Lex
Messi
che
lszanto
Albiceleste
Amar
13 posters

Go down

Know Any Good Internet Security Software Empty Know Any Good Internet Security Software

Post by Amar Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:38 pm

The Kaspersky Total Security that I got with my laptop expired a month ago, and I've been using the 30 day free trial and now that's also expired.

I'm looking around for a free and effective security software just like Kaspersky.

Any suggestions?
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Know Any Good Internet Security Software Empty Re: Know Any Good Internet Security Software

Post by Albiceleste Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:40 pm

Microsoft Security Essentials.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Know Any Good Internet Security Software Empty Re: Know Any Good Internet Security Software

Post by lszanto Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:48 pm

Avast: http://www.avast.com/en-au/index
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:22 pm

i never had any issues with avg but trust me, even if you have to be hungry for a week do buy an antivirus

you can get a yearly eset smart security license (av + firewall) for like 40 pounds...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Messi Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:29 pm

avg
Messi
Messi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:29 pm

che wrote:i never had any issues with avg but trust me, even if you have to be hungry for a week do buy an antivirus

you can get a yearly eset smart security license (av + firewall) for like 40 pounds...

I'm on the flipside of this and disagree, that said I am very proficient on a computer so I don't worry.

My point of view is virus protection simply hinders and slows down a system thus wasting the valuable money I spent on hardware, via being careful/not downloading suspicious files i've been virus free for a good 5 years.

That said i'd recommend virus protection to every man and his dog.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:35 pm

lszanto wrote:via being careful/not downloading suspicious files i've been virus free for a good 5 years.

same here, but seeing as i'd be *bleep* without my computer i'd rather stay on the safe side of that one
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:50 pm

Avg, thought i find it suspect since it once found 0 virus', spy or adware, even after i visited the most sleazy, squashy sites out there
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by bazinga Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:02 pm

Microsoft Security Essentials is significantly better than the rabble that poses as free antivirus software these days.
bazinga
bazinga
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:30 pm

PANDA...
KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:33 pm

avast and avg bro
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:55 pm

No such thing as good, effective and FREE security software...

Trust me ,brah....bite the bullet and drop about 30-50 bucks on renewing that Kaspersky software...one of the best out there by the way.

You won't regret it as I think you already know.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:59 pm

i used KOMODO and ive got no complaints so far
im on the free trial but a family friend of ours who is a bit that way inclined made the trial last a year Smile
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:14 pm

I use Avast Antivirus coupled with KeyScrambler (latest ver) and a Cyberoam firewall

Back to top Go down

Post by gmos01 Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:21 pm

i wanted to know if there was any anti virus programs for my mac?? anyone? help! just in case..
gmos01
gmos01
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:23 pm

pay for Malwarebytes, it's a once off payment and worth 10 times the price. Then you can run any one of Avast, Avira or AVG, all free all do the job. I would say that AVG has become a bit bloated, Avira and avast are much lighter on system resources...
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:24 pm

Viruses aren't really made for Macs... You don't really need an anti virus. One of the few good points of a mac...
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by gmos01 Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:25 pm

wohoooo then!!! banana
gmos01
gmos01
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down