Sir Psycho
dmize
43 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

NFL Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL Thread

Post by dmize Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:01 am

Catracho wrote:
Crimson wrote:I find college ball more interesting, I don't know why but I just do lol

This.... LSU!!! The atmosphere destroys any NFL game... the games are much more exciting and theres always a subplot going into each game which makes it "that" much more exciting...and plus there's pride at stake every week.

#GeauxTigers drinking

The atmosphere certainly does not destroy any NFL game, lol. Certain games like Michigan-OSU at the Big House, yeah sure. The atmosphere in Buffalo today for the Bills game where they beat the Pats >> every college game I've seen so far this year. There's plenty of sub-plots every week in the NFL also, not to mention the level of overall skill is invariably better. Add in the fact that the whole BCS system is flawed horribly and it's hard to compare NCAAF to the NFL...

dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:10 am

College Football, is too predictable SEC or Big 12. Luckily I support USC, and we'll be back. I swear it.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:26 am

Can't go a 10 feet here without someone talking about how well the Lions are doing.

I personally don't like or watch NFL, but I gotta give these guys their props...0-16 was embarrassing not only for the team, but for the city of Detroit and the State of Michigan.

Good to see them winning games. I know a lot of people who are still very cautious and skeptical about them though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:11 am

Dang field goals we should have murder the saints Mad
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:40 am

wow the steelers are sucking ass

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:38 am

oh sh*t Steelers losing...... fark....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:00 am

Sir_Psycho_Sexy91 wrote:College Football, is too predictable SEC or Big 12. Luckily I support USC, and we'll be back. I swear it.

feels good to be a LSU Tiger,,,

I'm pretty sure, LSU vs. Oregon in Jerry World >>>>> Bills game according to atmosphere..no there isnt as many subplots in NFL as NCAA in ever game... and there isn't as much excitement in NFL as NCAA. banana
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:40 am

Catracho wrote:
Sir_Psycho_Sexy91 wrote:College Football, is too predictable SEC or Big 12. Luckily I support USC, and we'll be back. I swear it.

feels good to be a LSU Tiger,,,

I'm pretty sure, LSU vs. Oregon in Jerry World >>>>> Bills game according to atmosphere..no there isnt as many subplots in NFL as NCAA in ever game... and there isn't as much excitement in NFL as NCAA. banana

All those are opinions, but I'll play along.

Okay name all the subplots from Top-25 games and I'll do the same for the NFL.

Giants at Philadelphia- NFC East rivalry game, Vick coming off a concussion
Jacksonville at Carolina - Cam Newton does he continue his success
N.E. at Buffalo- Buffalo surprisingly started 2-0, can they keep it going(they did)
Miami at Cleveland - Would the Dolphins stay winless(they did)
Detroit at Minnesota - Young Detroit team trying to continue to prove they're for real, also a divisional matchup
NY Jets at Oakland - Revenge for the hotdog eating game 2 seasons ago(lol), and Oakland ended up getting that revenge
Atlanta at Tampa Bay - Divisional game
Green Bay at Chicago - Another divisional rivalry game, potential playoff matchup
Washington at Dallas - Another NFC Rivalry game, can Washington continue to stay hot

3 rivalry games, 4 divisional matchups.

Besides Oklahoma St-Texas A&M and Clemson-FSU, was there ONE close top-25 game? Even LSU @ WVU was a blowout.

You also completely ignored the fact that the entire BCS system is flawed terribly. Who wants to watch a team go undefeated for the entire year and not get the opportunity to play for the National Championship? Lol @ letting a computer decide who's going to play for a title. Jokes

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:51 pm

why wouldnt you want to see an undefeated team play the NC??

lol afterall they are undefeated.. I understand if it was Boise St..because they don't play anybody, but if its an SEC or Big 12 team than there is no DOUBT they should be in the NC.

Alabama vs. Arkansas - First SEC West game of season for these 2 teams. QB duel between future first rounders in A.J. McCarron and Marc Wilson.

LSU vs. West Virginia - WVU looking to revenge last years loss in Death Valley.

Oklahoma vs. Missouri - Always a heated Big 12 rivalry match.

Michigan vs. SDSU - Brady Hoke coaches against his former team.

Oklahoma St. vs. A&M - pits 2 top 10 Big 12 schools... the last time A&M will host Cowboys before their move to the SEC next season.

Clemson vs. FSU - 2 high-powered offense, both fighting for a spot in the ACC Championship and importantly.. no more Bowden Bowl. 2 words..Sammy Watkins.

at the end of the day its just an opinion. meh lol.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:28 pm

Catracho wrote:why wouldnt you want to see an undefeated team play the NC??

That's exactly my point. It's happened before where someone in a non-major conference goes 12-0 and they don't get to play in the title game, while a 11-1 SEC/B12/B10 team does. IMO it's a flawed system, it makes the regular season more exciting, but it would be better overall if there was a decent playoff or other postseason method.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:46 pm

If I had to choose between an 11-1 Alabama or an undefeated Boise St. or TCU I'd pick an 11-1 SEC team.

just look at ones schedule.. Alabama plays a Florida, South Carolina, Arkansas, LSU, Auburn and an Out Of Conference game..this year it was a ranked Penn St. away and all of a sudden 1 loss does not hurt them with this sort of schedule..and you have the SEC Championship on top of that..

you look at a Boise St...they play all-mighty Hawaii, Louisiana Tech, Fresno St., Nevada, UTEP. Theres nothing here that screams out NC worthy.

the BCS is not flawed.. theres always something that will act as a tie-breaker or a leading factor.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:54 pm

That's dmize's point Catracho, that you and nobody else has the ability to choose. All your arguments go out the window because at the end of the day no human is making a decision, it's all down to what the computer says.

If anything let the computer choose the rankings, but let the teams prove it in a playoff.

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:13 pm

Catracho wrote:If I had to choose between an 11-1 Alabama or an undefeated Boise St. or TCU I'd pick an 11-1 SEC team.

just look at ones schedule.. Alabama plays a Florida, South Carolina, Arkansas, LSU, Auburn and an Out Of Conference game..this year it was a ranked Penn St. away and all of a sudden 1 loss does not hurt them with this sort of schedule..and you have the SEC Championship on top of that..

you look at a Boise St...they play all-mighty Hawaii, Louisiana Tech, Fresno St., Nevada, UTEP. Theres nothing here that screams out NC worthy.

the BCS is not flawed.. theres always something that will act as a tie-breaker or a leading factor.

I'm not talking about this years Boise(although they did beat down Georgia pretty good, an SEC team). But in years past they've had a strong enough OOC schedule with ranked teams and but because they're in the WAC. Like THC said, it's something a computer shouldn't decide, at least not fully. That 12-0 team from a non-power conference deserves at least a shot to get into the championship game.

Another good example is 2006: Undefeated Boise State team in the Fiesta bowl against a "power conference team" 11-1 Oklahoma. Conference ties would say Oklahoma is the better team, right? Well Boise St. won that game 43-42(one of the best games I've ever seen). In retrospect, that team deserved to play Florida for the championship. Instead the 12-1 OSU team played them and got smacked up. One more example is Utah from 2008. They played in the MWC, but beat ranked Michigan, #11 TCU, #14 BYU, and then smacked up pretty good on Alabama in their bowl game. Again two 11-1 teams played for the title instead.

If there was a 4-team playoff even at the very least, we would have found out for sure if Florida was the best team that year, or if Utah was the best in 2008. All I'm saying is Boise St. and Utah those years should've gotten the opportunity.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:17 pm

One of the best games ever, NFL, college or otherwise. No one had Boise St winning this.

The lateral play on 4th & 18 Shocked
Having the balls to go for the win on the 2-point conversion Shocked Shocked
Statue of Liberty play to win it Shocked Shocked Shocked
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:41 am

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:That's dmize's point Catracho, that you and nobody else has the ability to choose. All your arguments go out the window because at the end of the day no human is making a decision, it's all down to what the computer says.

If anything let the computer choose the rankings, but let the teams prove it in a playoff.

The thing is, they use my last comment as a way to dictate who goes and who doesnt go the NC when a situation like that arises..

a 1 loss SEC team will forever trump an OOC team in the polls and in the votes.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:55 pm

GO PATRIOTS. LOL @ Tom Brady still showing everyone how it's done. If we had a new secondary we'd be PERFECT.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:16 pm

MJGunner wrote:GO PATRIOTS. LOL @ Tom Brady still showing everyone how it's done. If we had a new secondary we'd be PERFECT.

Didn't he throw 4 picks on Sunday? lol. JK 2 of them were B.S. anyway that could have happened to any QB(tipped ball by Ocho Cinco that should've been caught, and a ball batted at the line of scrimmage that was caught by a Bills player). I think he did break another throwing record on Sunday though; most passing yards through 3 weeks of the season.

And even though the Bills are 3-0, it's going to be a battle between the Patriots and Jets for the division, should be neck and neck all year.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:17 pm

McLewis wrote:Can't go a 10 feet here without someone talking about how well the Lions are doing.

I personally don't like or watch NFL, but I gotta give these guys their props...0-16 was embarrassing not only for the team, but for the city of Detroit and the State of Michigan.

Good to see them winning games. I know a lot of people who are still very cautious and skeptical about them though.

I actually look forward to watching them on Thanksgiving this year, unlike the past few years where they've been miserable Laughing . GB-Detroit should be a good game then.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:23 pm

dmize wrote:
MJGunner wrote:GO PATRIOTS. LOL @ Tom Brady still showing everyone how it's done. If we had a new secondary we'd be PERFECT.

Didn't he throw 4 picks on Sunday? lol. JK 2 of them were B.S. anyway that could have happened to any QB(tipped ball by Ocho Cinco that should've been caught, and a ball batted at the line of scrimmage that was caught by a Bills player). I think he did break another throwing record on Sunday though; most passing yards through 3 weeks of the season.

And even though the Bills are 3-0, it's going to be a battle between the Patriots and Jets for the division, should be neck and neck all year.

Sounds about right, a terrible fluke game :/ if we had a decent defense Brady wouldn't need to carry the team on his back like he always does and we'd be way more balanced and threatening. I hate the Jets but I love the jibs Rex Ryan and the Pats throw back and forth, this rivalry hasn't been this exciting in a while What a Face
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:09 pm

MJGunner wrote:
dmize wrote:

Sounds about right, a terrible fluke game :/ if we had a decent defense Brady wouldn't need to carry the team on his back like he always does and we'd be way more balanced and threatening. I hate the Jets but I love the jibs Rex Ryan and the Pats throw back and forth, this rivalry hasn't been this exciting in a while What a Face

Yeah, it looks like the Pats missed Pat Chung quite a bit against the Bills, I think their secondary would've been much better had he played.

Just like the Jets missed Nick Mangold pretty bad against the Raiders, our O-Line is a mess without him.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:26 pm

About time the Bills lost, hopefully the fall back to earth and finish 6-10 like they should : )

And the Lions won again, Calvin Johnson is becoming one of my favorite WR's to watch. He's got 8 TD's so far Shocked Him, Desean Jackson, Dwayne Bowe = massive fantasy points. Now I just need Chris Johnson to start tearing it up(Stephen Jackson too).
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:30 pm

Megatron is on pace to break Moss' record.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:42 pm

That first TD he had was just freakish, 2-3 guys all over him and just out-leaped them.

Jets-Ravens tonight for Sunday Night Football, I'm not too confident considering Mangold is a game-time decision(sounds like he won't play). Key is going to be how we do against Ray Rice, we can't let him have a big night.

And hopefully we adjusted our offense a little bit. Apparently we were tipping our run plays based on the depth of our RB. For example if the RB was farther back it was usually a run, closer up and usually a pass. Simple things that a coordinator like Brian Schottenheimer can't disguise. Seriously if we had a half-competent offensive coordinator, we would be a much much better football team. The guy is inept.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:55 pm

We're going to shit on the Jets tonight.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:45 am

Jets look like there conserving their energy for next week.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:28 pm

Bad day for sports yesterday for me: Arsenal lost, Yankees lost and the Jets lost.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next