BeautifulGame
RedOranje
mr-r34
36 posters

Page 31 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 42  Next

Go down

Our Squad - Page 31 Empty Re: Our Squad

Post by iftikhar Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:45 am

Toure has been good this season and he is a nice guy. But I would rather prefer having either of Ilori or Wisdom inducted into the squad.

iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:51 pm

Confused about this whole mess of CBs since Agger left the club. We have Wisdom, Ilori, Toure and Coates whose future needed to be cleared in the summer. Coates for sure will be gone. Ilori and Wisdom will be interesting to see. Toure, I would decide according to Ilori and Wisdoms performance from loan moves.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:55 pm

Kolo won't be renewed and I hope he isn't. I don't care what sort of a nice guy he is, he's just not good enough.

Ilori can do the job Kolo can do and then some. The only negative aspect to this would be Kolo's leadership in the dressing room but it's about time the elder guys left (Stevie and Kolo) and younger once stepped up in leadership and took more weight on their shoulders.

I don't know what Wisdom's role will be but I am a huuuuuge fan of Ilori and I think he will be with us next season and he'll fit right into the 3 at the back.

Coates is definitely gone, I am sure.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:11 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Kolo won't be renewed and I hope he isn't. I don't care what sort of a nice guy he is, he's just not good enough.

Ilori can do the job Kolo can do and then some. The only negative aspect to this would be Kolo's leadership in the dressing room but it's about time the elder guys left (Stevie and Kolo) and younger once stepped up in leadership and took more weight on their shoulders.

feel the same, we have enough senior players when Gerrard and Kole will leave. Skrtel, Lucas will be still there. And players like Lallana, Sakho who were captains before they came to us. Henderson is being well shaped to lead us for the next season. So we need to make that change happen.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:15 pm

Skrtel and Lucas are good leaders I agree. Lallana and Sakho have already been captains like you said. Can is a born leader of men. Hendo is doing a fantastic job. It's also now time for Sturridge and Coutinho to take bigger leadership roles as well.

Being older doesn't necessarily equal to being a good leader. For example, Can is a 100% more of a leader than Glen Johnson could ever wish to be.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:47 am

Kolo should be offered a new deal.

He does a lot off the pitch, and we're going to lose a whole lot of that with Stevie already going.

Note: He shouldn't be playing, but him signing a pay cut won't be the worst thing. He's also on the same level as Lovren so he's not all bad to be used as a 4th cb.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:16 am

Meh, I disagree as I already said. Ilori needs to be groomed into the squad and eventually into the team.

I don't think these players are as weak minded as most people make them out to be here. Kiolo and Stevie leaving means other guys will step up. Which it's really about time they do step up and take more on their shoulders.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:16 am

No new deal for Kolo, please. We've got enough young CBs who deserve a chance and it doesn't seem to me like our young players are in need of Kolo's leadership or advice or deals on used cars. I certainly don't see Kolo giving tips to Skrtel or Sakho and I certainly don't think he's got anything to give to different type of players like Markovic. I'm sure we'll let him go and that's the way it should be.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:25 am

The thing our young players need most is game times. Keeping Toure (who will offer nothing more than, say, Wisdom) will only damage the development of the young players.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:39 pm

^ thing that Kolo will offer more than Wisdom is that Kolo is actually a pretty decent squad option.

Wisdom on the other hand is a shocking player who'll end up in Championship lower half like Spearing.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:42 pm

If our management is also so sure about what you are saying about Wisdom, I will have no problem to keep Kolo and Ilori both at the club for the next season. So that we will have Ilori, Toure, Skrtel, Lovren, Sakho and possibly Can also in case we need him.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:52 am

Im a bit worried about players not signing contracts with us so easily. I know its a view from the top but Sterling, Henderson, Toure, Gleninho, Gerrard all have stalled.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:19 pm

Nishy wrote:Im a bit worried about players not signing contracts with us so easily. I know its a view from the top but Sterling, Henderson, Toure, Gleninho, Gerrard all have stalled.

Same. Not so much about the old players, but it's worrying that negotiations with players like Henderson and Sterling are taking so long and seeming so difficult. These guys are not super stars (yet), we should have no problem holding onto players like these.

Many people, myself included, thought we should have done more to hold on to Gerrard for one more year, too. I also hope we know what we're doing when (apparently) letting Johnson go. He's better than Flanagan or Manquillo.

We could end up shooting ourselves in the foot if we're not careful with the contract negotiations.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:18 am

Toure, Gleninho and Gerrard are all over 30 tbf.

But yeah, whoever is in charge of negotiations (for contracts/transfers) needs to get sacked. :facepalm:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:34 am

I think most of these players will be leaving this summer, for some reason or other:

1. Jones
2. Johnson
3. Manquillo
4. Toure
5. Coates
6. Wisdom
7. Enrique
8. Alberto
9. Teixeira
10. Gerrard
11. Lambert
12. Borini
13. Balotelli

I don't think any team loses so many senior players in one window. I think, in addition to our failure to sign appropriate players, people responsible waited too long to off-load some of these players.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:37 pm

Get Raheem back in the center, No idea how the talks will affect him but he still is our most lethal attacker upfront Laughing
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:14 pm

iftikhar wrote:I think most of these players will be leaving this summer, for some reason or other:

1. Jones
2. Johnson
3. Manquillo
4. Toure
5. Coates
6. Wisdom
7. Enrique
8. Alberto
9. Teixeira
10. Gerrard
11. Lambert
12. Borini
13. Balotelli

I don't think any team loses so many senior players in one window. I think, in addition to our failure to sign appropriate players, people responsible waited too long to off-load some of these players.

I missed this before but it's not so bad. Aside from losing experience we're going to be replacing almost all of these with players that are better than them. I also don't think that Teixeira, Alberto and one of Wisdom/Coates will be leaving. We also have guys like Ibe, Origi, Ilori coming back, and Williams, Rossiter and Sinclair will probably be looking for minutes also. We'll be signing at least a midfielder, hopefully a striker (unless we're going to convert Sterling there permanently and have Origi and Sturridge as backups) and probably a defender or two (especially a rightback). I think next year is going to be the most important year for Rodgers since he joined us and it will lay down the foundation for his future if he is going to be successful here or stay long term.

As for right now? I would go with this:

Johnson* - Lovren - Sakho - Can
Lucas
Henderson - Allen
Coutinho
Sterling Balotelli

*Manquillo

I think the 3-4-3 has a place, but maybe not so much as a base structure so much as something that we can switch shape to when an adjustment is needed (and it would be easy to move to in this formation).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:33 am

I would prefer this

Mignolet
Manquillo-Emre-Sakho-Moreno
Lucas
Henderson-Allen
Coutinho
Raheem-Balotelli

Secondly, it's not about if we are going to replace them (the list) with better players or which players would be returning. It's about an unusually high number of players about to leave; which is poor planning IMO.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun May 03, 2015 5:34 am

Our top scorers this season:

1. Raheem 11
2. Gerrard 11
3. Coutinho 8
4. Henderson 7
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun May 03, 2015 9:55 am

Them stats would look so good with 2 quality strikers, FML.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun May 03, 2015 9:59 am

Sterling being the highest goal scorer really sums up our awfulness precisely Sad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu May 07, 2015 11:41 am

What Liverpool always did even from when Ronnie Whelan and Ian Rush were young was they got rid of one or two old ones, they brought one or two young ones in but they kept the core and then after the young Ian Rush and Ronnie Whelan became more experienced they got rid of the older ones and others came through. Whereas if you’re going to get rid of six or seven experienced players and bring six or seven young players in was never really going to work, particularly as the age they were they still had two or three years left, you know you think about Peter Beardsley when he went to Everton, we are talking about players who were maybe thirty-one and thirty-two. Now you can slowly keep faith with them until they get to thirty-four/thirty-five then bring the youngsters in. But to get rid of Peter when he was thirty/thirty-one … I was twenty-eight, Ronnie Whelan would have been thirty, Ian Rush would have been thirty, Steve McMahon would have been twenty-nine, so I think that what Souness tried to do was change it too soon.

http://www.lfchistory.net/Articles/Article/3765

From a John Barnes interview.

Still relevant today. 25 years later...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri May 08, 2015 11:18 am

that is why I always cry that we need to keep the existing starting XI players for the next season, no matter what !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat May 09, 2015 9:43 am

Lol
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun May 17, 2015 3:41 am

We're *bleep*.

Sakho is the only one in this squad with leadership / a winning mentality.

The rest are kids that lack bottle / are cowards / bunch of players with Downing syndrome / mentality.

Lead by Sir Brendan and his future pupils, Liverpool will not be making top 4 next season.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sun May 17, 2015 3:47 am

This squad can go places if it is allowed to grow together. Unless FSG is willing to inject big money for single, already top end players it's good to keep them together and build squad unity then fill holes with experience. There's certainly enough potential to have a top end squad going forward.

Top 4 is definitely attainable next season with the acquisition of a seasoned forward and midfielder that can both provide goals. Of that I am pretty confident. If our scoring isn't addressed we're going to have a tough run out no matter how staunch our defence is.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 42  Next