FennecFox7
BarrileteCosmico
alexjanosik
Jonathan28
jontsu
Khaled
13 posters

Go down

Shortlists for the FIFA Ballon d’Or gala 2011 Empty Shortlists for the FIFA Ballon d’Or gala 2011

Post by Khaled Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:24 pm

Shortlists for the FIFA Ballon d’Or gala 2011

The following 23 men (in alphabetical order) are in contention for the FIFA Ballon d’Or 2011:

Éric Abidal (France), Sergio Agüero (Argentina), Karim Benzema (France), Iker Casillas (Spain), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Dani Alves (Brazil), Samuel Eto’o (Cameroon), Cesc Fàbregas (Spain), Diego Forlán (Uruguay), Andrés Iniesta (Spain), Lionel Messi (Argentina), Thomas Müller (Germany), Nani (Portugal), Neymar (Brazil), Mesut Özil (Germany), Gerard Piqué (Spain), Wayne Rooney (England), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Germany), Wesley Sneijder (Netherlands), Luis Suárez (Uruguay), David Villa (Spain), Xabi Alonso (Spain), Xavi (Spain).

http://www.fifa.com/ballondor/media/newsid=1535258/index.html
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Shortlists for the FIFA Ballon d’Or gala 2011 Empty Re: Shortlists for the FIFA Ballon d’Or gala 2011

Post by Khaled Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:28 pm

Casillas? Fabregas? Forlan? Sneijder? Benzema hahaha what a joke lol !!

No Busquets? Neuer? Silva? T.Silva etc.. lol !!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Shortlists for the FIFA Ballon d’Or gala 2011 Empty Re: Shortlists for the FIFA Ballon d’Or gala 2011

Post by jontsu Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:41 pm

I lol'd at Benzema and Forlan
jontsu
jontsu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:24 pm

No Valdes..... :facepalm:
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:37 pm

Cesc Fabregas is there and the best midfielder in the world last season Busquets is not there.
:facepalm:

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:32 am

Sneijder had a pretty awful year, not sure why he's there. But overall no player stands out as being completely undeserving of a spot. Benzema was in a Madrid team that almost accomplished a lot, Forlan won the Copa America, etc.

Thiago Silva should definitely be there.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:50 am

Benzema scored 30 goals (26+4 national team goals) and 7 assists. Do you want him to defend and make xavi type passes too?

Goals aren't even half of his game too
Valdes nor casillas should be there, it should be neuer, and by a mile too

Dunno what forlan is doing there
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:00 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:Benzema scored 30 goals (26+4 national team goals) and 7 assists. Do you want him to defend and make xavi type passes too?

Goals aren't even half of his game too
Valdes nor casillas should be there, it should be neuer, and by a mile too

Dunno what forlan is doing there

Last season... Valdes and Neuer were both impressive. Casillas just wasn't.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:08 am

About as bad a list as any that could have been made.

No Falcao, Vidic, Sahin, Neuer and so many other very deserving ones.

Also many players listed who played well in WC 2010 and have done very little since but this list should be about 2011 and not 2010.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:42 am

Amazed that no one mentions Thomas Muller as someone who is underservedly in the shortlist. I mean, Thomas friggin Muller? Seriously? The guy is good, but there are tens of better forwards and many other players that had a better season. Even in his own team, Gomez deserved to be there before him (although I also don't think Gomez deserved it).

Agreed that Forlan, Snejder, Casillas, Fabregas are ridiculous inclusions. Benzema is a doubtfull one, but I think he has a shout, he was very good since the turn of the year (remember this is year 2011). Xabi Alonso being there it's much more doubtful IMO.

Glad to see so many Barça players and especially Abidal there, that it shows he really was one of the best defenders in the world last season, and probably the best left back, his tumor.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:18 am

This award has proven itself once again to be farcial at best. Rooney and Nani but no Vidic? Casillas but no VDS, Neuer or Valdes? David Villa but no Gomez? Fabregas played 16 games...forlan? This award is truly a representation of FIFA.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:32 am

cat, when I mentioned players who were good at WC 2010, I included Muller in that.

I don't agree with the selection of Benzema. Yes he's had his moments but so have so many other forwards. While those other forwards were/are not only first choice but literally talismans of their teams e.g. Falcao, Cavani, Alexis, Chicharito, Eto'o, Ibrahimovic, Gomez, etc. , Benzema no matter how well he plays is still his coach's second choice behind Higuain.

I agree that Xabi Alonso is very questionable as well as is Bastian Schweinsteiger.

As you say the one pleasing point is that Abidal has been nominated.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:05 am

free_cat wrote:Amazed that no one mentions Thomas Muller as someone who is underservedly in the shortlist. I mean, Thomas friggin Muller? Seriously? The guy is good, but there are tens of better forwards and many other players that had a better season. Even in his own team, Gomez deserved to be there before him (although I also don't think Gomez deserved it).

Agreed that Forlan, Snejder, Casillas, Fabregas are ridiculous inclusions. Benzema is a doubtfull one, but I think he has a shout, he was very good since the turn of the year (remember this is year 2011). Xabi Alonso being there it's much more doubtful IMO.

Glad to see so many Barça players and especially Abidal there, that it shows he really was one of the best defenders in the world last season, and probably the best left back, his tumor.
Agreed completely.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:05 am

Abidal definitely deserves to be there
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:48 am

Can someone tell me what Neymar is doing there?

I mean he's good but...

I'm sorry did he do something significant? If he did someone correct me.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:50 am

CBarca wrote:Can someone tell me what Neymar is doing there?

I mean he's good but...

Hyped to hell and back

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:55 am

He won the Libertadores being the main player from santos.he's also very skilled and scored a lot of golacos this season.Inb4 people complain *looks at LM*
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:34 am

CBarca wrote:Can someone tell me what Neymar is doing there?

I mean he's good but...

Well he did win the Copa Libertadores and was the outstanding player of that tournament. I don't say he must be there but he does have a stronger case than some of the other nominees in my eyes.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:36 am

One point worth nothing is that there is not one single player nominated from the league title winning teams of A C Milan, Borussia Dortmund, Lille, Ajax and even Porto who won the treble.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:48 am

Ibra over forlan for sure. Forlan had a crap season
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:08 am

ibra had half a good season.....
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:10 am

messixaviesta wrote:One point worth nothing is that there is not one single player nominated from the league title winning teams of A C Milan, Borussia Dortmund, Lille, Ajax and even Porto who won the treble.

Seriously, don't get me started on that one.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:00 am

Ganso wrote:He won the Libertadores being the main player from santos.he's also very skilled and scored a lot of golacos this season.Inb4 people complain *looks at LM*

OK. Thanks for the response. I was unaware of him winning Libertadores and being the outstanding player.

I know he's a highly skilled player and prospect for the future and has a bright future indeed. But playing for Santos and scoring quite a few goals doesn't making him a Ballon D'or shortlist man. Thank you for pointing out that tournament though, as JD said I guess that makes him a little more deserving than some people *looks at Forlan* (carrying on the trend here).
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down