‘Conte is right man for Juve’

+2
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
DeviAngel
6 posters

Go down

‘Conte is right man for Juve’  Empty ‘Conte is right man for Juve’

Post by DeviAngel Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:55 pm

Juventus director general Beppe Marotta is convinced that Antonio Conte is the right man to lead the club into the Champions League.

Although the Old Lady lost top spot this weekend after a 2-2 draw with Genoa, Marotta has backed the summer arrival to succeed at the club that he once captained as a player.

“I knew that Genoa would make things difficult for us, but at 2-1 I thought we’d be able to seal victory,” Marotta told Juventus Channel.

“There’s bitterness at the draw, but it isn’t depression. We’re still in a transitional stage of the season. Following the victory against Milan perhaps some thought that the Genoa game would be easier.

“Conte arrived this year, together with many new players. The Coach’s work has begun with different tactical plans and it takes time for a new group to blend in.

“Conte has created a different culture from the recent past and there’s satisfaction over his work. He needs to develop the resources that are available to him, but we’re ready to plug any possible gaps.

“We’ve still got some habits from last year to get rid of. But Conte is able to achieve this thanks to his work.”

Juve did start well under Conte, but, although unbeaten, they’ve drawn four of their last five games.

“Saturday night’s game was one of certain episodes and incidents, it won’t be like last year where results were up and down from the very beginning,” Marotta added.

“Conte has fundamental characteristics, the sense of belonging, he knows what Juventus is all about, he always looks to win, he’s got a great desire to do his work and manages to drum the right tactical mentality into his players.

“The tactician’s work is bringing what we’d hoped.”

After finishing the last two campaigns in seventh place, the Turin director believes that the side can improve significantly this time around.

“The championship is very balanced,” he added. “The word ‘Scudetto’ forms part of Juve’s vocabulary, therefore it’s always a target to reach.

“The objective is to finish in the top three, therefore you’re also fighting for something important. We face every game with the aim of winning.

“The big teams' target is to fight for the title, but in this race other teams can participate, such as Udinese who play second fiddle to the others only on paper.”

Udinese now lead the standings on their own. Juventus face Fiorentina in Serie A on Tuesday evening.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

‘Conte is right man for Juve’  Empty Re: ‘Conte is right man for Juve’

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:56 pm

:facepalm:

FIXED.

Last edited by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:59 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Yes Conte is, but Marotta, you're NOT the right man for the job if you ask me.

we agreed on something ? msn !
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:09 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Yes Conte is, but Marotta, you're NOT the right man for the job if you ask me.

we agreed on something ? msn !

Oh right. :facepalm:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alvin89er Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:00 pm

Neither are right for the job. Fagotta constantly signs shit players, whilst conte is a second division coach who has proven *bleep* all. It will be another wasted/faliure season, Again................... Great job these guys are doing, there clearly the "right" people for the job :facepalm:

Last edited by Alvin89er on Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alvin89er
Alvin89er
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by tareks Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:01 pm

DeviAngel wrote:Juventus director general Beppe Marotta is convinced that Antonio Conte is the right man to lead the club into the Champions League.

Although the Old Lady lost top spot this weekend after a 2-2 draw with Genoa, Marotta has backed the summer arrival to succeed at the club that he once captained as a player.

“I knew that Genoa would make things difficult for us, but at 2-1 I thought we’d be able to seal victory,” Marotta told Juventus Channel.

“There’s bitterness at the draw, but it isn’t depression. We’re still in a transitional stage of the season. Following the victory against Milan perhaps some thought that the Genoa game would be easier.

“Conte arrived this year, together with many new players. The Coach’s work has begun with different tactical plans and it takes time for a new group to blend in.

“Conte has created a different culture from the recent past and there’s satisfaction over his work. He needs to develop the resources that are available to him, but we’re ready to plug any possible gaps.

“We’ve still got some habits from last year to get rid of. But Conte is able to achieve this thanks to his work.”

Juve did start well under Conte, but, although unbeaten, they’ve drawn four of their last five games.

“Saturday night’s game was one of certain episodes and incidents, it won’t be like last year where results were up and down from the very beginning,” Marotta added.

“Conte has fundamental characteristics, the sense of belonging, he knows what Juventus is all about, he always looks to win, he’s got a great desire to do his work and manages to drum the right tactical mentality into his players.

“The tactician’s work is bringing what we’d hoped.”

After finishing the last two campaigns in seventh place, the Turin director believes that the side can improve significantly this time around.

“The championship is very balanced,” he added. “The word ‘Scudetto’ forms part of Juve’s vocabulary, therefore it’s always a target to reach.

“The objective is to finish in the top three
, therefore you’re also fighting for something important. We face every game with the aim of winning.

The big teams' target is to fight for the title, but in this race other teams can participate, such as Udinese who play second fiddle to the others only on paper.”

Udinese now lead the standings on their own. Juventus face Fiorentina in Serie A on Tuesday evening.

Did he told Conte about this! scratch
tareks
tareks
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:03 pm

What worries me is looking at how much Juventus has spent over the past 2 seasons, and then looking at the lack of star players in the team.

Without restarting the debate, one of Rossi or Aguero really would've helped our cause.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Alvin89er Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:08 pm

TomJuve wrote:What worries me is looking at how much Juventus has spent over the past 2 seasons, and then looking at the lack of star players in the team.

Without restarting the debate, one of Rossi or Aguero really would've helped our cause.

Exactly my point Thumbs up

Rossi is not a "star" player though, he's more oe less on the level as a vucunic/quag type player i.e. not a world class player. Aguero is clearly the real deal though. Hopefully the club will be forced to sign a world class player when ADP retires, since they clearly don't know how to sign any decent players :facepalm: One of jovetic/Higuain/Hazard i would personally sign, or two from those players.

A 10# ADP type player - Jovetic/Hazard

And a 9# Trezeguet type player - Higuain

Last edited by Alvin89er on Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Alvin89er
Alvin89er
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Alvin89er Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:10 pm

Alvin89er wrote:
TomJuve wrote:What worries me is looking at how much Juventus has spent over the past 2 seasons, and then looking at the lack of star players in the team.

Exactly my point Thumbs up

Rossi is not a "star" player though, he's more oe less on the level as a vucunic/quag type player i.e. not a world class player. Aguero is clearly the real deal though. Hopefully the club will be forced to sign a world class player when ADP retires, since they clearly don't know how to sign any decent players :facepalm: One of jovetic/Higuain/Hazard i would sign personally, or two.

Alvin89er
Alvin89er
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:30 pm

Higuain and Hazard, yes please.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Alvin89er Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:49 pm

TomJuve wrote:Higuain and Hazard, yes please.

Thumbs up Very Happy
Alvin89er
Alvin89er
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:06 pm

That would be deadly (Higuain and Hazard)
If Marotta and Conte bring Juventus back to the champions league they've done an ok job, nothing special, nothing noteworthy but an ok job.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum