Thimmy
Adit
Babun
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Balance and width Problems - Page 3 Empty Re: Balance and width Problems

Post by Onyx Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:34 pm

So basically our wingers aren't providing as much as they should.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:40 pm

mtfootball wrote:So basically our wingers aren't providing as much as they should.

Yep.

The fullbacks aren't overlapping out of fear of being exposed by the gaps they will leave and stay back because of how empty the midfield is to offer some cover.

Were back to playing as two teams but it's a minor problem that will be sorted.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:43 pm

Adit wrote:We are very vertical team under mourinho.Our fast paced athletic individual game can be stopped if we are fatigued,injured or we are forced to play back ups in a game.With a better anticipation and better defending RM can be easily stopped but the anticipation and organization required to stop RM players at full form is nasty,this is the fundamental of our team.

I think our squad can be a lot more creative than it actually is at present which is a one dimensional vertical team.I dont think this "crisis" will end if we replaced CR with Hazard and di maria with neymar.Its down to tactics,and its upto mou to fix our totally one dimensional play.

I obviously don't think you replace Ronaldo. I just have very high requirements for the alleged #2 player in the world... as the focal point of the team, he needs to play like the superstar. But i regress.

The biggest problem we have is that Di Maria creates absolutely nothing on the right side other than a random goal and assist here and there. He has no consistency. Ramos doesn't overlap much because Di Maria is also tactically inept and Marcelo is always attacking (i'd actually like for Marcelo to hang back a bit and allow the right fullback to make runs more often). As a result, we are extremely left-handed in how we attack. It's not balanced. Get someone on the right who is consistent, can pass and is tactically aware = a lot of problems solved. Doesn't even need to be world-beater... just a solid, solid player who will cause the defense to respect that part of the field.

We're so talented that we can disguise the weakness on the right without much problem usually. But when you add the midfield issues to the chronic right side issue... we can't compensate for both.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:46 pm

Izzy... add the Carvalho has been very meh with coverage too. Makes the others even more nervous.

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:02 pm

sportsczy wrote:Izzy... add the Carvalho has been very meh with coverage too. Makes the others even more nervous.

Ah, forgot about that. Thumbs up
Pepe and Marcelo are always having to cover him and this leaves their area exposed.

We're playing with a lot of fear and it all stems because we are asking Xabi to do too much. He needs to be provided with a proper partner and I believe Khedira will be able to fill that void.
I hear a lot of talk about Granero, I understand where it is coming from but playing Granero means we sacrifise pace and grit in the midfield although he offers great ball retention and quicker ball movement.

This all leads to fullbacks becoming scared to come forward, Xabi having to link defence to midfiled and midfield to attack all by himself (too much work) and hoping our front four will do something special.

It's something I noticed last season as well but we are still early in the season and these minor problems can be rectified quite easily.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3