RealGunner
The Franchise
Great Leader Sprucenuce
41 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Boxing thread  - Page 16 Empty Re: Boxing thread

Post by dmize Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:07 pm

Edit 2: http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8551612/emanuel-steward-famed-boxing-trainer-dies-68

RIP to one of the greatest trainers in the history of boxing

dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:01 pm

Legend of the sport, will never be forgotten R.I.P Sad

I’m completely devastated by the passing of my long time friend, mentor and trainer Emanuel “Manny” Steward. Manny has helped me get through some of the biggest fights in my career and I only regret that I couldn’t return the favour and see him through his biggest fight.

We’ve maintained a close relationship and the last time we spoke he seemed his usual upbeat self so it was very disturbing to hear about his illness and rapid decline. It is with a heavy heart that realization of what I hoped were just rumors are now in fact true. Manny always told me I was the best, but the truth is, HE was the best and I’m grateful, privileged and honoured to be counted among his many historic successes.

This has been a very tragic year for the boxing world, but today we’ve truly lost one of it’s crown jewels. Manny was giving, selfless, compassionate and stern. He always gave back to the community and never forgot where he came from. He was an institution u
nto himself and I’m proud to have had him in my corner for so many years.

I’m extremely grateful for the time that I was given with him and he will be severely missed by all who knew and loved him. I’ll miss his smile, his frank no holds barred truthfulness and our discussions on boxing and life. My prayers and condolences go out to his family at this very difficult time.

- Lennox Lewis

Also some of his boxers and my god what a list Shocked

Dennis Andries
Wilfred Benítez
Julio César Chávez
Kermit Cintron
Miguel Cotto
Oscar De La Hoya
Domonique Dolton
Naseem Hamed
Thomas Hearns
Evander Holyfield
John David Jackson
Hilmer Kenty
Ole Klemetsen
Wladimir Klitschko
Lennox Lewis
Michael Moorer
Oliver McCall
Mike McCallum
Milton McCrory
Steve McCrory
Gerald McClellan
Miguel Angel Gonzalez
Jimmy Paul
Graciano Rocchigiani
Jermain Taylor
Duane Thomas
James Toney
Yuriorkis Gamboa

GOAT :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:22 pm

Last thing this sport needed was to lose a guy like him.

Rip Mr.Stewart
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:26 am

R.I.P

What a guy....my jaw dropped when I heard about it.

I mean, he was an old guy but you hear him every so often doing commentary and you just assume he is fine.

Though, I have to say I noticed he didnt sound very well the last fight I saw him in the corner of..forgeot who it was for..

Its a shame he gone, a legend in the sport and he will be missed.

I didnt always agree with him, but he kept it real as *bleep* and didnt play up to the big named fighters.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:05 am

RIP

Sad he was a legend of the sport, I knew he was ill but didn't know it was that bad Sad.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:57 pm

A couple of great fights tonight

Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:20 pm

Watching Wlad Kilt pound Wach for 12 rounds....that 1-2 combonation was landing all day.

He almost got a stoppage in the 9th I think, he was just hammering him the entire round and nothing was coming back. To Wach's credit he took the punches well enough and only looked hurt that round plus 3 or 4 other times. For the punches he took, that was pretty impressive. But yeah, totally dominate again.

Abner Mares- Moreno I didnt watch, but I hear Mares won a wants to fight Nonito Donaire next.

Erislandy Lara - Martirosyan fought to a draw in one I didnt watch. But from what I read Lara seemed the classier fighter who landed more punches whereas Martirosyan was the presssuring. Usually I go for the guy who landed more in those types but again, I didnt watch so I have no idea. Intresting, Martirosyan is a Freddie Roche fighter...he hasnt won in ages has he lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:22 pm

Mares :bow:

El Perro :bow:

Cruz :bow:

Mexican Boxing :bow:

Huge win for Mares. Its so hard to look good against those defensive slick fighters, but Mares just outmuscled him. Took him to the ropes went to the body, man it was beutiful Sad Moreno came back in the late rounds he had some good combo's on Mares's head, but with knockdown and that bs point deduction Mares was the clear victor. Maybe if Moreno had a little more power he could have shook Mares, because Mares just kept coming right at him. Great win for Mares and I think he desreves a spot in the top 10 for p4p

As for facing Donaire...he gets ko'd Laughing I mean just rushing Donaire with his head down like he did Moreno will just gett him in trouble with Donaire's speed and power. Idk I hope this ifght happens and I hope I'm wrong too Laughing

El Perro :bow: Ko's his opponent after 7 months in a detention center( basically jail) ,but I think he needed some rds to get into rhythm. Great ko, but I would have preferred that Angulo whopped his ass for at least 7 rds lol

Santa Cruz my boy :bow: guy has great power, stamina, and a great chin. Hopefully he moves up to facing the big dogs soon.

Viva Mexico ffs
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:53 pm

Broner destroys Demarco, takes him apart with ease. Future star in the sport, he is too damn good.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:26 pm

I'm gonna sound like a hater lol

I don't think Demarco is that good tbh He throws one punch at a time with little punching power and, he's kind of slow. That was a good win for Broner cuz Demarco is one of the best at 135, but that just shows you how weak 135 is. I agree Broner has skills, but we wont see him tested until 140. I also like Broner's style. He seems like he's a defensive fighter, but he isn't imo. Has good punching power and is very quick. He just fights at a slow pace. Definitely a future star

Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:26 pm

Well he isnt that good, but at 135 he was the best I believe and Broner did what elite fighters should do...destroy inferior opponants and make them look bad.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:55 am

Yeah he'll continue to that and clean out 135 easily
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:58 pm

Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach has accused Juan Manuel Marquez of using performance-enhancing drugs, a bold stance from the camp of Manny Pacquiao, a fighter who has filed defamation lawsuits over being accused of the same thing in the past.

Roach, from USA Today:

"If (Marquez's body) is natural, I will kiss his ass. ... (Marquez) has gotten bigger and gained weight — it throws up a red flag."

It is frankly somewhat remarkable that Roach would so easily throw the accusation around -- he says he "hates" to do so, since so many of his fighters have been accused, but he said it anyway. He's gone on record. It's almost laughable that he would use "he's gotten bigger and gained weight" as a "red flag," considering his fighter Manny Pacquiao has done the same but with even more stunning success since 2008.

Much of Roach's speculation is because of the presence of Marquez's strength and conditioning trainer, Memo Hernandez, who supplied illegal drugs to other athletes in the past, and testified for the federal government in the BALCO case.

Pacquiao's own strength and conditioning coach Alex Ariza says "doesn't have any suspicions" about Hernandez, praising his work with Marquez and saying it was Hernandez's knowledge of exercise and nutrition that helped Marquez fight so surprisingly well at a career-high 144-pound catchweight against Pacquiao last November.

Now, the two will meet in a full 147-pound bout on December 8.

Marquez denies any wrongdoing, of course:

"I think it's disrespectful when people start rumors like this. I've never done this type of work before in 18 years. I've been working specifically to gain more strength. ... As far as the steroids . . . my tests always have been (negative).''

This is where it gets complicated, of course. Marquez (54-6-1, 39 KO) may have never failed a drug test, but he has only ever taken standard commission tests, well-known for being easily beatable by anyone who knows what they're doing.

Roach probably just shouldn't have invited the extra criticism. Nothing's going to come of it anyway, unless Marquez somehow fails a Nevada commission drug test. That's not going to happen. But Marquez's "I've never failed a test" comment is a dodge as much as it is anything. It's a statement without much weight at all.

Of course this was going to happen. People were skeptical last year when Marquez bulked up. They're skeptical now. And as Roach says, this is the world we live in. And every time a fighter moves up in weight and has surprising success, people are going to question how that happened. They're going to question it because it's human nature to question it at this point. The sports world has been rocked every which way by this stuff in the last decade.

Do I think either of them are on anything? I don't have the first clue. I don't know that anyone in boxing is or isn't. There's no way to be sure unless you've actually seen it happen.

I do know that one way or another, someone needs to put real testing in place. I'm also confident that nobody is in any rush to do so.

Really Freddie LOOOL

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:19 pm

Freddie pls

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article13679.html
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:36 pm

Freddie pls go.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:54 pm

Freddie GOAT

Boxing thread  - Page 16 Bieberdealwithit
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:38 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Freddie pls go.

LOL perfect

How can he of all people come with this shit. Marquez on juice? And big head over there perfectly clean?

pls go
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:20 pm

Time for Cotto to retire.

As I expected, Trout , he was too big. I didnt expect him to win so big, the cards said dominate and he didnt do that, but he certaintly won the fight.

Cotto will have a problem for the rest of his career no matter what.

As a welterweight he way too big for everyone, he was stronger and bullied everyone around.

But he was killing himself to make the weight as he got older and it came to a head in the Pacman fight. He should never of fought him at that weight.

Now he has moved up to lightmiddle, but at this weight he is now one of the smaller guys and cant bully natural middleweights around. Troat constantly smothered him inside, didnt let him work while using his length to limit him on the outside.

Cotto is too small for this weight with his style.

It is time, at 32 to stop. If he fights with Canelo, not only will he lose, I predict a stoppage before the 10th round.

He has a great career with great memories...he got his revenge on Margarito, now its time to stop.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:59 pm

Marquez - Pacman 4 tonight people.

I am sure you already know the background behind this so I dont need to go over it.

Two intresting videos to be aware of though.

One the weigh in, just look at Marquez...I have never him in this condition before..whatever changes he has madde he is looking great.

The 2nd video is basically in the title.

My prediction?

I want to say Manny by robbery again, but I just cant bring myself to say it because it makes no sense to me how he is going to win a decision after last time. I will leave my prediction as that, Manny by robbery.

Marquez starts surprisingly aggressive and open and pays for it, he changes up, goes back to his old way of counter punhcing and dominates the rest of the way.

edit: just realised I posted the same vid twice, the 2nd one is intresting for sure.

Rebs why aint you intrested in this fight? They always have very fun fights.

Last edited by The Franchise on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:07 pm

What time is it ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:39 pm

Not that pumped, but it will be a good fight for sure.

I hope Marquez can ride off into the sunset with a W
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:33 am

RealGunner wrote:What time is it ?

VERY late.

First fights will be like 2.30 your time, Manny and JMM wont fight till im guessing 4-5.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:42 am

I feel like Marquez has to get a KO against Manny or he'll end up getting screwed again.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:55 am

Agree and I dont think Marquez can knock him out honestly, Manny takes too good a shot, which is why I have to pick Manny, whether Marquez outboxes him or not.

Manny isnt ironed chin by any means, Marquez hurt him, Morales hurt him, Cotto hurt him, Margarito hurt him...but putting him down, and especially out...since he gone up in weight I aint seen it happen.

I am hugely impressed by Marquez physique though.

Boxing thread  - Page 16 Box_marquez_pacquiao_weighin_412

Yesturday

Boxing thread  - Page 16 Pacquiao-Marquez-4-Weigh-in-Results-Manny-Pacquiao-hits-147-pound-limit

More power, but perhaps slows him down a little? Who knows.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:14 am

Someone from Marquez's camp said this was the fastest Marquez ever...we'll see lol
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:15 am

Yeah, unlikely. That's why if it's real close, I hope the judges give it to JMM

But then again if Manny loses tonight, it would mess with future fights, so I'm torn but I still would like to see JMM win.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next