RealGunner
EarlyPrototype
Grande_Milano
che
Swanhends
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sepp Blatter's advice for racially abused players - Page 2 Empty Re: Sepp Blatter's advice for racially abused players

Post by kiranr Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:14 am

Blatter himself is not the problem. Do you think a single man has so much power to make FIFA corrupt? When he goes, there will be another Blatter in his place and we will still be complaining about the same thing.

kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Sepp Blatter's advice for racially abused players - Page 2 Empty Re: Sepp Blatter's advice for racially abused players

Post by teamanarchy Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:18 pm

You know, I'm not taking Sepp's side here.
But in my country, Racism is a HUGE issue. With the history of Apartheid in South Africa, it plays a role in everybody's everyday lives...
The thing, which I hope Sepp was aiming to say, is that racism is only what you make of it.
If somebody uses some derogatory word to describe your character in relation to you race, you can get upset and allow it to ruin your day...
Or you can smile politely, move on and say to yourself, "that guy is an idiot. If he's willing to choose his friends, collegues, significant others, etc. based only upon the colour of their skin, it's actually not my loss. He's an idiot. I'm better than him. I realise the value of diversity. Thus, the words coming out of his mouth bear no value, and they don't offend me because of this."

Racism is only what you make of it. If this world constantly brings race to the fore, and blames everything on racism, how will we ever get over what has happened in the past?
If you're insecure about being black, for instance, then racism will hurt.
BUT, if you're comfortable about the colour of your skin, this can never hurt you. As a reasonable human being with a positive self-esteem, you know that being defamed for the colour of your skin says nothing about your character.

Hopefully that is what Sepp was trying to say...
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:26 pm

teamanarchy wrote:You know, I'm not taking Sepp's side here.
But in my country, Racism is a HUGE issue. With the history of Apartheid in South Africa, it plays a role in everybody's everyday lives...
The thing, which I hope Sepp was aiming to say, is that racism is only what you make of it.
If somebody uses some derogatory word to describe your character in relation to you race, you can get upset and allow it to ruin your day...
Or you can smile politely, move on and say to yourself, "that guy is an idiot. If he's willing to choose his friends, collegues, significant others, etc. based only upon the colour of their skin, it's actually not my loss. He's an idiot. I'm better than him. I realise the value of diversity. Thus, the words coming out of his mouth bear no value, and they don't offend me because of this."

Racism is only what you make of it. If this world constantly brings race to the fore, and blames everything on racism, how will we ever get over what has happened in the past?
If you're insecure about being black, for instance, then racism will hurt.
BUT, if you're comfortable about the colour of your skin, this can never hurt you. As a reasonable human being with a positive self-esteem, you know that being defamed for the colour of your skin says nothing about your character.

Hopefully that is what Sepp was trying to say...

This makes loads of sense.

I hope this was the point he was trying to put forward.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:31 pm

If that was what he was trying to say or not, when the words that come your mouth are racism should be solved via handshake...your going to get it.

Indeed, those were not his exact words either but that is exactly how his words came across as.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:59 pm

I don't think anyone is saying Blatter isn't an idiot. He's a cretin lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:16 pm

Goallegacy General Section Record

"First thread to reach 2 pages without disagreement on all camps"
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LordLS7 Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:25 pm

I thought my country's society was not as evolved as the European society, but it looks like their society does not reach my countrie's toes.

Most of you forum users also, you dont even know what racism really means.
A *bleep* word is not racism, a person can feel offended by it for not having self confidence.

Racism is when someone goes to a job interview and is rejected for being yellow, white, black, brown or whatever. Racism is when someone stop you from reaching a certain goal for how you are.

But still, you get offended for a *bleep* word (That probably was invented).
Europeans, North Americans or wherever you are from, you still have a long way to go.

When you say mother *bleep*, you are not insulting the mother of the receiver of the insult, you are simply demostrating your fury and you dont intend to insult his mother.
When you say son of a bitch, the same, you dont want to say his mother is a bitch.

LordLS7
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:36 pm

LordLS7 wrote:I thought my country's society was not as evolved as the European society, but it looks like their society does not reach my countrie's toes.

A *bleep* word is not racism, a person can feel offended by it for not having self confidence.

Racism is when someone goes to a job interview and is rejected for being yellow, white, black, brown or whatever. Racism is when someone stop you from reaching a certain goal for how you are.

Europeans, North Americans or wherever you are from, you still have a long way to go.

When you say mother *bleep*, you are not insulting the mother of the receiver of the insult, you are simply demostrating your fury and you dont intend to insult his mother.
When you say son of a bitch, the same, you dont want to say his mother is a bitch.

You were making some good points till your last paragraph. That was not needed at all.

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by LordLS7 Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:47 pm

kiranr wrote:
LordLS7 wrote:I thought my country's society was not as evolved as the European society, but it looks like their society does not reach my countrie's toes.

You were making some good points till your last paragraph. That was not needed at all.

Good. But tell me if im wrong. When you call someone son of a bitch, your intention is not offending the mom of the receiver of the insult, you simply want to show your fury.

LordLS7
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:54 pm

@TA

In real life on the street etc, thats exactly how you should respond to racism

But on a professional football pitch, the other person isn't just some random moron you can ignore and never have to see again.

I'm not one of those people that thinks players need to be role models off the pitch, but on the pitch is where they make their money, so they need to be held to a standard of conduct when they're out there on TV etc..

Getting racism out of football is FIFA's responsibility...so they can't just ignore the fact that they have racist players/fans and tell everyone to just ignore it and move on (like you can with random morons in the real world, as you mentioned)

Blatter is desperate to make it seem that racism is out of football, so he'll say anything to make it seem that way (as this whole scenario shows)
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:18 pm

Well, the next time someone says *something black something something* to a black player, that player should respond *something white something something*.

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Baraa Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:29 pm

this guy is stupid, this reflects his own believes.
Baraa
Baraa
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Moffo Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:37 pm

sorry i honestly don't get the outrage about the terry incident, from what i gather terry called ferdinand a black *bleep*, this is not racist, words can't be racist in of themselves. what i guess happend was ferdinands team(qpr?) got a call terry strongly disagreed with, now to relieve himself of his anger he wanted an insult that ferdiand would get the most upset about, thats how insulting works, if i know you hate the word nigger or you are sensitive about insults directed towards your mom thats what im going for.

So no you are not racist calling someone a black *bleep*, or nigger *bleep*.

Moffo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:10 pm

bhends wrote:@TA

In real life on the street etc, thats exactly how you should respond to racism

But on a professional football pitch, the other person isn't just some random moron you can ignore and never have to see again.

I'm not one of those people that thinks players need to be role models off the pitch, but on the pitch is where they make their money, so they need to be held to a standard of conduct when they're out there on TV etc..

Getting racism out of football is FIFA's responsibility...so they can't just ignore the fact that they have racist players/fans and tell everyone to just ignore it and move on (like you can with random morons in the real world, as you mentioned)

Blatter is desperate to make it seem that racism is out of football, so he'll say anything to make it seem that way (as this whole scenario shows)
Totally agree
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:15 pm

I know about that idea of racism...
In my country, by law, black people had to use seperate beaches, toilets, public anemities, schools and interracial marriage was against the law too.
In fact, Apartheid's over now, and I'm still denied a job as a white man because I'm white, or I have tougher criteria for gaining entrance to university. But that's not racism. That's affirmative action.
But words are the issue here. Because on the football pitch, that's all that can be done in terms of racism
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:20 am

I don't know why everyone is mad at Blatter, I totally agree with what he said. He simply meant to say that in the heat of the moment, people say stupid things on the pitch, but an apology and a handshake after such an incident may go a long way to calm nerves.

A case scenario, was the alleged "monkey" comments made at Marcelo by Busquets, Marcelo could have reacted angrily to what he thought he'd heard Busquets say, and violently attacked him or done something equally stupid, but he chose not to pay attention to him. I don't believe Busquets is a racist, although I believe he acted very stupidly if Marcelo's allegations were true.

And on a side note Blatter has done more for Blacks and Asians than another footballing executives, for over 15 years he went to all extents to make sure that the World Cup came to Africa and Asia. When the butthurt English press was all over South Africa, claiming an African country with a high crime rate could not host the world cup, Blatter stood by them, and his trust was vindicated, when Africa hosted a very beautiful World Cup.

I just think the world is becoming too politically correct, I don't find any problem with anyone calling me black, but quite surprisingly some people find it offensive and prefer to be called people of colour. SMH...
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum