buddytaller
Mr Nick09
ÖMARz
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Del Bosque plans to snub Perez Empty Del Bosque plans to snub Perez

Post by ÖMARz Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:16 pm

Spain coach Vicente del Bosque is planning to publicly snub Real Madrid president Florentino Perez, according to sports daily Marca on Wednesday.

The feud between Del Bosque and Perez, one of the most bitter and acrimonious in Spanish football, has divided Real Madrid fans for years, ever since Perez controversially decided not to keep Del Bosque on as Real's coach in 2003.

According to Marca, Del Bosque will not turn up to a ceremony on November 3 to receive the club's golden insignia from Perez, in a deliberate public snub to the controversial president.

Del Bosque was an elegant midfielder for Real from 1970 to 1984. He was then elevated from the club's youth sections to be first-team coach in 1999, and surprised practically everyone by leading the whites to two Champions Leagues, two Spanish Ligas and to the Club World Cup.

However, the only "madridista" not satisfied with Del Bosque was Perez, who wanted a more high-profile, charismatic and media-friendly coach than the understated, taciturn Del Bosque could ever be.

So Perez bizarrely showed Del Bosque the door - but then failed to find a satisfactory replacement. Perez went through five coaches from 2003 to 2006, as his expensive "Galactico" team degenerated into chaos and confusion.

In 2006 Perez abruptly resigned as club president, refusing to admit that he had erred in sacking Del Bosque. He returned to the presidency in 2009, with even more ambitious spending plans than before, but with no intention of taking back Del Bosque.

By then, Del Bosque had taken over from Luis Aragones as manager of Spain. He became a national hero in 2010 when he calmly guided La Roja to World Cup glory, receiving all manner of accolades - and even the title of marquis from King Juan Carlos.

Del Bosque has since become even more popular among Spaniards by leading Spain to the Euro 2012 finals with eight wins in eight games in qualifying Group I, culminating in a 3-1 exhibition against Scotland on Tuesday.

Opinion polls consistently show that Del Bosque is one of the most popular men in Spain, together with Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta - the man who scored the winning goal in the 2010 World Cup final.

With his habitual reserve and respect, Del Bosque has consistently refused to criticise Perez in public or comment on their feud.

Perez has come under massive pressure from the Real fans to give Del Bosque some kind of public recognition for his services to the club and to Spain.

Therefore, at the club's annual general assembly in September, Perez announced - somewhat reluctantly, to judge by his body language - that Del Bosque will be awarded the club's coveted golden insignia at a public ceremony on November 3, together with tennis star Rafael Nadal and opera singer Placido Domingo, both of whom are high-profile Real fans.

However, Marca revealed on Wednesday that Del Bosque has no intention of turning up on November 3, in what has been interpreted as a calculated public snub to Perez.

According to Marca, Del Bosque has two motives for this refusal.

On the one hand, he is apparently annoyed that Toni Grande, Javier Minano and Francisco Jimenez - his assistants when coach of Real, and now for Spain - have not also been awarded the insignia.

And secondly, Marca claimed that he feels Perez has given him the insignia with reluctance, bowing to public pressure, rather than for positive reasons.

Radio Marca commented on Wednesday that Del Bosque's absence on November 3 - Nadal and Domingo are apparently planning to attend - will make his feud with Perez "even more public and bitter".

Why cant everyone just hug,kiss and make up. confused confused confused

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Del Bosque plans to snub Perez Empty Re: Del Bosque plans to snub Perez

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:46 pm

Because life is not a fairy tale?

Perez did extremely wrong by Del Bosque and ruined us, im still bitter about it, i can't even imagine how Del Bosque felt in his pride as Madridista first and foremost.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:05 pm

He didn't fire Del Bosque, he just refused to extend his contract. Perez thought he wasn't the man to handle the big egos of los galacticos, on hind sight it was the wrong decision, but that unfortunately is the nature of the game, Rijkaard despite winning Barcelona their first trophy in six years and first Champions league in about 15 years was still fired by the management of Barcelona.

I guess Florentino has learnt his lessons and this time round has vowed to be more patient with his coaches (Pellegrini excluded). Del Bosque is still Madridista through and through, so it's just a matter of time till he returns to the club as one portfolio or the other.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:10 pm

The comparison to Rijkaard is a bit fallacious, simply in that Barcelona was changing cycle, and Rijkaard was clearly in conflict with many within the barca camp, players and staff alike. Del Bosque was rolling, handling the team beautifully, everything was perfect. But Perez had to play manager and Del Bosque was too big for that, so he had to hire a bunch a scrubs to manipulate them and have his ways.

The issue isnt that much in what decision Perez took, but the way he went about it. A professional coach can understand you do not want to extend him, but it's the way you bring it up that can cause conflict, and in this case, Perez and Del Bosque were/are clearly in one.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:18 pm

I dont believe in Marca,so i ll wait until Nov 3 to pass my judgement on this situation.Im pretty sure VDB will be there in the ceremony,after all its the club that is honoring him not perez.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:26 pm

It's quite similar actually, Rijkaard despite his faults had turned a trophyless, identityless, low in confidence Barcelona team into world beaters, he made players like Eto'o, Ronaldinho and Messi world class players, and even in his worst season, he was only narrowly knocked out by Manchester United in the Champions league semi-finals, despite outplaying them for much of the two-legged tie.

He already had plans of building his team around Iniesta and Messi and to some extent Bojan and Dos Santos. Ronaldinho after the 06/07 season had become a bit part player, and injuries to Deco had made Iniesta a sure starter in the team. Unfortunately for Rijkaard, Messi had a long term injury which kept him out for most of the season till their semi-final clash with United.

But the die was cast, despite his successes, Guardiola actually was able to better his project, he made Iniesta, Messi and Xavi move to another level, and won unprecedented number of trophies with the team.

Del Bosque was seen in a similar vein as Rijkaard, Perez thought he couldn't handle the big egos of Ronaldo, Figo, Beckham and Zidane. Had his replacement gone on to achieve unprecedented successes with the team, many wouldn't have regretted not extending his contract, the same way many Barcelona fans don't regret the sacking of Rijkaard.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:43 pm

There is a difference still. Rijkaard had reach a bit of a rupture point in barca, and if keeping him was still an option, it came natural to many that Barca decided to make the change.

A massive split happened between both men, i am not going to speculate on what happened, but i sure am taking Del Bosque' side.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:48 pm

Perez ruined Madrid starting in 2003... something we really haven't recovered from yet. Mou is trying to get the club back to football as opposed to acting like a corporation only. But Perez acting with sanity in terms of football for 1 year+ is in no way enough of a track record to trust him.

The only good things i have to say about him is that he's a good business man and he's better than Clownderon. But he should never, every get involved in the football operation aspect of Real Madrid again. He's a disaster there.

Del Bosque is completely justified in disliking Perez.

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:59 pm

Perez had anidea which ultimately backfired, he wanted to create an all star team with the biggest names on the planet, a team that would conquer the world and have a huge fanbase worldwide. The problem was that he did it with advice from people who new next to nothing about football, there's no guarantee that keeping Del Bosque would have brought la decima, but I think Perez acted in good faith though he failed in the long run.

He has surely learnt his lessons and has since given his absolute trust to Mourinho, whether he'll be second time lucky or not, we live to see, but from the look of things he's surely on the right track.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:08 pm

it happened about 7-10 years ago

whatever happened to forgive and forget
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:25 pm

What Perez did to Del Bosque was nothing short of disgraceful. Perez has done a lot of things for this club that can not be over stated but no one will forget what he did do Don Vicente.

Hopefully Del Bosque acts as the bigger man and accepts the award. I think we can all agree that Madridistas everywhere want to see the man honoured by the club in some way.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:27 pm

VDB fully deserves the award. It should accept it from Real Madrid and not Perez.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:51 pm

Like I've always said Perez is a traitor and a poor excuse for a man (great business man though). He deserves the snub! Having said that I do believe that like Hierro, VDB is a much bigger man and will show up to receive his award.

Perez needs to spend the rest of his career in repentance for the way he behaved towards Redondo, Macca, Hierro, VDB, Valdano and others. It is not the losing that pissed me off it was the cowardly way in which he behaved towards club icons. Men who bled white!
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:02 pm

Shamirr, Perez is Madridista through and through. He watched Di Stefano as a kid in the Bernabeu. He loves this club more than any of us combined. His influence on this club is just as large as the guys you mentioned (maybe even more). Perez bleeds white too.

He has his faults and I think getting rid of Don Vicente was epic fail but I have a feeling he has learnt from it. No need to rip him for that any more. He knows he made a mistake, which is why he is offering to bury the hatchet and awarding Del Bosque.

I hope Don Vicente accepts.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:16 pm

He looks like the better president this season, but he made a huge mistake. It's like Rosell sacking Pep in Barca now and selling Messi (for Barca). It's stupid and it costed us a possible great era.

I mean, you don't sack someone who has won you a CL :facepalm:
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:18 pm

Zealous wrote:Shamirr, Perez is Madridista through and through. He watched Di Stefano as a kid in the Bernabeu. He loves this club more than any of us combined. His influence on this club is just as large as the guys you mentioned (maybe even more). Perez bleeds white too.

He has his faults and I think getting rid of Don Vicente was epic fail but I have a feeling he has learnt from it. No need to rip him for that any more. He knows he made a mistake, which is why he is offering to bury the hatchet and awarding Del Bosque.

I hope Don Vicente accepts.

You can be a weak man and love this club. Real Madrid is an ideal more than anything else. It is for people who identify with the pursuit of absolute perfection, but chasing the dream does not absolve you of your sins.I know his history very well, I know he loves this club. Having said that the way he has behaved towards others has been appalling. TBH it's not even VDB that i'm most pissed about. It's Hierro. The man was Real Madrid, and Perez kicked him out the back door. The others are just extra straws on an already broken back.
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:36 pm

omarish wrote:He looks like the better president this season, but he made a huge mistake. It's like Rosell sacking Pep in Barca now and selling Messi (for Barca). It's stupid and it costed us a possible great era.

I agree with you. WhenVDB was let go I was fuming. I dind't understand. The most bizzarre decision was letting makelele go tbh. He was the fulcrum of that team, no surprise chelseas success where immediate when he went there. Immediately Perez did that I knew that he knew nothing about football. For those complaining that he is giving Mou too much power, tough luck, to beat this Barcelopna side Madrid needs to be controlled by a single entity. Hopefully he's learnt from his mistakes. Classless thing to do though and VDB has every right to do what he did. Ironically Perez's gretaest achievement is kickstarting Barcas recent sucess by not signing Ronaldinho. He became the architect of his own defeat.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:38 pm

Hierro left because of the Del Bosque thing. It's all connected.

Anyway I hope Del Bosque accepts it would reflect poorly on the club if he didn't.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:41 pm

jibers wrote:
omarish wrote:He looks like the better president this season, but he made a huge mistake. It's like Rosell sacking Pep in Barca now and selling Messi (for Barca). It's stupid and it costed us a possible great era.

I agree with you. WhenVDB was let go I was fuming. I dind't understand. The most bizzarre decision was letting makelele go tbh. He was the fulcrum of that team, no surprise chelseas success where immediate when he went there. Immediately Perez did that I knew that he knew nothing about football. For those complaining that he is giving Mou too much power, tough luck, to beat this Barcelopna side Madrid needs to be controlled by a single entity. Hopefully he's learnt from his mistakes. Classless thing to do though and VDB has every right to do what he did. Ironically Perez's gretaest achievement is kickstarting Barcas recent sucess by not signing Ronaldinho. He became the architect of his own defeat.

1. Perez wanted a more high profile coach. Epic fail basically.

2. People keep mentioning Makalele, he was great but Madrid didn't decline because they lost him. His influence is so over rated it's ridiculous. Had Del Bosque and Hierro stayed and only Makalele left nothing would have changed IMO.

3. Agree about not signing Dinho. But TBF Barca had the upper hand because of their Nike contacts (Rossell)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:42 pm

Del Bosque is a class act. When the NT won the Principe of Asturias award last year, he made a point of including Aragones in the celebration. Nothing but class. I really have my doubts about this MARCA story.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:42 pm

We would of won the UCL after Maka left if it had not been for injuries Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:44 pm

Yeah we were by faaaaaar the best team to watch directly after Del Bosque left but our epic fail meltdown towards the end of the season cost us dearly.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:50 pm

I think Hierro was approached when Valdano left the club, but he went to work with Malaga. It's connected, Z is right. They are still very bitter about the way Perez pushed them away from Madrid. But it's also true that he should accept it for Madrid, not for Perez.

As far as Perez being president, i can hardly imagine someone else running the club. From a pure economic perspective he is doing his job perfectly, payoff off our debts little by little, and making of us one of the most important sports franchise in the world. I think he is going to be around for a long time, Mourinho or not, he will be reelected. I think the Socios are smart enough to understand that Mourinho is a necessary "evil" so to speak, and we needed him in many respects.

Perez is a brilliant business, and he just keeps on caring for the club. Our new shirt deal coming up, the revamped Stadium, the alliance with Fly Emirates... the only thing lacking are proper Real Madrid dorms for our cantera.

I think he is coming to grasp with the idea that he must separate football and business, and put strong enough people to help the club on a sporting level. Whether we are sticking with the english style of manager or return to the Sporting Director + coach, there has to be a proper separation of powers, and strong enough egos on both end of the scale. Truth is, Valdano was not very powerful compared to Perez, and was still very much his butler.

If we manage to keep that balance moving forward, we will do just fine.

Last edited by St_Nick09_of_Goal on Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:59 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Del Bosque is a class act. When the NT won the Principe of Asturias award last year, he made a point of including Aragones in the celebration. Nothing but class. I really have my doubts about this MARCA story.
QFT

Marca?? More like Barca. Mad
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:07 pm

Barca is pronounced Barka? Razz