+3
SuperMAG
Adit
EarlyPrototype
7 posters

Go down

Morata needs to pick it up Empty Morata needs to pick it up

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:45 am

He has 1 goal in about 415 mins played with RM Castilla. Mou didn't sign a 3rd CF as a sign of confidence... but he'll never see time in Madrid if he doesn't dominate in Castilla this year. In fact, if he doesn't shine come December, we'll likely sign someone over the winter.

He's only 18. But he shouldn't let this opportunity pass him by.

Back to top Go down

Morata needs to pick it up Empty Re: Morata needs to pick it up

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:24 am

Not really

He's been playing well and when you consider our highest goalscoer is Joselu with 3 and next highest is Morata and a bunch of others on 1, it's not really too much of a concern.

Ketchup goals and all that.

As long as he's playing well, which he has been then I'm not too worried.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:28 am

You know as well as i do Crimmy that CFs will always be judged on goals. Even moreso for those that are seen more as a pure 9. When Mou brings in a CF, he's looking for a certain level of scoring.

Unless Morata aspires to play more on a wing or a SS/AM, he needs to get on the board regularly... especially in 3rd division Spanish football.

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:33 am

I haven't seen one Castilla game this season, but it seems to me like no has filled the boots of Sarabia to create goal scoring chances. Morata needs service otherwise he wont really do much.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:35 am

sportsczy wrote:You know as well as i do Crimmy that CFs will always be judged on goals. Even moreso for those that are seen more as a pure 9. When Mou brings in a CF, he's looking for a certain level of scoring.

Unless Morata aspires to play more on a wing or a SS/AM, he needs to get on the board regularly... especially in 3rd division Spanish football.

Castilla are playing a weird 442 atm and he's playing behind Joselu in a odd Raul-esque role. So I'll wait to see imo.

I'm sure the coaches and staff are not judging him on goals but on his performances which have been fine.

The media will prob judge him on goals, but no one gives a shisen about them

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:50 am

Crimson wrote:
sportsczy wrote:You know as well as i do Crimmy that CFs will always be judged on goals. Even moreso for those that are seen more as a pure 9. When Mou brings in a CF, he's looking for a certain level of scoring.

Castilla are playing a weird 442 atm and he's playing behind Joselu in a odd Raul-esque role. So I'll wait to see imo.

I'm sure the coaches and staff are not judging him on goals but on his performances which have been fine.

The media will prob judge him on goals, but no one gives a shisen about them

That's true. We do play that 4-4-2, which i really don't like because it does nothing to prepare the kids for top leagues. 4-4-2 is 99% obsolete. Why are they not putting Morata as the target and Joselu behind him? Joselu seems to have better speed and Morata is a very good targetman. Strange.

Could just as easily play a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3 looking at our Castilla roster. We have the talent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:51 am

He is playing a SS role there this year,his dribbling skills are really good.Finishing isnt bad either,he need to improve his decision making though,definitely will become a far better player than soldado.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:19 am

Adit wrote:He is playing a SS role there this year,his dribbling skills are really good.Finishing isnt bad either,he need to improve his decision making though,definitely will become a far better player than soldado.

Yeah that's his only downfall is his decision making, but he is young and that tends to come with experience

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:53 am

i think he needs to improve his movements and positioning to have any chance to play for first team. thats how u score goals.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:09 pm

Crimson said it already, he isnt being played as a main CF.

he played as a winger, SS but played only once as CF and that's when he scored.

I'm not really convinced with their football atm, losing Sarabia is a huge minus for them, and you can clearly tell they need playmaking.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:14 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Crimson said it already, he isnt being played as a main CF.

he played as a winger, SS but played only once as CF and that's when he scored.

I'm not really convinced with their football atm, losing Sarabia is a huge minus for them, and you can clearly tell they need playmaking.

Yeah I am still unsure what it is exactly that Castilla is trying to do in terms of play style lol

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:16 pm

Wonder why they are playing a 4-4-2, sports is right it's not very beneficial to those moving up to the first division
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:20 pm

I think Toril feels that he has to play Joselu, because of his experience, age, and performances during crunch time. He is actually scoring as well.

But he also has to play Morata, so that's how you get the first tactical issue, since both are n9. So tactically he went to a 442, juanfran still around to right midfield, he had to compensate for Fran Rico and Juan carlos leaving etc... It's close to what we were playing last year, only, Sarabia is a natural SS with natural playmaking.

Dealing with those 2 guys is a tough situation.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:53 pm

He has been playing well despite scoring the one goal. The season only just started so it's not really an issue and especially if he gets the ketchup following at some point.

From what I've seen he's been Castilla's best player despite scoring just the one goal.

Castilla are playing 4-4-2 because they have Morata and Joselu who really shouldn't be riding the bench because it wouldn't be fair to them. Both Joselu and Morata play well consistently so the front two pick themselves.

As for the whole tactical thing, a 4-4-2 really isn't very different from a 4-2-3-1. Castilla aren't playing a traditional English 4-4-2, their style is more dependant on build up play rather than stretching play with two wingers.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:31 pm

Zealous wrote:He has been playing well despite scoring the one goal. The season only just started so it's not really an issue and especially if he gets the ketchup following at some point.

Yeaaahhhh

"Ruud told me that goals are like ketchup,'' Higuain told La Sexta. "Sometimes as much as you try, they don't come out, and then they come all of a sudden.''
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:41 pm

Best analogy ever.

Ruud <3
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:42 pm

Morata will come good.
So sayeth I.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:43 pm

And so it shall be :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:11 pm

Zealous wrote:
As for the whole tactical thing, a 4-4-2 really isn't very different from a 4-2-3-1. Castilla aren't playing a traditional English 4-4-2, their style is more dependant on build up play rather than stretching play with two wingers.

I would say that its the other way around actually. They push really hard with juanfran x carvajal on one side, and the new kid lucas and the LB on the left. They pass a bit more than the gorilla english style, but their midfield play is poor imo.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down