beatrixasdfghjk.
Lex
theunseen
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Carlos Vela Empty Carlos Vela

Post by theunseen Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:14 am

Would you like to see Carlos Vela be given some playing time once he returns from loan? Personally I believe he is superior to the likes of Park Chu Young and Chamakh.

Last edited by theunseen on Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total

theunseen
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Carlos Vela Empty Re: Carlos Vela

Post by Lex Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:15 am

I really wish Wenger would stop playing him out wide and just stick him in the centre
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:16 am

I don't think Vela's got a chance any more...

AND WELCOME TO THE FORUMS cheers

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by theunseen Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:20 am

I'd love to see him play in the middle, he's got the pace to get in behind defenders. I think if he comes back and reaches some form, he and walcott could fight for that central position.

theunseen
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:38 am

ANOTHER AUSTRALIAN?
cheers
When was the last time he started a game for us?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by theunseen Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:08 am

haha australia ftw Afro
I have no idea when his most recent start for us was...

theunseen
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:13 am

I think it was like some useless cup last season...
Go down to the Australia section (:

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:04 pm

how do you know he is better than park? oh and yes i would like to see vela given a chance but the thing is he has played up front on his own before and he didnt do well. i think he likes being in a two upfront not alone. he was very good partnered up with bendy
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:18 pm

Another player who would do well in a 4-4-2 and get thoroughly wasted on the wings. But a player I always had hopes for, none the less. I wish the best for him.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:44 pm

I never wanted Vela to go and Park will only get better the whole team had a off night can't blame Park.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:43 pm

ji sung park ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:48 pm

I would still love to see him at Arsenal though. talk of a wasted talent. he is stll young though, so there is still hope
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:06 pm

I think it's time to move on from Vela. I never trust him. Misses easy chances and scores hard chips. I don't get him and he doesn't have a real position.

Can't play upfront in 433, too lighweight.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:13 pm

I dont think Wenger will sell him if he wanted to he would have done it by now. There are many clubs who would buy him. I would rather have him and loan him out then sell him.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:16 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:I think it's time to move on from Vela. I never trust him. Misses easy chances and scores hard chips. I don't get him and he doesn't have a real position.

I think that is just the Arsenal way score hard ones and miss the easy ones. eco smile
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:06 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:I think it's time to move on from Vela. I never trust him. Misses easy chances and scores hard chips. I don't get him and he doesn't have a real position.

Wow if we got rid of all the players that misssed the easy ones. After yesterdays game we are pretty bare.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:06 pm

sell sell sell

He hardly gets a chance and the team doesn't play to his strenght. Talented player tho
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:39 pm

My problem with Vela is why he cannot play on the wings??

Has all tools ffs.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:48 pm

highburied wrote:My problem with Vela is why he cannot play on the wings??

Has all tools ffs.

Most likely, it's simply because he doesn't want to play there. If his attitude is not right, than he's not going to perform well regardless if he has the skills and ability to play as a winger.

I'd also argue that Vela lacks the work ethic to play anywhere else but up front as a poacher. Poachers can play up front alone, but they need plenty of support from the wingers and midfielders which is something he's not going to get at Sociedad, and the lone striker role at Arsenal carries different demmands than just goalscoring. Not to mention that the Premier League is a very physical league, and Vela is just not robust enough to play on his own up front.

He's not going to get chances with us anymore. It's time we let him go to a place where he will get the opportunity to get his career back on track and let one of our reserves or youth step up in his place.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:04 pm

Vela has been starting for Real as lone CF in a 433 moreover he has been linking up well and playing in a similar way to how RvP plays for us and he has been doing well to top it all off. He has only lacked the goals. Those who say he is too lightweight to play up top are reading too many newspapers and not watching the actual game.

Too lightweight for what? Vela is no weaker than Theo yet people want him to start playing up front because of his pace and not his superhuman strength

We dont play long ball nor even play with a CF who holds the ball up so being physically strong is not even a requirement, we had the 5'4 Arshavin playing as a CF for half a season for goodness sake

saying that I feel that he should play on the wings as our wingers move anyway, we're not rigid and his delivery is first class he could get goals but that means games and Wenger is not willing to give him that

so for his talent I think he should move and become the player he can be
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:07 pm

julias wrote:Vela has been starting for Real as lone CF in a 433 moreover he has been linking up well and playing in a similar way to how RvP plays for us and he has been doing well to top it all off. He has only lacked the goals. Those who say he is too lightweight to play up top are reading too many newspapers and not watching the actual game.

Too lightweight for what? Vela is no weaker than Theo yet people want him to start playing up front because of his pace and not his superhuman strength

We dont play long ball nor even play with a CF who holds the ball up so being physically strong is not even a requirement.

saying that I feel that he should play on the wings as our wingers move anyway, we're not rigid and his delivery is first class he could get goals but that means games and Wenger is not willing to give him that

Theo can take a kick or two and full back's usually bounce off him when they try to shove him off the ball. Don't think Vela is strong enough to play on the wing or upfront alone.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:12 pm

gunnerlistick wrote:
julias wrote:Vela has been starting for Real as lone CF in a 433 moreover he has been linking up well and playing in a similar way to how RvP plays for us and he has been doing well to top it all off. He has only lacked the goals. Those who say he is too lightweight to play up top are reading too many newspapers and not watching the actual game.

We dont play long ball nor even play with a CF who holds the ball up so being physically strong is not even a requirement.

Theo can take a kick or two and full back's usually bounce off him when they try to shove him off the ball. Don't think Vela is strong enough to play on the wing or upfront alone.

FBs most certainly do not bounce off Theo lool Walcott gets taken off the ball alot when he tries to go around a fb and doesnt push it far enough
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:18 pm

however everyone has their own opinion
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:24 pm

julias wrote:
gunnerlistick wrote:

FBs most certainly do not bounce off Theo lool Walcott gets taken off the ball alot when he tries to go around a fb and doesnt push it far enough

The only reason they take it off him is because he is a bit daft, he runs into them...Theo is pretty strong, his goal versus Chelsea shows this.

If its was Vela he would have been on the floor complaining Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:35 pm

Arshavin is not a good example, either, because he did not play that well as a lone striker. Incidentally, he's 5'7', not 5'4'. Vela is a similar height.

Another example of a player that failed a lone striker for us: Eduardo. Eduardo had everything to be a top striker, but lacked the athleticism and robustness to play up front on his own.

In fact, take a look at the successful lone strikers for us: van Persie, over six foot. Adebayor, over six foot. Bendtner, to a degree... over six foot. Even Chamakh, who's also over six foot.

It's the nature of the league that requires any striker playing alone in the Premier League to be strong, to some degree.

There's also the work ethic the role requires to consider. Vela is not a player who works hard. That's not his style.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum