Mr Nick09
Zealous
guest7
Onyx
8 posters

Go down

A RB or a CB needed Empty A RB or a CB needed

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:34 pm

I think we need either a RB or a new CB.

Imo Ramos should move to CB.

Pepe isn't all that solid, Carvalho is getting on, Arbeloa is a backup, Varane isn't ready and Albiol is a backup.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

A RB or a CB needed Empty Re: A RB or a CB needed

Post by guest7 Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:36 pm

Pepe is solid.

CB = Ramos/Varane, only Mou insisting on Carvalho

RB = Godbeloa?
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:40 pm

That's where Varane and Caravajal come in.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:46 pm

This probably was an instruction, but still Pepe was hoofing too much and he needs to sort his balance out. Arbeloa is best as backup so we should get a fresh new RB.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:24 pm

It's quite tiresome to see people always focusing on the wrong issue. When we lose, the defense isnt good enough, when we draw, the forwards are crap etc....

how about the midfield, we were getting overrun there, that's where we lost the game. the one area of the pitch adding quality in will significantly help the defense, the attack, our ability to control the tempo and pace, and how ability to build up from deep.

The fact that we clear the ball forward by punting is not very exciting, it's disappointing we cant go through our midfield to build up an attack. that's where we shouldnt be shy about adding quality.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:38 pm

Its exactly that, our midfield is the issue. The problem is we have so many attackers so we are sacrificing a spot from the midfield. I hope we can see the improvement we have all been waiting for with Sahin. I feel sorry for the kid though, so much pressure on him before he could even play.

In some game we will have to drop the 4-2-3-1 I feel [Di Marias Spot]. We need to get used to playing centrally too, as I see us being too reliant on the wings sometimes.
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:46 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:It's quite tiresome to see people always focusing on the wrong issue. When we lose, the defense isnt good enough, when we draw, the forwards are crap etc....

how about the midfield, we were getting overrun there, that's where we lost the game. the one area of the pitch adding quality in will significantly help the defense, the attack, our ability to control the tempo and pace, and how ability to build up from deep.

The fact that we clear the ball forward by punting is not very exciting, it's disappointing we cant go through our midfield to build up an attack. that's where we shouldnt be shy about adding quality.

We all are aware of the midfield issue. But what can we do honestly? You as much as I know that this Barca midfield is the best, buying new players wont fix it. And if Xabi is the issue, that's the reason Sahin was bought from the first place.

I'm still awaiting to see the German Double Pivot
Sahin - Khedira
Özil = sex
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:09 pm

what can we do, we can add one more central midfielder that is barca ready and will help us. that's what we can do. we need a tridente, not a double pivot.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:15 pm

Put Sahin in place for Di Maria and have him play more centrally. That should fix it.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:16 pm

Barca have Mascherano, Fabregas and Thiago as backups. :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:20 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:It's quite tiresome to see people always focusing on the wrong issue. When we lose, the defense isnt good enough, when we draw, the forwards are crap etc....

Nick, good morning.I was surprised you were asleep. I thought you were on this forum 7/24!!!!

I agree with your comments about defense and midfield, however last night it was our forwards lack of finishing that was the difference in the game. I also agree with you that Ozil needs to play more back in the midfield. Our midfield will be better once Sahin gets integrated into it. I also think Coentrao is going to feature a lot in the MF this year.. So basically, our MF is 3 of Alonso, Khedira, Ozil, Sahin and Coentrao. It's not equal to Barca, but it's not bad at all. The one thing these games have shown is better team chemistry. Let's give this new MF a chance to play and grow together. That plus improved finishing and we are on our way to a couple of trophies this year and next year will be even better.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:22 pm

Who cares what they have, we need midfielders who can help link the defense to attack properly so we don't go on wasting possession. Xabi and Khedira need to focus on defending and to cut the passes from barca's midfield. Two very huge tasks to ask from only 2 players. With a third person who passes first and can do the two tasks above will make sure we can attack properly.
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:26 pm

futbol_bill wrote:

Nick, good morning.I was surprised you were asleep. I thought you were on this forum 7/24!!!!

I agree with your comments about defense and midfield, however last night it was our forwards lack of finishing that was the difference in the game. I also agree with you that Ozil needs to play more back in the midfield. Our midfield will be better once Sahin gets integrated into it. I also think Coentrao is going to feature a lot in the MF this year.. So basically, our MF is 3 of Alonso, Khedira, Ozil, Sahin and Coentrao. It's not equal to Barca, but it's not bad at all. The one thing these games have shown is better team chemistry. Let's give this new MF a chance to play and grow together. That plus improved finishing and we are on our way to a couple of trophies this year and next year will be even better.

It's getting to be point where WE NEED that midfield support, not only for the tempo, but for the attacks.

supporting the forward men, giving them options to pass the ball to. It's useless to have ozil and benzema in fornt of the box, when no cross is coming. the Fullbacks dont even have time to overlap, because if they do, they might be caught on a counter; they dont make runs because no one will make the pass... WE NEED it.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:28 pm

I agree Bill, the midfield is not bad at all and it'll get better with time.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:30 pm

It's not that it's so bad, but it's lacking in technical ability
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:33 pm

We don't need 2 DM's in Khedira and Alonso. Sahin should replace one of them.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:33 pm

All three goals we conceded were due to defensive mistakes. The problem wasn't the midfield. When the rivals get 7 chances and score 3, it means the problem is the defense.

We need two right backs, a CB, and a left back. We also need Neymar. Just like we get stung by Messi, we need a player that can do a similar damage to them.

The midfield is fine. It can be worked with, but its not our problem. A new GK would be great
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:38 pm

True. Everything we did was pretty much correct. It was just a few defensive mistakes.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:41 pm

mtfootball wrote:We don't need 2 DM's in Khedira and Alonso. Sahin should replace one of them.

He will eventually. Keep in mind Coentrao and Ozil. Ozil; they need to play him as a CAM, not as a 3rd or 4th attacker. If not put Sahin in that role between 2 of the others. And for goodness sake, don't put Di Maria as part of midfield. Keep him confined to a forward wing position. He is just not a MF.

I agree with Nick, but I believe we have the talent to have an effective midfield. It's a matter of tactics, training, building chemistry.... and our forwards (specifically CR7, Di Maria) having better play making and all of the forwards improved finishing. Why is it that when a Barca forward has a shot on goal, they score 80% of the time and ours is only 10%?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:47 pm

Barca create chances better than us.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend