conte: quagliarella has to shine in training

5 posters

Go down

conte: quagliarella has to shine in training Empty conte: quagliarella has to shine in training

Post by inderbaby Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:05 pm

Juventus coach Antonio Conte has revealed that he is a keen admirer of Fabio Quagliarella, but added that the forward will have to prove his worth on the training pitch if he is to break into the starting XI.

The 28-year-old joined the Turin side from Napoli on loan in the summer of 2010 and impressed in his first six months at the club.

A knee injury kept him out of action for the second half of the season, but this did not stop Juventus from making his stay at the club permanent ahead of the 2011-12 campaign.

However, the striker has struggled for regular first-team action so far this season, and Conte has explained that he needs to see more from Quagliarella on the training ground before electing to play him from the start.

"I’m a big fan of his and believe he can give us an important step up in quality. He just needs to give me the opportunity of saying: 'This week he’s been the best, I'll pick him.' When this happens, he'll play.

"He's come back from a nasty injury, which I'm fully aware of having experienced a similar injury myself."

Quagliarella has made only one Serie A appearance so far this term.

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

conte: quagliarella has to shine in training Empty Re: conte: quagliarella has to shine in training

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:09 pm

But Vucinic flopped the past 2 games, surely Quag wasn't doing that bad in training to be below him for tonights game?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

conte: quagliarella has to shine in training Empty Re: conte: quagliarella has to shine in training

Post by tareks Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:11 pm

Just coudn't believe this excuse Crying or Very sad
tareks
tareks
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:12 pm

Well I guess Conte wants to see that real blood and sweat style attitude in training if he is gonna pick you! Maybe that's why Elia has not played too!

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:14 pm

That could be the case. But once again, Vucinic is far from energetic. Quags will be working harder than him no doubt.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by tareks Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:33 pm

TomJuve wrote:That could be the case. But once again, Vucinic is far from energetic. Quags will be working harder than him no doubt.

+100000000
tareks
tareks
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:34 pm

:facepalm:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:43 pm

Quags on one leg is better than Vucinic. I think Conte is a racist, he just doesn't like Italian players quite frankly...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:41 pm

Maybe Conte just hates players who's surname begins with the letter "Q"

Think about it. What other Q letter surnamed players has Conte played in Juve?

Yeah, that's what I thought. None. Case closed :shisha:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by tareks Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:05 am

Btw guys,I have some question related to this,I was watching the game on Al Jazeera,& the commentator said that Marotta said in an interview that "Vucinic is too lazy,he doesn't care that much,& he should work much better on the field & run all the time!"

Anyone heard about this interview?

Plus anyone have listened to Alex on Rai3 or some channel after the game?If so,what did he said?
tareks
tareks
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum