How highly do you rate Fernando Muslera?

+7
Lord Awesome
chaval
Lord Spencer
Charrua
Doc
Luca
Giovanni10
11 posters

Go down

How highly do you rate Fernando Muslera? Empty How highly do you rate Fernando Muslera?

Post by Giovanni10 Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:27 pm

I think often ignored and underrated but could possibly be in the top 10 goalkeepers in the world at the moment. His positioning, agility and reach are out of this world and he is not bad under the high ball either.

The only thing that baffles me is his move from Lazio to Galatasaray, surely a step down in his career thus far? Why has a big club not picked up on him yet? We know either ManU, Arsenal, Tottenham, Inter (Cesar's continued poor form), Milan (Abiatti ageing) could do with someone of his calibre to name just a few clubs.

Discuss?

How highly do you rate Fernando Muslera? Marcell+Jansen+Fernando+Muslera+Uruguay+v+iqnPi0aRs9BlHow highly do you rate Fernando Muslera? Uruguays-fernando-muslera-makes-a-terrific-save-to-help-his-team-win-the-penalty-shoot-out-against-ghana
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Fernando Muslera? Empty Re: How highly do you rate Fernando Muslera?

Post by Luca Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:28 pm

Never rated him, he can make quite the blunder (when playing for Lazio) every time I've seen him for Uruguay he has done well though.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Fernando Muslera? Empty Re: How highly do you rate Fernando Muslera?

Post by Giovanni10 Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:31 pm

Ok, I was not aware that he is prone to consistent blunders, I've probably only seen the best of him. I still rate him though, his shot-stopping capability is great.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:47 pm

I think he performs a lot better for his country than his club to be honest Gio...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:49 pm

Doc wrote:I think he performs a lot better for his country than his club to be honest Gio...

well maybe he hasn't given his all at club level because the clubs that he's played for thus far are kinda lame :coffee:
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Charrua Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:51 pm

Hes a very talented goal keeper. and veryy young at 25. He was prone to the occasional blunder but now seems to have matured. Honestly i absolutly love him and i wouldnt trade him for any goal keeper in the world. Hes big. agile, quick off his line and just simply a joy i defended him when he was going through a bad time and now hes simply been amazing Smile
Charrua
Charrua
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:55 pm

Charrua wrote:Hes a very talented goal keeper. and veryy young at 25. He was prone to the occasional blunder but now seems to have matured. Honestly i absolutly love him and i wouldnt trade him for any goal keeper in the world. Hes big. agile, quick off his line and just simply a joy i defended him when he was going through a bad time and now hes simply been amazing Smile

bit of Uruguayan bias there, but I feel its warranted, to me he is a special goalie! Laughing Yes, and only still 25 which is young for a goalkeeper, still a good 8-10 years left in him.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Charrua Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:11 pm

hahaha tiny bit Smile but i just cant help myself hes just splendid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUfVYsyhVxc&feature=related

thats not the video i was looking for but still some nice little saves. Smile
Charrua
Charrua
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:14 pm

A good goal keeper, although being a reaction stopper he is prone to make blunders. His command of the defense is a little lacking. Both aspects should improve with age.

While he was prone to blunder with Lazio, he was consistent and was a top 10 GK in Serie A.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chaval Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:15 am

Good gk, too many blunders tho
chaval
chaval
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:16 am

He can play for a top tier team, IMO.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:34 am

Very inconsistent, pretty overrated.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:52 am

he is good but not great !
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:56 am

F*cker was born in Argentina but plays for Uruguay, and then goes on to put a match of his life against us.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:00 am

Romero's not so bad, tbh.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:04 am

Very admirable goalkeeper and relatively young as well. Was surprised he flew under the radar and went to Turkey, but he did go for quite a large fee for a goalkeeper. :coffee:
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down