Aquilani v Marchisio 2011/12 Season

+4
Vibe
Rossoneri Ninja
The_ItalianFool
Forza
8 posters

Go down

Aquilani or Marchisio? (justify your answer in a comment)

Aquilani v Marchisio 2011/12 Season Vote_lcap36%Aquilani v Marchisio 2011/12 Season Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 4 ]
Aquilani v Marchisio 2011/12 Season Vote_lcap64%Aquilani v Marchisio 2011/12 Season Vote_rcap 64% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 11

Aquilani v Marchisio 2011/12 Season Empty Aquilani v Marchisio 2011/12 Season

Post by Forza Tue 15 Nov 2011, 07:12

I'd be interested to see what some neutrals think and also the reasons behind peoples' choices, not just "he's a Milan/Juve player and therefore he's better than the other guy".

In Serie A:
Aquilani: 9 games: 1 goal, 6 assists
Marchisio: 9 games: 4 goals, 1 assist
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Aquilani v Marchisio 2011/12 Season Empty Re: Aquilani v Marchisio 2011/12 Season

Post by The_ItalianFool Tue 15 Nov 2011, 07:41

I guess I dont classify as neutral.... lol. I voted anyways Smile

It's tough. It really depends what you are looking for to tell you the truth. I feel like Marchisio is more reliable to get his job done consistently, and he often pops up with goals at crucial moments. On top of that, he is improving drastically in his overall game this season if you ask me.

Aquilani, however, is definitely a better attacker. As the stats show he is more of a playmaker than Marchisio and has good vision and an eye for goal. I wont be surprised to see Aquilani catch up to Marchisio in goals sooner or later to be honest.

Obviously I am biased and picked Marchisio, but for me it really depends what you are looking for. An all around box to box CM or a more attacking minded CM.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Aquilani v Marchisio 2011/12 Season Empty Re: Aquilani v Marchisio 2011/12 Season

Post by Forza Tue 15 Nov 2011, 08:31

Marchisio is an admirable player because of his versatility and workrate, however I went with Aqua (bias obviously came in there somewhere) because he is more creative and has extremely good set piece skills (free-kicks, corners) and good crossing skills also.

They are different styles of players, but they play in somewhat similar positions in different systems. In addition, the fact that Aquilani switched from Juve to Milan makes it a good comparison.

Injury is the big question mark for both players really. I think both players will become more consistent and develop into overall better players with game time.

Lastly, I would be interested to see what a Liverpool or Roma fan thinks, or even an Empoli fan if that's possible.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Tue 15 Nov 2011, 09:39

Marchiso imo has been better and more convincing than Aqua man throughout the season thus far.

Very interesting comparison indeed.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue 15 Nov 2011, 13:40

Marchisio is the best Italian midfielder this year IMO...Goal.com and certain members of this forum delightfully ate some turds with the trash talk earlier this season.I wish they come out now and say it...Obviously I admired his brilliance all allong :coffee:
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 15 Nov 2011, 15:49

VibeTribe wrote:Marchisio is the best Italian midfielder this year IMO...Goal.com and certain members of this forum delightfully ate some turds with the trash talk earlier this season.I wish they come out now and say it...Obviously I admired his brilliance all allong :coffee:

Lol'd hard Laughing

Marchisio has always been one of my favourite Italian players.........

Really really impressing me this season and not just the goals either......

His work rate, passing and positional sense have been outstanding aswell......

Moving him back into his rightful position and having class performers like Pirlo and Vidal alongside him have brought along his game so much( not to say he didnt have it before and Vidal and Pirlo have magically made him better) just the consistency of his performances have been so good this season imo.

Marchisinho :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue 15 Nov 2011, 16:06

Marchisio is like an Italian Schweinsteiger, love the guy. So damn versatile and does his job well.

I don't rate Aquilani.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue 15 Nov 2011, 17:05

Judging only by this season, and putting my small Aquilani-bias aside, I'm gunna go with Marchisio despite not being a fan of his. Both have been playing very well, but I think Marchisio may be just ahead so far this season. That being said, Aquilani deserves more credit than he's getting this season (on this forum).

Aquilani is more creative and his shots are definitely better. Marchisio's role differs; he's more of that midfield workhorse and is more versatile when it comes to positioning. He could adapt to even playing out wide on the left, whereas Aquilani has to play down the middle to be effective. Also, Marchisio has probably been more decisive recently, popping up when Juve really needed him.

PS- you sure that Marchisio only has 1 assist? I thought he had more.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue 15 Nov 2011, 17:25

Obviously Marchisio.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed 16 Nov 2011, 04:44

ErPupone wrote:Judging only by this season, and putting my small Aquilani-bias aside, I'm gunna go with Marchisio despite not being a fan of his. Both have been playing very well, but I think Marchisio may be just ahead so far this season. That being said, Aquilani deserves more credit than he's getting this season (on this forum).

Aquilani is more creative and his shots are definitely better. Marchisio's role differs; he's more of that midfield workhorse and is more versatile when it comes to positioning. He could adapt to even playing out wide on the left, whereas Aquilani has to play down the middle to be effective. Also, Marchisio has probably been more decisive recently, popping up when Juve really needed him.

I looked at quite a few websites and they all seem to say only 1 assist. This poll is actually pretty tight atm, with Marchisio leading. I'm not surprised to see that fans of other leagues don't rate Aqua highly, it was what I expected because of Liverpool.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed 16 Nov 2011, 06:16

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
ErPupone wrote:Judging only by this season, and putting my small Aquilani-bias aside, I'm gunna go with Marchisio despite not being a fan of his. Both have been playing very well, but I think Marchisio may be just ahead so far this season. That being said, Aquilani deserves more credit than he's getting this season (on this forum).

I looked at quite a few websites and they all seem to say only 1 assist. This poll is actually pretty tight atm, with Marchisio leading. I'm not surprised to see that fans of other leagues don't rate Aqua highly, it was what I expected because of Liverpool.

I was under the impression he had more, oh well.

But Aquilani didn't play badly with Liverpool, he just didn't play often and therefore never had the chance to meet expectations.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum