishing was poor. Eto'o's attacking positioning is amazing but his finishing is suffering.

Anyway, the point is that Mourinho said after the match that they deserved to win, he said that the game was easy to win and also he mentioned that Everton didn't create. He told the reporter that Everton's goal was a mistake...then, he accused Martinez that he played a defensive football. Laughing

To be honest, Everton played very well and could have won the game with a bigger score difference; I would be a hypocrite if I'd say that Chelsea didn't have a lot of scoring chances, but Barry had a very good day and saved Howard's ass with a brilliant tackle in a situation where Eto'o just had to put the ball in the net.

Last edited by Vlad the Impaler on Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:11 pm

Mourinho is like a signing they said, will carry chelsea on his back to a title they said Proud

Pellegrini will revolutionize the PL they said Proud

all 4 strikers will play together they said Proud

B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:19 pm

and Baines Proud what a performance. solid as a rock. hope we can bring him in the winter window itself. Smile

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:26 pm

Oh yes, Baines played very well. Anyway, if we want to buy him, he shouldn't throw with too much money at Everton for him. He doesn't deserve more than 10 mil £, because he is 28 years old.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:43 pm

Soton Proud
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:55 pm

Zero wrote:Soton Proud
Proud

Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:31 pm

liverpools honeymoon ending.. eco smile 

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:49 pm

This should be changed to 'Our Top 4 Rivals' now eco smile

Anyways, Liverpool don't look like they will be dropping that much points. No matter how shit their defence is at times, having Suarez and Strurridge in the form they're in will ensure plenty of goals, sadly. No European commitments also gives them an advantage over us.

On top of that, we have Everton flying and Spurs will continue being a nuissance picking up points here and there. we have a bit of a mountain to climb, regardless of the fact that we're only 5 points off of top 4.

We'll, imo, lose against Chelsea next week. We had a torrid record there under SAF, so I very much doubt that will change under a manager who has never won away against a Top 4 team. A draw is our best hope, but even then that will leave us 6 points worse. LFC have Villa at home, they will easily win.

We have shot our foot so many times. we should have beaten Spurs at OT. But how many times have we said we shoulda, coulda..etc, this season? It's ridiculous.

If the inevitable happens and we drop out the top 4 this season, it would be deserved.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:14 pm

The week after, Everton face Liverpool so someones got to have to drop points. We also still have Liverpool and Everton to face, tough games but if we have Rooney and Van Persie in those games there's a good chance of winning both. Thank goodness the return is not at Anfield, but Goodisen park is going to be hard place to go to, 1 defeat in all of 2013 (against Sunderland to of all teams). Everton and Spurs also have Chelsea to play at Stamford Bridge so that cancels out our game against them.

I hope we pull it out of the bag.

And, I'm not going to edit the title, RED. It's still not mathematically impossible Razz
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:37 pm

Villa did us a favour today. Hopefully, we get something from tomorrow's game. Hoping the Merseyside derby ends in a draw next match day. No FA Cup action for us, so we don't have another Premier League game til the 28th (a week after our league cup game) and maybe we'll get some players back. Nani, Van Persie, Rooney and Jones whoever comes back will help us.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:41 pm

I'm slightly peeved because LFC should have lost that match, but I can't complain really. If someone before the match offered a draw to United fans, we would have taken it.

So tomorrow, in a worst case scenario, were we to lose, we would only be 6 points behind rather than 8. Liverpool have the derby next week too, they could drop more points.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:27 pm

They way Spurs have bent over against City and Liverpool makes me think we could've got so much more from Spurs. I know we are far apart from those teams (Liverpool & City) especially in style. However, the way Spurs are playing, especially at OT, where they weren't that special, we could've got something.

What I'm most afraid of, is imagine Moyes does enough to keep his job, it will be like Mancini was in charge of Man City. He does well, but the team would be capable of so much more, like they are with Pellegrini.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:16 pm

I'm still pi55ed off that we lost to them at Old Trafford. The most annoying loss this season for me. They are nothing special....but yet they beat us. Just our luck under Moyes, eh?
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:39 pm

You know, I was thinking, why did Fergie hire Moyes? Surely, he did his homework and knew he was a negative manager? Obviously he did do his homework and knew he was negative. Then that leads to why did he hire him? I think he thought Moyes had 'good foundations' in him, so hired him anyway knowing he was negative, think he would learn the job as he goes own. That's why he said if Moyes won a trophy this season he would be happy, not because he thought it was poor squad ( I don't think Fergie will admit/think that he built a poor squad) he thinks Moyes' will learn how to manage a big club, and as time goes on become less negative. The man he hired, however, is the man who parks the bus against Sunderland at home.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:18 pm

We really need WBA to do us a huge favour tomorrow by beating Liverpool. If they do, that will give us a life line in clawing them(LFC) back.

Next week they play Arsenal, so possible for them to drop points at home. Arsenal have a good record there.
Everton v spurs too, so either one of those teams will drop points.

We have Fulham at home, we should 100% win that much. No excuses, they are terrible.

If, and that's a big if, WBA beat Liverpool tomorrow. Hopefully they do!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:27 pm

I can't see Liverpool with back to back losses.

It's false hope right now, we've flattered to deceive so many times this season. Before, he had the excuse of no Mata, RVP or Rooney but there's not one excuse available left.

He's lucky the match wasn't at OT today, the home fans are much less forgiving than the away fans. There would have been some supporters booing today.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:30 pm

I think you are right. Even if by a slim chance LFC lose both matches, we look the more likelier to drop unexpected points.

It's this false hope that kills one Sad
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:31 am

The Mata transfer was the biggest deceiver. I knew it wouldn't get rid of all our problems but at least give us a lift.

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:43 am

tbh I'm not saying this because of hindsight, but even when we signed Mata I wasn't as excited as I normally would be for signing a top class player.

Had this been last year, I would have been over the moon. But under Moyes, he just sucks the life out any pre concieved thought of playing good football with top class players. Mata, RVP, Rooney and young Adnan can't do it all themselves, what they can do is paper over the cracks.

I read a great quote earlier on a message board that excellently summed up Moyes managing world class talent:

It's like giving your grandad a smartphone
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:39 pm

Liverpool drew today. If we won yesterday and they lose next week we'd be 1 point off. If only we sacked Moyes a week ago, ffs pale

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:41 pm

It won't happen no matter how it pans out in our favour. Because with Moyes in charge, we will drop points randomly to any frigging team. I won't be surprised if we drop points next week to Fulham. We are far too incosistent to take advantage.

Honestly, I've resigned into thinking we will not make top 4 this season. I've accepted it. And if that means Moyes will be closer to the exit door and more fans turning on him, then the better.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next