Rossoneri Ninja
shinkikai
Milantildeath
DRK
Forza
c_bernard10
10 posters

Go down

AC Milan’s Adriano Galliani hints at signing Juventus star Alessandro Del Piero Empty AC Milan’s Adriano Galliani hints at signing Juventus star Alessandro Del Piero

Post by c_bernard10 Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:25 am

The Rossoneri VP has revealed that he tried to recruit the Italian legend from Padova in 1993 and keeps the door open for a switch at the end of the 2011-12 season
AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has given a hint that the Rossoneri could try to sign forward Alessandro Del Piero next summer.

Del Piero’s current contract with Juventus runs out at the end of the season and the Turin giants have announced that they will not renew his deal thereafter.
The 36-year-old has yet to confirm whether he will retire from football altogether in 2012, and Galliani has suggested that should the former Italy international decide to continue carry on playing, then Milan could make an approach for his services.

“Is it never too late? I have learned to define players as talented or mediocre, not young or old,” he told Sky Sport Italia. “I always prefer a talent to a youngster.

“After all, many of our stars like Paolo Maldini and Billy Costacurta retired at 40. Pippo Inzaghi is 38 and still playing for us.”

Galliani also revealed that Milan had tried to sign Del Piero from Padova in 1993 just before he made the switch to Turin where he has been playing for Juventus since.

“We nearly signed Del Piero in 1993 and failing to do that remains one of the great regrets of my career,” admitted the 67-year-old.

“The fact remains that before he went to Juve, Milan were interested in the player.”

Del Piero has made over 450 appearances for the Old Lady, scoring over 200 goals, and has won Serie A five times and the Champions League once among other honours.

c_bernard10
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

AC Milan’s Adriano Galliani hints at signing Juventus star Alessandro Del Piero Empty Re: AC Milan’s Adriano Galliani hints at signing Juventus star Alessandro Del Piero

Post by Forza Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:53 am

This would be bad for both clubs.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

AC Milan’s Adriano Galliani hints at signing Juventus star Alessandro Del Piero Empty Re: AC Milan’s Adriano Galliani hints at signing Juventus star Alessandro Del Piero

Post by DRK Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:57 am

I don't see it happening
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:01 am

Ah, now I understand... it's just some typical Goal.com trash
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:08 am

Oh there we go, of course it came from goal.com
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:47 am

The original ITALIAN source was just talking about how they were interested when Del Piero was just a young lad, not now.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shinkikai Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:10 am

i really do hope this is not true at all. because if it really happens, what about the rejuvenation on the squad...dumping Pirlo because he's not getting younger..and all of the sudden we get another old man...no disrespect to ADP at all... in fact, he's one of my favorite players who's not playing for Milan.

but this better be a crap from goal.com
shinkikai
shinkikai
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:12 am

Rubbish report, Galliani is just making a joke..
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:44 pm

crap... No way in hell it's gonna happen
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:51 pm

ADP said he won't wear another italian jersey and I hope and beg god this won't happen ...

I know it wont :d
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:56 pm

It's just goal manipulating a quote as Milantildeath pointed out, not to mention the fact that if it's one thing we have in abundance, it's second strikers.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:58 pm

dostoevsky wrote:It's just goal manipulating a quote as Milantildeath pointed out, not to mention the fact that if it's one thing we have in abundance, it's second strikers.

Well, Berlusconi did offer him a contract [illegally :coffee:] by going into the Juventus dressing room last year, so it is evidenced that Milan do indeed have a desire to sign the legendary capitano.

JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:33 am

I could see Del Piero following in the footsteps of Beckham, Henry, Marques etc and going to MLS. I don't know much about that league though to say where he would play. I'd assume somewhere that is a good retirement place.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:49 am

Milantildeath wrote:I could see Del Piero following in the footsteps of Beckham, Henry, Marques etc and going to MLS. I don't know much about that league though to say where he would play. I'd assume somewhere that is a good retirement place.

Yeah, the incentives for an MLS club to sign him and for him to go there would be huge. Everybody knows Del Piero.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:21 am

He would come at a premium, so I suspect most likely a team like the LA Galaxy or NY Red Bulls would take him. A team that has a lot of money and a good marketability factor.

He has turned down the MLS before, so who knows. He would be a God nonetheless.

But I do not want him anywhere but Juventus Sad.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:42 am

The other option is that Juve or the NT will offer him a job in some sort of coaching or other capacity.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:07 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:The other option is that Juve or the NT will offer him a job in some sort of coaching or other capacity.

Reckon Juventus will. Nedved got one, I would love to see Del Piero working with the youth players. He has a lot to give and he would be with the team he loves<3.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:03 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Forza Rossoneri wrote:The other option is that Juve or the NT will offer him a job in some sort of coaching or other capacity.

Reckon Juventus will. Nedved got one, I would love to see Del Piero working with the youth players. He has a lot to give and he would be with the team he loves<3.

Ah, Nedved, what a legendary player. He was the best in the world in the '03-'04 CL.
That was a great year for Milan.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:11 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:

Ah, Nedved, what a legendary player. He was the best in the world in the '03-'04 CL.
That was a great year for Milan.

Juventus probably would have won had he not been out of CL. Honestly such a shame he went without a CL during his career.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum