The Franchise
alexjanosik
CBarca
BarcaKizz
BarrileteCosmico
Albiceleste
15 posters

Go down

Who should be taking our free kicks? Empty Who should be taking our free kicks?

Post by Albiceleste Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:04 pm

We have a few players in the team that can take free kicks from different angles/distances, but who should be our main free kick takers?

imo, from 20-27 yards Xavi because his freekicks are not powerful enough to beat the keeper from distance usually, 28-34 yards Messi, he is getting better and better at free kicks it seems, 35+ yards Villa has a great shot and as we saw vs Milan can score from distance.

Alves can score free kicks as well from distance, he has before with Brazil and Sevilla.

Thiago also scored a wonder freekick in a youth tournament very recently, I'm not sure if he is consistently good at them though.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Who should be taking our free kicks? Empty Re: Who should be taking our free kicks?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:40 pm

Messi has shown great improvement in the area and I'd like him to continue doing them.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Who should be taking our free kicks? Empty Re: Who should be taking our free kicks?

Post by BarcaKizz Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:15 am

Short-left: Xavi, Villa
Short-Central: Xavi, Messi, Villa
Short-Right: Messi, Xavi, Villa
Long-left: Villa, Alves
Long-right: Messi, Alves
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:20 am

Honestly I don't know why we never let Villa have a go at them, or rarely, I mean.

He's shown to have good free kick taking skills during his Valencia days...or, decent, at least.

But Xavi, Messi, Villa the main 3, and Alves for really long ones.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:50 am

Messi.He is getting closer and closer.I think its just a matter of time before they start going in.
Xavi-Its just a mystery why he isnt excellent at them.He hits the occasional one but just doesnt hit the target enough.
I think if you put a man on the top corner of the net(left or right) and asked him to find him,Xavi would place the ball at his feet 10 times out of 10.
Just the mentality I suppose.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:38 pm

Messi I believe, he is getting very dangerous.

Surprised Villa doesnt get more chances, I think he is very dangerous.

But its strange, just like Henry, he never got many chances either despite showing ability with previous clubs.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:38 pm

villa :shisha:
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:05 pm

Messi
he gets one of the best at it. from right its more comfortable for him but surprisingly from left he became more dangerous (scored a goal, scored another goal but disallowed, hit the bar twice)

from very long distances i would take villa not alves. villa's accuracy is better
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:49 pm

david villa knocked out inter milan with his freekicks ffs.. messi can practice in training and once he gets better he can start taking them.. will get better when he matures more with age.. can iniesta take freekicks? crazy thought
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:51 pm

billionmillion wrote:Messi
he gets one of the best at it. from right its more comfortable for him but surprisingly from left he became more dangerous (scored a goal, scored another goal but disallowed, hit the bar twice)

from very long distances i would take villa not alves. villa's accuracy is better

agree Smile
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:06 pm

Villa hit that really good one against us earlier this year, although it was against us I was still impressed
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:04 am

Villa should take some free-kicks i do agree.. But Messi has been hitting them great, most on them are on target/dangerous. he just needs some time & luck.. i'm sure within 1 or 2 years he will be one of the best at free-kicks also!! just wait & watch lol!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:26 am

Xavi Messi Villa.... in that order
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:47 pm

Hitting a free kick is different then hitting a pass alex. Look at CR, great freekick taker, not going to talk about his passing, let alone his long passing compared to xavi
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:40 pm

Messi almost scored from one but the keeper made a great save today.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamdyman Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:24 am

As my first post id like to firstly say hello to all the gang here!!
Now on to the point, the way i see it is , Left Short range = Xavi, Central Short range = Messi, Right Short range = Messi, all long ranges = Alvez except the real far left, could try any of the other 2 or David villa. Messi has the best accuracy but is a little short on luck this and the past season, he almost always seems to get his free kicks very close to "perfection" just not the actual "perfection. hmm
Hamdyman
Hamdyman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:21 am

Messi is probably only player that comes close everytime..i think 90% of his free kicks goes on target (as 90% of his shoots goes on target from open play). accuracy bro accuracy
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:32 am

I know Alves has done a few for Brazil, but I can't remember the last time he was even close for Barca...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:03 am

Accuracy is one thing, beating the keeper is another. I don't think Messi is quite there yet. Villa and Xavi should still share it a bit with him. However, Messi is also a freak and in no time he'll be one of the best fk takers around I'm sure.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:32 pm

he has good accuracy but not enough venom on his shots (messi)
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:03 am

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:32 am

I'd give them to Villa TBH.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:35 am

Lionel Messi wrote:

I like the way he hits them, but it only works in certain positions.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:11 am

Messi continues to improve but he's not good enough to take all of them yet. For FKs it doesn't matter how many come close, but how many go in. I think it makes him look better at them the fact that he almost scores so often, but his rate of success isn't amazing yet. I'm sure Xavi's is just as good, and I would say Villa's is better. However, as I've said before... the freak will continue to improve and score more and more. He doesn't need every one to improve though, there is training as well.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum