Onyx
nj
TheRedStag
Nishankly
Art Morte
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Would you sell Gerrard for £ 10-15m? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you sell Gerrard for £ 10-15m?

Post by mr-r34 Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:04 am

This will never happen, Gerrard will retire he, he deserves it after we have only given him so little

mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Would you sell Gerrard for £ 10-15m? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you sell Gerrard for £ 10-15m?

Post by stevieg8 Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:29 am

No amount of money would be worth the emotional aspect of it... legends should stay with their teams, and vice-versa.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:48 am

I wouldn't sell Gerrard at all, regardless of what they pay. Let it to be 10-15, to 100-150m. Shocked
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:06 am

Art Morte wrote:I happily agree that Gerrard can still be our best player on the pitch, but I disagree that pondering such a scenario where Gerrard would be sold is purely a fail.

Cashing in on declining stars (which have got a couple of good years left in them, but only a couple) is good business and good business is what makes clubs successful in the long run - especially with the Financial Fair Play. Football, of course, is not only about good business but also about emotions and that, too, I take as a merry fact.

Experience in the dressing room is invaluable . Would United have this much success if they had sold their aging stars like Scholes and Giggs . Arsene tried that formula and sold their experienced players now the end result . Arsenal are a bunch of bottlers .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:11 am

Nishank wrote:Sad

NO.

No selling Gerrard or Carragher.. Let them retire here whether they like it or not...

Sad(((

Stevie and Jamie are what John and Frank are to Chelsea. all of them will retire at their clubs and go down as legends.

Anyway, NO! I wouldn't sell him. I didn't want him at Chelsea when those rumours came around a few years ago. I'd hate to play a Gerrardless liverpool. It wouldn't be right.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:53 am

Steven Gerrard would retire & kick the ball for the last time in a red jersey & i would be there to see that in person . .that is the dream i live . .so for me this is something i would never be able to digest. . so a BIG NO! from my part . .he will play out his career & one day be the manager ! ! that is vision Very Happy
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:21 am

kick mars wrote:
Nishank wrote:Sad

NO.

No selling Gerrard or Carragher.. Let them retire here whether they like it or not...

Sad(((

Stevie and Jamie are what John and Frank are to Chelsea. all of them will retire at their clubs and go down as legends.

Anyway, NO! I wouldn't sell him. I didn't want him at Chelsea when those rumours came around a few years ago. I'd hate to play a Gerrardless liverpool. It wouldn't be right.

More than that. Frank Lampard joined Chelsea in 2001. While Carragher & Gerrard are our lads.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:05 am

Worst thread in history of GoalLegacy Art Wink hmm

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:07 am

Sepi wrote:Worst thread in history of GoalLegacy Art Wink hmm

A rebuttal after SEVEN MONTHS!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:17 pm

Hahaha Sepi u would dig this out
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Slosh Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:26 pm

After his performance coming off the bench against Newcastle, I can't in any way see Dalglish even considering it. The way he plays the game is unbelievable.
Slosh
Slosh
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:56 am

BeautifulGame wrote:Where does this he is past his best comes from ? Just because he is struggling with injuries this season doesnt mean he is past his best . When fit he one of our best players against the likes of United and Chelsea .

Sorry mate really poor thread Evil or Very Mad .

I told u so smoking

Frankly when fit he is probably our best player and still a level above the likes of Adam
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:41 am

Slosh wrote:After his performance coming off the bench against Newcastle, I can't in any way see Dalglish even considering it. The way he plays the game is unbelievable.

Coming off the bench against Newcastle means nothing. Dalglish wouldn't have ever considered selling him at all.

@ BG: I still won't sell him for 100m. So... I told you all so? XD
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:06 am

Well, he scored one goal and had a good performance, too early to say how important he will be for us this season.

And don't get me wrong, I like him a lot and he's a Kop legend, it's just that if I was running a football club, I'd be willing to cash in on aging players before they lose their value completely. Cold, yes, but that's what successful business is sometimes.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:11 am

Disagree.
Cash on players like Kyrgiakos or Maxi or Bellamy, Yes.

But not on Gerrard. Neutral
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:12 am

Why is this thread still alive! ! Evil or Very Mad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:11 pm

Art Morte wrote:Well, he scored one goal and had a good performance, too early to say how important he will be for us this season.

And don't get me wrong, I like him a lot and he's a Kop legend, it's just that if I was running a football club, I'd be willing to cash in on aging players before they lose their value completely. Cold, yes, but that's what successful business is sometimes.
Bad business to sell a talisman who is still, even with injuries and age, one of your best players (if not your best)... nevermind doing it for a reasonable sum.

It sends a poor message to potential targets in terms of ambition and it deprives the squad of leadership, direction, and experience.

Selling Gerrard doesn't make sense when considered from the head or the heart.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:40 pm

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard says he will leave Anfield for another club in the summer if he is not offered a new contract.

Gerrard joined the Liverpool academy at the age of nine and has made almost 700 first-team appearances for the Reds but his current deal expires in the summer.

The 34-year-old has played in all of Liverpool’s Premier League and Champions League games so far this season.

But Gerrard has confirmed he would not retire if he is not offered a contract extension in the summer and will sign elsewhere.

"I can only worry about this season because I'm only contracted until May," Gerrard told the Daily Mail.

"I certainly won't be retiring this summer. I will play beyond this season."

Steven Gerrard

"As it stands at the moment, I'm here until the end of the season and want to make the most of it. I certainly won't be retiring this summer. I will play beyond this season.

"We will have to wait and see if that's at Liverpool or somewhere else. That's Liverpool's decision. If they don't come then I will see what's out there."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9541787/premier-league-steven-gerrard-could-leave-liverpool-in-summer-to-further-playing-career

:coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:10 pm

Ugh.

If he's not offered a new contract by Liverpool he should just retire. He's got more than enough money I'm sure, and I'm sure he could find a retired players league to play in.

Can't think of Gerrard in any other shirt.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum