RedOranje
Le Samourai
iftikhar
McAgger
Art Morte
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Everton vs Liverpool | Merseyside Derby Round 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Everton vs Liverpool | Merseyside Derby Round 1

Post by donttreadonred Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:02 pm

RedOranje wrote:
Reina
Kelly - Carra - Skrtel - Enrique
Lucas - Spearing
Kuyt - Suarez - Downing
Carroll

That'd be my starting XI against Everton. Bring on Bellamy and Gerrard in the second half as necessary.
Totally agree. Thumbs up

This match will most likely be won in the midfield. We need players who are willing to battle and work their hearts out for the club, while also maintaining some composure and an even temper. Kuyt, Lucas, Spearing and Downing give us that core to build off of. Moreover, Lucas and Spearing have shown a great understanding to police the midfield and distribute the ball forward. Kuyt and Suarez have also shown a great chemistry, while Downing has been playing balls to Carroll that he really should be finishing. (If he can build upon his performance against Wolves, I believe he WILL finish.) To have Bellamy, Gerrard and even Adam providing the spark off the bench will be an incredible advantage.

donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Everton vs Liverpool | Merseyside Derby Round 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Everton vs Liverpool | Merseyside Derby Round 1

Post by iftikhar Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:19 pm

RedOranje wrote:
Reina
Kelly - Carra - Skrtel - Enrique
Lucas - Spearing
Kuyt - Suarez - Downing
Carroll

That'd be my starting XI against Everton. Bring on Bellamy and Gerrard in the second half as necessary.

I second this.

But a tini-tiny part of me is tempted to play Kuyt as target-man and Maxi on RW.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:49 am

2 hours to go ....... hgvsuldadljfhboljsadmsdln vlsnv;ws
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:38 pm

Same thing again ... Sad
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:38 pm

how. . . n . . . . HOW . . . n . . . . HOWWWWWWWWWWW! ! haven't we still NOT scored! ! !

Mad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:40 pm

The Captain is required! ! !

& we must capitalize on the man advantage! ! DAMN!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:41 pm

1. Everton red card an absolute gift for us.

2. Kuyt's penalty miss Sad

3. Adam's crossbar hit Neutral

4. We need to create more chances.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:48 pm

Great win...

The media will read a lot into this .. I won't see any article/blog regarding this ... 3 points thank you .. I don't care about anything else..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Kuyt missed a penalty!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:07 pm

WE WON THE DERBY!!!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by archwooohh Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:25 pm

Watched the match, good 3 points for you guys.

Suarez is god, not what I expected from Mr. Merseyside, not enough red cards.

Enrique has been very good for Liverpool this season, what are your assessments of him so far?
archwooohh
archwooohh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:52 pm

SO HAPPY!!! EVERTON'S DEFENCE... :bow:

As soon as Bellamy and Gerrard came on, the game opened up for us.

Downing and Adam were poor. But we beat Everton so who cares. banana

Lucas, Enrique, Suarez and Carragher all worthy of MOTM.

Capello was at the game. I really hope he doesn't choose Gerrard. We really need him against United. :S
Same goes with Kelly.

OH AND KUYT!! MY GOD! VERY UNLUCKY!! Placed it very well, but Howard came with a great save.

archwooohh wrote:Watched the match, good 3 points for you guys.

Suarez is god, not what I expected from Mr. Merseyside, not enough red cards.

Enrique has been very good for Liverpool this season, what are your assessments of him so far?

Atkinson choked tbh. The wrong man got sent off in Rodwell. A lot more dirtier tackles after that challenge didn't even get a yellow. :facepalm:

Anyway, it may be 7 games in but Enrique look's like our best summer signing yet. He's really fixed the LB issue we've had ever since the departure of Riise. Be interesting how he goes next week against you guys. Surprised
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:55 pm

I earlier mentioned the relief I actually feel when the Derby is actually over as today, it felt like an anvil off my chest. The derby is special simply because no matter what form or position in the table for Everton and Liverpool, both of the teams are as competative as ever during the whole match on-field.

We started off on the backfoot as Everton consistently pressured and pressed us and caused us to back-up into our own half. Chances started off with Suarez's tame header right into Howard's hands, Cahill's trademark aerial ability, and a few more close calls by both sides.

Then came Rodwell's red card in which I have to admit was harsh and only deserved a yellow. But who cares, as it served us well.

Even with ten men around the middle mark of the match, we failed to dominate earlier on of the middle mark as Adam as some of you along with I predicted, failed to make his mark on this match aside from his searing shot to the crossbar. As we predicted, he simply did not have the athleticism, fitness, defensive astuteness, nor the experience to hold his own in the midfield as I cannot understand what Kenny here was thinking as we all agreed someone with grit and heart like Spearing should slot in to partner Lucas as that would have made things different. Redoranje also aptly described his "hollywood" passing as he always seemed to go for the final ball without any dictation of tempo, build up, timing, distribution or creativity for that matter. He needs to learn patience and oversee how crucial those attributes really are as times like this made me miss the great Xabi. But he is only 25 and will learn to develop and integrate himself further in Kenny's pass and move. Downing as I early on predicted was going to be a wildcard as either he would be a success or he wouldn't with no fine line. I opted towards the latter as he couldn't handle the pace and physical tempo of the match and also as I predicted, was drawn out so wide that he couldn't integrate himself effectively into the midfield and was largely peripheral.
Lucas was excellent with his simple passing and distribution along with winning balls but was relatively untested due to the 1 man advantage.

The backline was superb today with our CB partnership solid, Kelly (one of my fav) was perfect in defense and solid in attack, as although at times he could have offerred more in attack. Special reserve mention for our new Valencian fan favorite who had a stellar performance today as like Kelly, he was perfect in the back while always looking to bomb forward, and even provided a pinpoint assist in which Kuyt was quick enough to leave for Carroll to smash it home.
Kuyt? What can I say as he wasn't his usual merseyside derby best and his penalty summed it up. I had the idea something would go wrong once he lined up for the shot as it did. I have a feeling Howard studied Kuyt's penalties before hand as he tends to be a bit predictable in always trying to slot it in the far post on the right of himself as today, Howard read it like a book. The shot was simply to slow and drifted all to predictably.
Frontline? It was a somewhat inconsistent day from them but that doesn't mean that in the end they deserved to be recognized for their flawed but solid performances. Suarez was a little wasteful at times yet at other times, his visionary build-up play, constant threat to the backline caused all sorts of problems to the Evertonian backline. He was our spark and an absolute livewire in the final third. Carroll? I enjoyed Andy's performance today as he had some good moments in his decision-making, build-up play and a few incisive passes. His goal involved a strike with such passion and fury, I could not describe how happy I was to see our troubled target man score as his celebration was exuberant in the way to show how much he wanted this moment and his goal was done with such vigour and technique, it further instilled my faith that he will be running riot soon. This goal was MASSIVE for his confidence.
Bellamy was relatively decent when he came in yet, Stevie G right by his first touches immeadiately stamped his authority and made us play even better with his box to box presence. I can only thank god he will be fit against the Mancs.
Not much to say in this performances as it was done so with 10 men and the MS derby always is unpredictable in what would happen. Yet, we showed great character to hold off and counter the valiant effort from Everton and convincingly get the 3 points. We still are not ready for teams like United as our final 3rd needs more work in terms of finishing chances yet its an oppurtunity to test ourselves as the home crowd will give us the comfort and will to step on the field with conviction and attack them precisely from the get-go.

(excuse the spelling and grammar mistakes this time)

YNWA.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3