Albiceleste
BarrileteCosmico
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Crespo: Higuain is my heir - Page 2 Empty Re: Crespo: Higuain is my heir

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:55 pm

jiopsi wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:It's not like he's the second highest goalscorer in argentina's history Crespo: Higuain is my heir - Page 2 1625187496
Or didn't win one notable tournament with Argentina.

Neither did Messi, and your point Crespo: Higuain is my heir - Page 2 2238782717

Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:09 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:It's not like he's the second highest goalscorer in argentina's history Crespo: Higuain is my heir - Page 2 1625187496

Neither did Messi, and your point Crespo: Higuain is my heir - Page 2 2238782717
What Messi has got to do with this? We talking Higuain and Crespo here, aren't we?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:16 pm

jiopsi wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
jiopsi wrote:

What Messi has got to do with this? We talking Higuain and Crespo here, aren't we?

You said Crespo didn't win any notable tournament with Argentina as a response for BC responding against someone who was bashing Crespo, which means you were bashing Crespo for not having a trophy with Argentina.

Both of us know Messi does not have a notable trophy with Argentina but still plays great for them. Which means it means jack-shit that Crespo does not have trophy.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:22 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
jiopsi wrote:

You said Crespo didn't win any notable tournament with Argentina as a response for BC responding against someone who was bashing Crespo, which means you were bashing Crespo for not having a trophy with Argentina.

Both of us know Messi does not have a notable trophy with Argentina but still plays great for them. Which means it means jack-shit that Crespo does not have trophy.
Lol, take a pill or something. So what if I'm bashing Crespo, it's still highly comparable to Higuain, aren't it?

Messi has matched or surpassed Maradona already on national youth level and has time to match him on the mens level.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:27 pm

jiopsi wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
jiopsi wrote:

Lol, take a pill or something. So what if I'm bashing Crespo, it's still highly comparable to Higuain, aren't it?

Messi has matched or surpassed Maradona already on national youth level and has time to match him on the mens level.

It is that you are bashing him on a completely irrelevant statistic, that of team accomplishment. Bash him as you will, but use the correct criteria.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:31 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
jiopsi wrote:

It is that you are bashing him on a completely irrelevant statistic, that of team accomplishment. Bash him as you will, but use the correct criteria.
That is, so the goals never are team accomplishments?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:36 pm

jiopsi wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
jiopsi wrote:

Even tap-ins require a certain skill, and Crespo is certainly not a tap in only guy.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:38 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
jiopsi wrote:

Even tap-ins require a certain skill, and Crespo is certainly not a tap in only guy.
Now that's an irrelevant argument.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:42 pm

jiopsi wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
jiopsi wrote:

You said aren't goals a team achievement, which is true, however it does not mean that scoring the goal is a team achievement.

Therefore using goals as a rating for a striker makes more sense than using trophies.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:45 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
jiopsi wrote:

You said aren't goals a team achievement, which is true, however it does not mean that scoring the goal is a team achievement.

Therefore using goals as a rating for a striker makes more sense than using trophies.
Comparing the scored goals in completely different enviroments make as much sense as comparing team achievements.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:49 pm

Not rally, since you assume the environments of both sets of goals are going to be averaged into similar environments.

What you get is not that Crespo is as good as Batistuta, but that Crespo is a decent striker.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:57 pm

Yeah ok, lol. My point still was, like Giovanni's, Crespo should not have heir, it should be Batistuta's heir or Kempes's.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:00 pm

jiopsi wrote:Yeah ok, lol. My point still was, like Giovanni's, Crespo should not have heir, it should be Batistuta's heir or Kempes's.

I don't think he meant it as if he is in the same breath as those greats, but more like someone who is a number 9 striker like he was.

Argentina did not have a pure striker for a while now, not since he retired. If he meant it like Higuain now does what was my job then he is right. But he is not in the same level with Batistuta and Kempes. Still a really good striker though.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:07 pm

Well I agree, don't really understand why did you have to argue about it though?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:26 pm

jiopsi wrote:Well I agree, don't really understand why did you have to argue about it though?

I didn't, I just noted that trophies don't make a good indicator of a player's abilities.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:40 pm

And I noted that Crespo doesn't need heir, and nothing changed.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:20 am

jiopsi wrote:And I noted that Crespo doesn't need heir, and nothing changed.

I think Argentina do need a pure striker though.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:29 am

To be fair, I think the word Crespo actually used was successor, not heir.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2