Lippi: I expected this from Conte

Go down

Lippi: I expected this from Conte  Empty Lippi: I expected this from Conte

Post by DeviAngel Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:40 pm

Marcello Lippi says he isn’t shocked by how well Antonio Conte has started his reign as Juventus boss.

Conte, a former player of Lippi’s at Juve, replaced Gigi Del Neri on the Turin hotseat in the summer after leading Siena to promotion.

“I’m not surprised,” the 2006 World Cup tactician told Tutto Juve. “I have to say that I expected this to happen.

“Conte has always had great character and a strong personality, ever since he was a player. His determination is also an example to his squad – he drives people forward.”

Juve are currently leading the Serie A standings after ending the last campaign in seventh place for the second consecutive season.

“I think they can stay first,” continued the man who won five Scudetti during his two spells with La Vecchia Signora.

“Juventus have built a very competitive squad and, unlike their rivals, they have the advantage of not having European games to play in midweek.

“As a result, that allows the Bianconeri to prepare for games in the best possible manner.”

Conte’s side has won comparisons with Lippi’s first Juventus in 1994-95. “I do see the similarity,” continued the Viareggino.

“Both sides have a volatile character, born from the same determination and desire to succeed.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum