Papiss Cisse wanting PL football

5 posters

Go down

Papiss Cisse wanting PL football Empty Papiss Cisse wanting PL football

Post by Sushi Master Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:18 pm

Source

Freiburg striker Papiss Cisse has declared his desire to play in the Premier League and believes he would be a "big success" in English football.

The €15 million-rated (£13m) Senegalese star has attracted firm interest from a number of clubs across Europe and has been strongly linked with Arsenal, Sunderland, Newcastle, Tottenham and Fulham.

Cisse, 26, has already scored eight times so far this season in the Bundesliga off the back of 22 league goals last term – but he is eyeing a move to a bigger club as Freiburg battle to avoid relegation.

“I want to test myself at a big club and I believe I would be a big success in England,” Cisse told Goal.com.

“I watch the Premier League and I am pleased that people are talking about me in the same sentence as good clubs.

“My aim is to be the best I can be, we will see what happens but my club know my position.”

Cisse recently signed a new contract until 2014 on the understanding that he will be allowed to leave if Freiburg receive an attractive offer, most likely at the end of the season.

The former Metz man has made it clear he is happy to stay at Freiburg until next summer and wiill not agitate for a move in the January transfer window.

“I respect the club and we have a good relationship, they gave me the opportunities,” Cisse added.

“If I stay until the end of the season, I will do my best and remember how much they have supported me.”

As revealed by Goal.com in September, Sunderland have been leading the race to sign Cisse after making him their top target to replace Asamoah Gyan, who made a surprise loan move to UAE side Al-Ain until the end of the season and is not expected to return to the Stadium of Light.

The Black Cats' manager, Steve Bruce, is desperate to strengthen his strikeforce in the New Year and will test Freiburg's resolve to hold onto their star man.

One obstacle to a move to the Premier League in the January could be Cisse's participation with Senegal in the Africa Cup of Nations, which will be co-hosted by Gabon and Equatorial Guinea.

----

Thoughts? He's a great player. Fast, decent technique and awesome off the ball movement and finishing. Poor man's Mario Gomez, if you will, yet still damn good. Another one of those Bundesliga players to be hyped once they leave Very Happy

And much better than Ba banana
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Papiss Cisse wanting PL football Empty Re: Papiss Cisse wanting PL football

Post by che Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:23 pm

i'm sure rival fans will enjoy making songs about someone whose name contains piss Laughing
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:25 pm

Sunderland should dump Bendtner and get this guy just for the lulz in the derby with Newcastle.

Ba v Cisse would be a great matchup.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:29 pm

McLewis wrote:Sunderland should dump Bendtner and get this guy just for the lulz in the derby with Newcastle.

We have been tracking him for 2 years and had a bid rejected for him in summer and one of our 4 striker targets for January.

#justsayin

Join the Toon revelution Very Happy

2 Demba's in one squad FTW
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:48 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
McLewis wrote:Sunderland should dump Bendtner and get this guy just for the lulz in the derby with Newcastle.

We have been tracking him for 2 years and had a bid rejected for him in summer and one of our 4 striker targets for January.

#justsayin

Nah, they're too similar lol

Much more entertaining if Sunderland get him....from a neutral's point of view anyway.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:50 pm

McLewis wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

#justsayin

Nah, they're too similar lol

Much more entertaining if Sunderland get him....from a neutral's point of view anyway.

I am pretty certain it will be a 4-2-3-1 before too long anyway as soon as Ben Arfa gets up to speed......

So they will be competing for a place not playing alongside each other, unless Ben Arfa plays on the wing ofcourse which iam finding quite doubtful due to his lack of work rate.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:57 pm

mole still believing everything he reads in the journal and from Alan Oliver is gospel. :lol!:

We wont sign him, not in Jan anyway. Would be pointless spending all that money then him fking off to ACON.

Same with Newcastle really as they will loose allot of key players during it.

Rather have Helmes personally.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:00 pm

GyansDancingBoots wrote:mole still believing everything he reads in the journal and from Alan Oliver is gospel. :lol!:

We wont sign him, not in Jan anyway. Would be pointless spending all that money then him fking off to ACON.

Same with Newcastle really as they will loose allot of key players during it.

Rather have Helmes personally.

Nah i actually got all this from the Sunday Sun Very Happy

And we did get a bid rejected in the summer, his club said so Very Happy

Oh yh true about ACON i completely forgot about that, infact now that i think about it 3 out of the 4 targets are from Africa Mad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:02 pm

sunday sun is even worse

The geordie biassed press makes tribal football seem accurate.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:04 pm

GyansDancingBoots wrote:sunday sun is even worse

The geordie biassed press makes tribal football seem accurate.

hmm i think you have a point there as they have a knack of printing BS i cant help but believe it all tho lol.

You would think id learn but nope Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: