Abramovich
mzamani
kingsofthenortheast
lszanto
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Walker or Johnson

Kyle Walker vs Glen Johnson - Page 2 Vote_lcap72%Kyle Walker vs Glen Johnson - Page 2 Vote_rcap 72% 
[ 13 ]
Kyle Walker vs Glen Johnson - Page 2 Vote_lcap28%Kyle Walker vs Glen Johnson - Page 2 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 18

Kyle Walker vs Glen Johnson - Page 2 Empty Re: Kyle Walker vs Glen Johnson

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:12 am

what talent? how do you even define talent? lol

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:36 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:what talent? how do you even define talent? lol

Technical ability.

I'd go as far as Johnson is England's most technically able player after Rooney and Wilshere.

He is the closest thing to Dani Alves, and he can create things outta nothing, go past 3 defenders like they aren't even there, and take great shots with his weaker foot. Arbeloa is more of a steady type, he doesn't have mares, but he rarely ever comes up with genuine moments of quality.

I've watched Arbeloa a lot in LFC shirt for 2.5 seasons, but I still am 200% sure we would have won the league in 08-09 with Glen in his place. But then I am a massive fun of attacking fullbacks.

The poll result is a joke. Kyle Walker is a marathon runner, who can't do anything when the ball is moving. He is like a Forrest Gump type of right back who was absolutely owned by Johnson (Who was playing LB) when we faced Spurs a month ago.

But F*ck England and their fans. They don't deserve The 3rd highest assistant during Fabio's reign as their starting RB, someone who has a fantastic touch and understands the pass and move concept. Hope either Richards/Walker go to Euro and show their body building skills there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:43 am

talent isnt technical ability ,especially for a defender though

say , marcelo is the most talented defender by that logic, he has more technical ability than maldini . but he is not even half the defender that maldini was..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:50 am

Talent is not only defined through technical abilities
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:19 am

johnson is not that poor at defending scratch , people are taking this stigma of he's way over the top. you guys need to watch him play more. and going forward he is by far the best English rb

Last edited by REWB on Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Moddaws Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:53 am

Where's Kelly the great included in this!
Moddaws
Moddaws
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:56 am

Moddaws wrote:Where's Kelly the great included in this!

Neither Kelly nor Walker are even half as good as Johnson.

I have been banned from a couple of LFC forums over the Johnson vs Kelly argument.

As for England right backs, it goes as:

Johnson >>> Richards >>>> Kelly = Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:06 am

Schweini wrote:
Moddaws wrote:Where's Kelly the great included in this!

Neither Kelly nor Walker are even half as good as Johnson.

I have been banned from a couple of LFC forums over the Johnson vs Kelly argument.

As for England right backs, it goes as:

Johnson >>> Richards >>>> Kelly = Walker

Ok sep, I've gotta say something now.

Lets analyze GJ, you are now kind of overrating him. You speak of his surging and mazy runs beating many defenders and midfielders, but the hard fact is that he hasn't shown that in any spectrum of consistency since his first season. We don't even need to talk about last year where he was sub-par. This year, aside from the Chelsea goal and a few dribbles in a few match. Glen has been nowhere near that form since when he was in his first year with Rafa. Also, we are talking about a fullback man, not a winger. Johnson as a Rightback is average at best, or in other words very very inconsistent as a RB. I have lost count the amount of times he has cost us with his poor positioning, average defending in 1 on 1, lack of defensive tactical sense and poor decisions and marking in the box. He has shown from time to time he can defend. But nowhere near enough as he should.

Martin Kelly on the otherhand in big games is twice the fullback Glen is as Johnson has been exposed against tougher opponents and wingers while its extremely difficult for me to remember crucial or minor mistakes by Kelly. Defensively, there is no competition between Kelly and Johnson as the former is miles ahead of him here. Johnson at the moment is better in attacking in terms of his dribbling capability and crossing (kelly's weakness atm), yet Kelly is no slouch either with his lung bursting runs and tremendous use of two feet.

Arbeloa? You forgot defensively Alvaro is far better as well.

Micah Richards better than Kelly? You have got to be kidding me. Aside from Micah's aimless runs into down the flank (which work to some effect) defensively, Micah Richards is sub-par at best. Everyone who critasizes Michah is critical of his defense and extremely unintelligent methods of defense and decisions. The amount that you underrate Kelly is beyond.

I won't even talk about Walker who is not even worth talking about since I rate Steinsson above him lol

What I am wondering is why Johnson is still our RB and Kelly is on the bench despite impressing each and every time since his inception into our team. Johnson should play as RW with Kelly behind him as Johnson as a winger would be perfect and far far better than the useless Kuyt.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:14 am

^
Disagreed mate. Poor Johnson was heavily criticized because when he went forward, he had Carragher covering for him. This season when beast Skrtel has been our RCB, Johnson hasn't had a bad game except the one vs Bolton where the entire team was atrocious.
I like Kelly, he is very good in defense usually, but for example, if Johnson allowed Gibbs in for that chance on saturday, or RVP scored that second goal from the space between him and Carra, Glen would have been crucified and got a lot of stick.

Fact is, since Glen Johnson is absolutely amazing going forward, every single of his defensive lapses gets over analyzed and the same applies to 90% of offensive full backs out there.

And hey, he can at least take a decent penalty under pressure and for a team with penalty conversation rate of 40% this season, that's massive Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:32 am

Schweini wrote:^
Disagreed mate. Poor Johnson was heavily criticized because when he went forward, he had Carragher covering for him. This season when beast Skrtel has been our RCB, Johnson hasn't had a bad game except the one vs Bolton where the entire team was atrocious.
I like Kelly, he is very good in defense usually, but for example, if Johnson allowed Gibbs in for that chance on saturday, or RVP scored that second goal from the space between him and Carra, Glen would have been crucified and got a lot of stick.

Fact is, since Glen Johnson is absolutely amazing going forward, every single of his defensive lapses gets over analyzed and the same applies to 90% of offensive full backs out there.

And hey, he can at least take a decent penalty under pressure and for a team with penalty conversation rate of 40% this season, that's massive Razz

Good response Sep.

I'm being harsh on Glen as don't mistake my criticism for dislike. I love the guy and what he has done for us.

Yet try to understand its actually his superb offensive skills that compensates for his inconsistencies in the back. Not only that, this season he has shown countless times in which he has seemed to timid to go forward as I see Jose bombing down the flank and still remember all the headaches I've given to my friends on "Where is Johnson?, and why is he being subdued?"

Arsenal game? Aside from one mistake (which wasn't crucial), Kelly had a superb game. The goal itself had nothing to do with Kelly but it did with Spearing and Adam for not marking Song and Carra for his horror show against RvP.

His penalties? I love him for that and will never forget his contribution in the CC.

But here is an idea, why not Johnson as RW and Kelly as RB? Johnson does have some defensive ability and can help out Kelly to track back when needed. Imagine the partnership that can be formed in its potency. Might sound naive in some aspects. But logically it sounds far better.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2