Who has the best first touch in the team?

+19
alexjanosik
clemmonsjs
JAY-Z
billionmillion
Deathrow898
billy_gr
CBarca
The Franchise
FennecFox7
BarcaKizz
ChollaVille
jibers
Pedram
Mamad
RealGunner
Arquitecto
harhar11
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BarrileteCosmico
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who has... ?

Who has the best first touch in the team? - Page 2 Vote_lcap36%Who has the best first touch in the team? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 9 ]
Who has the best first touch in the team? - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Who has the best first touch in the team? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 4 ]
Who has the best first touch in the team? - Page 2 Vote_lcap48%Who has the best first touch in the team? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 48% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 25

Who has the best first touch in the team? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who has the best first touch in the team?

Post by harhar11 Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:00 pm

Didn't Xavi and Guardiola say that Busquets was the best one touch passer and not the player with the best first touch?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Who has the best first touch in the team? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who has the best first touch in the team?

Post by clemmonsjs Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:11 pm

harhar11 wrote:Didn't Xavi and Guardiola say that Busquets was the best one touch passer and not the player with the best first touch?

I think Guardiola said best touch and Xavi said: "Look at [Sergio] Busquets – the best midfielder there is playing one-touch. He doesn't need more. He controls, looks and passes in one touch."

Which is basically my answer: he has the best first touch...in the sense that all he does is touch the ball once. There is nobody like him in the world.

clemmonsjs
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:30 pm

Sometimes I think its Iniesta.Others I think its Messi.
But really its Xavi who has the best touch.
I have seen Messi miscontrol the ball a few times this season.I have seen Iniesta miscontrol.
Dont think I have seen Xavi miscontrol the ball.And its staggering considering the number of touches he has per game.And not all of them are simple.Some are ridiculously hard.A couple against Valencia and Atletico come to mind.
Xavi imo has the best touch.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:18 pm

I'm saying messi because he has much more pressure and man markers then xavi or iniesta
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:34 am

RealGunner wrote:Iniesta for me

Agreed. I think not just in our team but Iniesta has the best first touch in the world. Messi is very close - after all what is he not good at!!!

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:33 pm

messixaviesta wrote:

Agreed. I think not just in our team but Iniesta has the best first touch in the world. Messi is very close - after all what is he not good at!!!

I think Berbatov deserves a mention as well.
The Barca trio and Berbatov can all be said to have the best first touch in the world.
A case can be made for any of the four to have the best first touch.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 88844452999 Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:11 pm

messi has an amazing 1st touch but iniesta takes this one
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:35 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:

The Barca trio and Berbatov can all be said to have the best first touch in the world.
A case can be made for any of the four to have the best first touch.
Berbatov? Suspect Ibra imo is better then him in that aspect.
CR7 also has quite a good first touch
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ijomer Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:38 am

Iniesta ofcourse, he back cuts it sometimes which is lovely
ijomer
ijomer
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:54 am

alexjanosik wrote:

Since you mention Berbatov, wasn't going to ManUtd a mistake on his part? Then not moving this summer was incredulous. I have heard that he wants a free transfer option next summer but to waste a year of your career at his age is too much. He really should have been in Serie A or even in La Liga and would have made a much bigger name for himself I think.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:13 am

Iniesta is the best imo, he doesn't favour any foot in regard to ball controll.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:36 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:

Since you mention Berbatov, wasn't going to ManUtd a mistake on his part? Then not moving this summer was incredulous. I have heard that he wants a free transfer option next summer but to waste a year of your career at his age is too much. He really should have been in Serie A or even in La Liga and would have made a much bigger name for himself I think.

Yes it was a mistake.It seems kind of obvious now.United are a counter attacking team that rely on wingplay.
He is a technical genius who kind of lazes around the pitch.
He should have come to La Liga or Serie A.Would have been perfect.
Its a shame he never fully realized his potential.Could have been one of the best players in the world.An absolute joy to watch as well.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:17 pm

I've seen iniesta misplace a few first touches though
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:31 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
Yes it was a mistake.It seems kind of obvious now.United are a counter attacking team that rely on wingplay.
He is a technical genius who kind of lazes around the pitch.
He should have come to La Liga or Serie A.Would have been perfect.
Its a shame he never fully realized his potential.Could have been one of the best players in the world.An absolute joy to watch as well.

Well said alex. As you say it's a pity.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:09 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:His name is Xavi Hernandez.

By a nautical mile
Really? You think the difference is that big? How do you back that up?

In my opinion it's very close between all three.

I'm sorry Alfred as I should have known my words disrespect the contenders who are great in their own respect.

But I will elaborate?

Why Xavi? Because I have seen Iniesta and Messi fumble touches, and touches also that Xavi nails down.

Adding on to that. I have never seen a single bad touch by Xavi. not once.

Adding onto that as well, I have never seen touches from Iniesta and Messi that in the near impossible spectrum that Xavi has done.

Example: There was once instance in the Valencia-Barca match where Xavi controlled an airball at a considerable velocity and he just brought it down from nothing.

Plus, i consider Pirlo with the 2nd best touch imo but Iniesta and Messi being arguable in this case.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:56 pm

Arquitecto wrote:

I'm sorry Alfred as I should have known my words disrespect the contenders who are great in their own respect.

But I will elaborate?

Why Xavi? Because I have seen Iniesta and Messi fumble touches, and touches also that Xavi nails down.

Adding onto that as well, I have never seen touches from Iniesta and Messi that in the near impossible spectrum that Xavi has done.

Example: There was once instance in the Valencia-Barca match where Xavi controlled an airball at a considerable velocity and he just brought it down from nothing.

Plus, i consider Pirlo with the 2nd best touch imo but Iniesta and Messi being arguable in this case.

Are you talking about this one?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:39 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Why Xavi? Because I have seen Iniesta and Messi fumble touches, and touches also that Xavi nails down.

That being said Xavi does have the benefit of playing deeper in the pitch than Messiesta, so it's only natural his success rate is higher since he doesn't have as much pressure. I feel like you're not really accounting for that in your assessment.

That being said it might be Xavi. I voted for Iniesta but I'm still largely undecided.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:45 am

Arquitecto wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:His name is Xavi Hernandez.

By a nautical mile
Really? You think the difference is that big? How do you back that up?

In my opinion it's very close between all three.

But I will elaborate?

The exact same reason I have voted for him as well.The guy never ever mis controls a ball.And thats ridiculous considering the number of touches he has per game.
I think this season he has made an average of 122 passes per game.
And yet I have not seen one poor touch.Not one.
Thats what makes him the best for me.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2