5. Arsenal - 53

6. Tottenham - 44
7. Fulham - 42
8. Newcaslte - 42
9. Sunderland - 39
10. Stoke City- 39
11. Everton - 38
12. Aston Villa - 37

So we're in contention for the title, but so are all of our main rivals. It's last day of the Winter Transfer Window and all of rivals have made some major signings to strengthen their squads to make a run for the title.....Let's just say Manchester United have signed Sneijder, Chelsea have signed Modric, Arsenal have signed Cahill and M'Vila, and Man City have signed Ribery or some other big name.

Now we're left with one day to improve our already championship contending quality squad. And let's just we can get whoever we want. Who do you think will be our ideal signings to help us in the run-in of the season? 2-3 players that will strengthen the squad.

I'd like to hear from you guys and then I'll post mine.

I know it's early or whatever to think about this, but just for the sake of it....so don't bash the thread please Very Happy
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Let's Just Say Empty Re: Let's Just Say

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:33 am

NEWCASTLE 8TH?

with Leon Best upfront? Pardew would deserve a bloody knighthood :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:37 am

Haha Mole....I made sure I had Newcastle above Sunderland lol
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:48 am

It would depend entirely on how we've performed up until that point, in addition to any injuries we have sustained.

For example, if Carroll has still not settled in, I'd likely recommend signing a back up striker, preferably someone proven and not just some youngster with no top flight experience.

I don't have any names at the moment though.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:50 am

I think we'll go for Hazard if we are in a good position in the league and Lille out of CL.

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:23 am

Ok here goes my personal preference:

1. Eden Hazard (Lille) - Around 25-30 mill should do it.....Like Sepi said, If Lille is out of CL it'll most likely happen. We need another dribbler in the team, if god forbid something happens to Suarez we'll have Hazard as a direct replacement until Suarez comes back from injury.

2. Bryan Ruiz (Fulham)/Edinson Cavani (Napoli) - I'm in love with both of these players. I rate them both really highly. Even if Carroll is playing good I think we need another out-and-out striker as striking options are pretty thin compared to our rivals. So if Carroll has settled in perfectly I would still go for Ruiz to be the back-up, it would be nice having a player of his quality of the bench. But As Poolsupporter said, if Carroll isn't playing that well then I would definitely would want us signing Cavani. He's a class player around the box, can pull moments of magic from anywhere if need be. He'd settle in perfectly alongside Suarez, and with all the amazing around him, im sure he'll be a hit.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:40 am

Gotze cheers
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:50 am

If I were in charge of liverpool?

Recall Joe Cole from loan, buy Poulsen back. Break reina's leg and sleep with Stevie's wife :coffee:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:46 am

What Kick Mars said, basically.

No but seriously, I think we should buy a winger as our next player acquisition. Hazard would be more than nice. City's Adam Johnson would be cool, too.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:30 am

Well assuming such a position it would be tough to maintain that. .anyhow to look into Winter Transfer . .the three names that come to mind are:

Eden Hazard
Adam Johnson
Matt Jarvis
. . I have a feeling this would be the most probable transfer in January . .don't know why it comes to mind but just a feeling!

I do not think we would be going after any more striker before summer window & also Hazard seems more likely in the Summer. . . but anyways waiting for Kenny & Comolli to surprise us all! ! Very Happy
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:37 am

If we do get a winger (which is a must, as we only have 2 wingers in the squad), and you're right about Hazard more likely moving in the summer, I would really likes us to get Antoine Griezmann over Jarvis......The kid is an absolute sensation, he is way better dribbler than Jarvis ad he's almost as quick as Walcott.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:05 am

I'd bring Hazard. Then again... who wouldn't?

To be realistic though, Afellay. Or some other sort of CAM that can play on the wings. Honda maybe?

That's if we remain long term injury free or have enough depth to cover somebody.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:39 pm

Messiakanino wrote:If we do get a winger (which is a must, as we only have 2 wingers in the squad), and you're right about Hazard more likely moving in the summer, I would really likes us to get Antoine Griezmann over Jarvis......The kid is an absolute sensation, he is way better dribbler than Jarvis ad he's almost as quick as Walcott.

Why i say Jarvis is because of the pattern of our transfers . .English . . Young. . EPL proven . .Not Injury Prone & won't be too expensive in terms of transfer fee & wages, in short a smart investment! As is understandable from our transfers this things have the key points, a long term investment which will be beneficial! It is very much understandable that Comolli has spent money to buy effective players in certain position but not Supreme Talents (bar Suarez that is like an OMG transfer Razz ). . .

However players like the one you suggested Antonie would be if considered would be great but might be expensive . .then again can easily be considered!

Now Adam Johnson though a brilliant talent is not an OMG Transfer plus his fee would be moderate & also wages would be on the higher scale considering he is playing for AN OIL COMPANY Razz . . . so the thinking might be that he might be more expensive in the long run! Net Spending the conept FSG & Comolli seemed to have mastered pretty well!

On Afellay i think this are just rumors . . the guy has struggled to perform in a far slower league then EPL & the theory might well be he would struggle here & might as easily be an expensive long term spending . .but a great player none the less. .

Thing that has to be seen is that none of Comolli's decisions have been short term . .& one that perspective & considering price & all I feel Jarvis would be the option they might consider! Now the issue of Bellamy might arise but i feel here that they have actually saved money in a way because no Transfer Fee was paid & a more then decent back up has been acquired on just his wages! ! So for two years coming that ain't bad idea! !

Plus the Downing deal also makes sense cause he ain't too young but young enough to play brilliantly until our most promising winger Raheem Sterling develops! Very Happy

Hazard on the other hand is an OMG transfer & would benefit in any possible calculations known to mankind . . . Cool

Every decision has a long trail of thoughts & is money brilliantly spent! ! Very Happy

I guess i have stretched things too far but i really admire the philosophy that has been used Thumbs up

Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:13 pm

Honestly i dont think jarvis is good enough for us from what have seen of him.We should have gone for Brain Ruiz once it was known Meireles will be sold imo Evil or Very Mad
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum