Italy beat Mexico for Toulon third

Go down

Italy beat Mexico for Toulon third Empty Italy beat Mexico for Toulon third

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:50 pm

Italy got the bronze medal in the Toulon Tournament by beating Mexico on penalties.

Ciro Ferrara’s Under-21 side had lost the semi-final 1-0 to hosts France, so battled it out for third place with the Central Americans.

Guarch had given the Mexicans the lead after 32 minutes, then Inter-owned Genoa striker Mattia Destro equalised at the dawn of the second half.

The tie was all square and went to penalties, where Italy emerged victorious 6-5 in a shoot-out.

“It was a very positive tournament for us,” insisted Ferrara. “We acted like a real team. The only thing we got wrong was the first half against Mexico, but for the rest I got good signs in terms of effort, caring about the Azzurri shirt and the style of football.

“I managed to get everyone to play, but also I had the opportunity to spend 15 days with this squad, so got to know them better. This time together will improve the strength of the side.”

Back to top Go down

Italy beat Mexico for Toulon third Empty Re: Italy beat Mexico for Toulon third

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:39 pm

Cirro please make us proud.You didnt succeed in Juve please make it there ! Very Happy What a Face
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down