Lex
aford92
42 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Alex Oxlade Chamberlain - Page 3 Empty Re: Alex Oxlade Chamberlain

Post by Swanhends Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:24 pm

Ade wrote:One of the most technically sound English youngsters around :bow:

Thats not exactly a very high standard for a player to be held too...

"Most technically sound English youngster" is a really low bar to set

Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:48 pm

bhends wrote:

Technique :coffee: watch it......

people have forgotten who Wilshere is, just need to refresh their minds a bit... :coffee:

Last edited by RedEyesWhiteBeard on Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:12 pm

^^ lol McEachran is a brilliant prospect, Wilshere is a brilliant player so no McEchs is not better than everything Arsenal have produced in the last decade or whatever

Last edited by julias on Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:48 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
bhends wrote:

people have forgotten who Wilshere is, just need to refresh their minds a bit... :coffee:

you keep showing wilshire's video or talking bout the same game against barcelona to prove his quality as if he set up a lot of goals or scored himself when he wasnt that outstanding in the game,, and since when did one game make a player special.. is valdez the best striker around for scoring a brace against barca by that logic>?
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:54 pm

1) It's not just the result of one game
2) Since when did getting assists or scoring define a good game or a bad game for a player? Horrible way to judge a performance
3) The game does prove his quality; if you fail to see that then it's not anyone's problem
4) I don't even get why Wilshere was brought up....RedEyes, mind explaining the vid?
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:55 pm

diptiman wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
bhends wrote:

you keep showing wilshire's video or talking bout the same game against barcelona to prove his quality as if he set up a lot of goals or scored himself when he wasnt that outstanding in the game,, and since when did one game make a player special.. is valdez the best striker around for scoring a brace against barca by that logic>?

this is not one game, this ISSSS jack wilshere, this is what he did EVERY GAME, thats why he was our player of the season. oh and the video was only a response to show his technique not overrall ability. bhends was going on like there are no english players with very good technique. :coffee:
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:57 pm

Iceman wrote:1) It's not just the result of one game
2) Since when did getting assists or scoring define a good game or a bad game for a player? Horrible way to judge a performance
3) The game does prove his quality; if you fail to see that then it's not anyone's problem
4) I don't even get why Wilshere was brought up....RedEyes, mind explaining the vid?

i was just showing bhends that there are english players with very good technique, he seems to have forgotten. thats all :coffee:
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:01 pm

Iceman wrote:1) It's not just the result of one game

iam sorry but one game doesnt prove anyone's quality unless you have done it consistently over the past few games at least no matter who the game is against.. banega had a top game against barcelona recently.. he was bettering the best midfield in the world.. so that one game means he is the best midfielder in the world?
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:06 pm

Read point number one.

It can't get any simpler than that..
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:13 pm

Iceman wrote:Read point number one.

got it but i kinda forgot what we were arguing about.. i never doubted wilshire's quality ,just saying that red eyes shouldnt constantly keep bringing up the barca game every time to defend wilshire's ability.. if he has done so well in the other games why not bring all of them up instead of the same game time and again where he wasnt even that great
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gunner1987 Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:19 pm

diptiman wrote:

got it but i kinda forgot what we were arguing about.. i never doubted wilshire's quality ,just saying that red eyes shouldnt constantly keep bringing up the barca game every time to defend wilshire's ability.. if he has done so well in the other games why not bring all of them up instead of the same game time and again where he wasnt even that great

My guess would be that... well, it's Barcelona. Wilshere played amazing all season, however to BOSS the best midfield trio in the world (don't remember if they all played??) of Iniesta, Xavi, and Busquets.. That just highlights how outstanding he was and simply serves as the best example of Wilshere's season.

gunner1987
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:33 pm

gunner1987 wrote:
diptiman wrote:

My guess would be that... well, it's Barcelona. Wilshere played amazing all season, however to BOSS the best midfield trio in the world (don't remember if they all played??) of Iniesta, Xavi, and Busquets.. That just highlights how outstanding he was and simply serves as the best example of Wilshere's season.

thank you...what does he want me to do? show wilshere vs wigan?? smh......lol
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:30 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:McEachran hype by Chelsea fans is hilarious.What exactly he done apart from playing for Chelsea reserves?And considering the no of chelsea players graduated from their reserves in the last 20 years these performances for reserves are not even worth describing.

Its understandable they are desperate to see a youngster graduate through their academy but the way they are hyping him without McEachran doing anything even worth noting is really embarrassing.

You make it sound like Chelsea fans hype him and our other talented youngsters just because we want someone from our academy to be successful. That is not the case since if you watched him you would see that he is very comfortable with the ball and can become a successful creater from midfield. Obviously saying he's the best young English technical player or things like that without him having played continuous games is ridiculous though.

BTW I'm not sure whether you know or not but McEachran has played for the first team (17 appearances last season) and unfortunately the only thing that is keeping him from the first team is his lack of experience. It's unfortunate that we had to get Meireles at the very last minute, as he could have been loaned before. And since when does anyone care about performances for the Reserves? And even if you do count them, what has his performances for the Reserves got to do with how many players have graduated from our reserves into the first team? A talented player playing in the Reserves or first team can always be spotted out.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by gunner1987 Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:55 pm

You make it sound like Chelsea fans hype him and our other talented youngsters just because we want someone from our academy to be successful. That is not the case since if you watched him you would see that he is very comfortable with the ball and can become a successful creater from midfield. Obviously saying he's the best young English technical player or things like that without him having played continuous games is ridiculous though.

BTW I'm not sure whether you know or not but McEachran has played for the first team (17 appearances last season) and unfortunately the only thing that is keeping him from the first team is his lack of experience. It's unfortunate that we had to get Meireles at the very last minute, as he could have been loaned before. And since when does anyone care about performances for the Reserves? And even if you do count them, what has his performances for the Reserves got to do with how many players have graduated from our reserves into the first team? A talented player playing in the Reserves or first team can always be spotted out.

From what I have watched of McEachran, he has been outstanding. I think the hype is rightfully deserved- and you are right, it is too bad that he has not gained much experience in the first team. He needs to go out on loan- Wilshere had his transformation during his loan move, and look at him now. I'm sure it will be the same for McEachran. He needs to play week in, week out in the EPL to gain experience (obviously)

I think with McEachran, Wilshere, and Cleverly, England has a very bright future in midfield. Not to mention all the other young talent coming up... It will be interesting to see how each develop and play for the NT.

gunner1987
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:20 am

IMO th percpetion that chelsea cant produce youth products is only a half truth
i think over the last few years its been proven that chelseas system of taking kids (like 6-15yo) and developing them from that age to ~20yo has been great, when you look at players like Borini, Mancine, Scotty Sinclair, franco disanto, van anholt, bruma, kakuta, mcechran, rikaovic, cholobalah etc they have shown that through the grooimng nuturing etc of the chelsea youth academy they have developed the potential to at least become squad players for decent clubs (eg sinclar and borini and swansea or di santo at wigan) although the failing of chelsea is our intergration of these talents into the first team which is shocking ie malouda al LB over van anholt :facepalm:

IMO if we can start to intoroduce these youth products into out first team SAF style, the chelsea youth academy will become a highly successful one, but untill then its hard to rebut what lex and co have said
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:42 am

fatman123 wrote:IMO th percpetion that chelsea cant produce youth products is only a half truth
i think over the last few years its been proven that chelseas system of taking kids (like 6-15yo) and developing them from that age to ~20yo has been great, when you look at players like Borini, Mancine, Scotty Sinclair, franco disanto, van anholt, bruma, kakuta, mcechran, rikaovic, cholobalah etc they have shown that through the grooimng nuturing etc of the chelsea youth academy they have developed the potential to at least become squad players for decent clubs (eg sinclar and borini and swansea or di santo at wigan) although the failing of chelsea is our intergration of these talents into the first team which is shocking ie malouda al LB over van anholt :facepalm:

IMO if we can start to intoroduce these youth products into out first team SAF style, the chelsea youth academy will become a highly successful one, but untill then its hard to rebut what lex and co have said

I don't see the failure. I know you didn't think Sinclair and Borini should have left but even though Borini is said to be in good form for Roma, I do not think he was good enough for us. The only time I would regret having him left would be if he becomes a star in Seria A. Same with Mancienne, Di Santo and Rajkovic. You have to realize that not all players would make it into our squad and currently we have Aanholt, Bruma, McEachran, and Kakuta who could make it depending on how they perform at the club they are loaned to. Some players are just good players but not the ones cut out to perform at an exceptional level.

You mentioned Malouda starting over Aanholt but now Aanholt is playing continuously in the PL, which was the only thing holding him back as the club needs to see if he is good enough for the PL (especially his defending) and for him to gain experience.

There is still a chance for Kakuta but he is pretty inconsistent TBH. But Coyle should give him a league game by now.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:11 am

Ravel Morrison will make them both look like Sunday leaguer's :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:46 am

B-Mac MUFC wrote:Ravel Morrison will make them both look like Sunday leaguer's :coffee:

Razz

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:31 am

gunner1987 wrote:
diptiman wrote:

LOL.He had a good 20 min.Didnt boss anybody.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:49 pm

english_jewel wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:Ravel Morrison will make them both look like Sunday leaguer's :coffee:

Razz

Wowww Smile...
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:53 pm

english_jewel wrote:
fatman123 wrote:IMO th percpetion that chelsea cant produce youth products is only a half truth

I don't see the failure. I know you didn't think Sinclair and Borini should have left but even though Borini is said to be in good form for Roma, I do not think he was good enough for us. The only time I would regret having him left would be if he becomes a star in Seria A. Same with Mancienne, Di Santo and Rajkovic. You have to realize that not all players would make it into our squad and currently we have Aanholt, Bruma, McEachran, and Kakuta who could make it depending on how they perform at the club they are loaned to. Some players are just good players but not the ones cut out to perform at an exceptional level.

You mentioned Malouda starting over Aanholt but now Aanholt is playing continuously in the PL, which was the only thing holding him back as the club needs to see if he is good enough for the PL (especially his defending) and for him to gain experience.

There is still a chance for Kakuta but he is pretty inconsistent TBH. But Coyle should give him a league game by now.

How can you not see the failure, no body has gone right through the chelsea youth ranks and become a member of the first XI since JT! thats quite a problem, especially with FFP comming in
honestly i always liked Soncalir and Kakuta has never done anything special at first team level, hes got 0 goals and 1 assist and that came from a corner that he shanked and JT managed to get on the end of, tbh sinclair>kakuta and hes proved that at swansea, maybe hes not chelsea quality, but atm hes ticking alot more boxes then kakuta
and with malouda over PVA at LB this was towards the back end of the season, after that CL dead rubber vs Zilina when we played an all youth XI and everyone realised how good PVA was, that game was also after Betrand came on as a sub and got an assist within 5 or so mins and both players playing well in the FA/CC and reserves yet all this couldnt get either of them a start in a PL game when we had no first team LB available
and with Borini he was the PL reserves golden boot two or three seasons running, and answer me this, with a front three of malouda, anelka (both in sh*t form) and drogba playing with malaria, how did borini not even get a bench spot after scoring EIGHT goals in ONE reserve game earlier that week and being 100% fit and ready to go?
although i do understand and accept not every youth player can go on to become WC or near it how can we palm off borini, sinclair, mancine and jack cork (who was worht a shot IMO, one of burnleys best in their PL season) not get a chance in the first team, especially in the condidtions ive described above where the team was desperate for some new blood
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:00 am

and jewel at the end of the day sincalir>kalou, imo what he lacks in experience at the top level he wouldve made up in low wages, youth and much higher potential then kalou
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:32 pm

bump
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:49 pm

Had nothing on Walcott today
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:30 pm

He looked ok today, didn't he Twisted Evil
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:59 pm

Walcott used his pace very well today, constantly running in behind the defence and cutting the ball back. Chamberlain played with skill, dribbling, vision, involved in build up play and finishing off chances himself. Today highlighted what both players are capable of, and chamberlain clearly is capable of much much more, all comparisons are rendered void imo. Talent-wise they are in different ball parks
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next