UEFA League coefficient rankings

Go down

UEFA League coefficient rankings Empty UEFA League coefficient rankings

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:41 pm

1. EPL - 73.035
2. La Liga - 66.471
3. Bundesliga - 62.852
4. Serie A - 50.838
5. Ligue 1 - 47.011
6. Portugal - 46.513

This is calculated by looking at club performances for each country in the CL and Europa competitions over 5 years.

Serie A is about to be overtaken by Ligue 1. With PSG rising in strength, this should improve in the next few years too. Portugal is maxed out methinks given that Porto won Europa last year.... but Porto has an easy group and may go pretty far in CL. There's luck involved in this imo.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This ranking only looks at the top clubs for each country (the ones that qualified for Europe). It doesn't consider league depth at all. Also, the leagues with 4 teams in CL (EPL, La Liga and Bundesliga) have a huge advantage.


Last edited by sportsczy on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

UEFA League coefficient rankings Empty Re: UEFA League coefficient rankings

Post by Babun on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:43 pm

@sportsczy wrote:1. EPL - 73.035
2. La Liga - 66.471
3. Bundesliga - 62.852
4. Serie A - 50.838
5. Ligue 1 - 47.011
6. Portugal - 46.513

This is calculated by looking at club performances for each country in the CL and Europa competitions over 5 years.

Serie A is about to be overtaken by Ligue 1. With PSG rising in strength, this should improve in the next few years too. Portugal is maxed out methinks given that Porto won Europa last year.... but Porto has an easy group and may go pretty far in CL. There's luck involved in this imo.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This ranking only looks at the top clubs for each country (the ones that qualified for Europe). It doesn't consider league depth at all.
Macaronies are in big trouble Very Happy

_________________
UEFA League coefficient rankings Funny-gifs-messy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6200
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

UEFA League coefficient rankings Empty Re: UEFA League coefficient rankings

Post by EarlyPrototype on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:44 pm

That is how I would rank it too.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

UEFA League coefficient rankings Empty Re: UEFA League coefficient rankings

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:48 pm

The top 3 leagues have 4 CL spots which is a huge advantage. If the gap between #3 and #4 falls below a certain level, UEFA makes a switch. Bundesliga needs to perform in Europe this year and hope Serie A and Ligue 1 perform the same or worse.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

UEFA League coefficient rankings Empty Re: UEFA League coefficient rankings

Post by Babun on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:50 pm

@sportsczy wrote:The top 3 leagues have 4 CL spots which is a huge advantage. If the gap between #3 and #4 falls below a certain level, UEFA makes a switch. Bundesliga needs to perform in Europe this year and hope Serie A and Ligue 1 perform the same or worse.
Leverkusen is weaker. By the way, they completely dominated BVB today according to nick Very Happy
BVB has a managable group made of Arsenal and OM, Bayern have their hands full but they have Godmez Very Happy

_________________
UEFA League coefficient rankings Funny-gifs-messy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6200
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

UEFA League coefficient rankings Empty Re: UEFA League coefficient rankings

Post by Ganso on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:54 pm

i aint even worried tho :coffee:

Lazio will have a good EL campaign for sure,and Milan will hopefully have a good CL campaign.Ref,2 unallowed goals that were legal,injuries and cup tied players totally ruined it last year
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

UEFA League coefficient rankings Empty Re: UEFA League coefficient rankings

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:55 pm

@Ganso wrote:i aint even worried tho :coffee:

Lazio will have a good EL campaign for sure,and Milan will hopefully have a good CL campaign.Ref,2 unallowed goals that were legal,injuries and cup tied players totally ruined it last year

Roma losing in Europa qualifying really hurts... i mean really badly. That's zero points right there. But then again, Sochaux choked for Ligue 1 too (although it was less shocking). PSG and Lazio are going to decide it between the 2 leagues assuming each have 2 going into the round of 1/16 in CL.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

UEFA League coefficient rankings Empty Re: UEFA League coefficient rankings

Post by Ganso on Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:06 pm

Roma arent good at all though, weaknesses all over,specially after Vucinic and Mexes left.Also,they had a new coach+new system+new players+they were without Lamela,arguably their best player.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

UEFA League coefficient rankings Empty Re: UEFA League coefficient rankings

Post by Mr Nick09 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:11 pm

Portugal not far behind Laughing

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 30470
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

UEFA League coefficient rankings Empty Re: UEFA League coefficient rankings

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:12 pm

@Ganso wrote:Roma arent good at all though, weaknesses all over,specially after Vucinic and Mexes left.Also,they had a new coach+new system+new players+they were without Lamela,arguably their best player.

I get it. But it still hurts Serie A badly. Lille and Lyon will likely come out of the CL pool... and Marseille has a good chance. Napoli is dead with their group, leaving only the Milan teams.

Ligue 1 could very easily bump Serie A down by next summer.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

UEFA League coefficient rankings Empty Re: UEFA League coefficient rankings

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:13 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Portugal not far behind Laughing

Only because of their Europa success (they won and had 3 teams in the semis i think). That won't happen again.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

UEFA League coefficient rankings Empty Re: UEFA League coefficient rankings

Post by Kuru on Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:15 am

@sportsczy wrote:The top 3 leagues have 4 CL spots which is a huge advantage. If the gap between #3 and #4 falls below a certain level, UEFA makes a switch. Bundesliga needs to perform in Europe this year and hope Serie A and Ligue 1 perform the same or worse.

What do you mean by that?
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 561
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

UEFA League coefficient rankings Empty Re: UEFA League coefficient rankings

Post by Kev on Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:27 am

@Kuru wrote:
@sportsczy wrote:The top 3 leagues have 4 CL spots which is a huge advantage. If the gap between #3 and #4 falls below a certain level, UEFA makes a switch. Bundesliga needs to perform in Europe this year and hope Serie A and Ligue 1 perform the same or worse.

What do you mean by that?
Well, I haven't researched anything, but I'm assuming if the difference in points between the third placed league and fourth placed league exceeds a certain number (say 20 points), then UEFA changed the number of CL/ EL spots available for the third/ fourth placed league.

Just my two cents.
Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 562
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

UEFA League coefficient rankings Empty Re: UEFA League coefficient rankings

Post by H.A. on Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:19 am

You know I won't be surprised if La Liga becomes the number one league in the next 2 years. If us madrid haven't crashed out in the Final 16 it would have boosted the numbers. Barca always goes far, Valencia can reach the quarters, villareal I hope can reach the F16. As for the europa league now we only have bilbao and pathetico. I'm sure they can win it if they want to.

I know the english teams go far too but they can be beaten Very Happy

_________________
UEFA League coefficient rankings 59zklw UEFA League coefficient rankings 2qw0kte
Miranda Kerr
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 776
Join date : 2011-08-04

Back to top Go down

UEFA League coefficient rankings Empty Re: UEFA League coefficient rankings

Post by vanDEEZ on Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:22 am

la liga has a long way until it surpasses epl in the coefficients.. the epl typically has 3 teams in pot 1 (possibly 4) giving them the edge in the group stages which sets them up royally down the stretch.

la liga has 2 teams in pot 1, this was our first year in pot 1 for some time mind you.

its just going to take years and years and a lot of luck, the epl top 4 is very strong atm. not to say valencia and villreal cannot compete but in recent years they have not gone far in the tournament.
vanDEEZ
vanDEEZ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 5869
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

UEFA League coefficient rankings Empty Re: UEFA League coefficient rankings

Post by Kuru on Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:39 pm

deezydeez wrote:la liga has a long way until it surpasses epl in the coefficients.. the epl typically has 3 teams in pot 1 (possibly 4) giving them the edge in the group stages which sets them up royally down the stretch.

la liga has 2 teams in pot 1, this was our first year in pot 1 for some time mind you.

its just going to take years and years and a lot of luck, the epl top 4 is very strong atm. not to say valencia and villreal cannot compete but in recent years they have not gone far in the tournament.

If you're talking about Madrid, then actually only our first year with Mou we weren't in pot 1.
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 561
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

UEFA League coefficient rankings Empty Re: UEFA League coefficient rankings

Post by hrealmadrid on Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:51 pm

Poor by the Italians, sad to see their league has declined so much
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 2013
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

UEFA League coefficient rankings Empty Re: UEFA League coefficient rankings

Post by Zealous on Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:59 pm

I like Roma but them getting knocked out of Europe was enjoyable to watch since their coach is Luis Enrique Twisted Evil

_________________
UEFA League coefficient rankings Bx_jALWIcAASRVx
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

UEFA League coefficient rankings Empty Re: UEFA League coefficient rankings

Post by Pato-7 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:45 pm

Serie A - twelve points from 3rd, 4 points from sixth.

Galliani was not joking. With Palermo and Roma out of Europe and Udinese out of UCL down to EL, it will get worse before it gets better.

Pato-7
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-08-29

Back to top Go down

UEFA League coefficient rankings Empty Re: UEFA League coefficient rankings

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum