eddy
LWL91
Luca
The Nature Boy
The_ItalianFool
pasquale22
10 posters

Go down

Martin Caceres: 'I can't hide my desire of one day going back to Turin' Empty Martin Caceres: 'I can't hide my desire of one day going back to Turin'

Post by pasquale22 Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:15 pm

Uruguay international Martin Caceres has revealed that he’d like a second chance with Italian club Juventus.

The defender, who can play as a centre-back or a right-back, spent the 2009-10 season on loan in Turin from Barcelona.

Despite having the option to sign him outright, Juve subsequently released him and he joined Spanish side Sevilla instead.

“I wouldn’t be disappointed with a return to Juventus,” the 24-year-old told Estadio Deportivo.

“I would like the opportunity to demonstrate my true worth, but this is what happens in football sometimes.

“I don’t really want to add anything else, but I can’t hide my desire of one day going back there.”

Caceres played in 15 Serie A games for the club, 11 from the start, in an injury affected campaign.

The stopper actually scored on his debut in the 2-0 win at Lazio in September 2009.

He appeared at the Stadio Olimpico again this week in Uruguay’s 1-0 victory over Italy.
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Martin Caceres: 'I can't hide my desire of one day going back to Turin' Empty Re: Martin Caceres: 'I can't hide my desire of one day going back to Turin'

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:24 pm

bring him back now marotta.

Perfect player for our bench, someone who can play both RB and CB. perfect. all we would need after that is a LB.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Martin Caceres: 'I can't hide my desire of one day going back to Turin' Empty Re: Martin Caceres: 'I can't hide my desire of one day going back to Turin'

Post by pasquale22 Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:27 pm

He can also play LB . He played there for a while with Uruguay. Top player
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:52 pm

Caceres is a better option than De Ceglie, I would like to resign him ASAP
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:58 pm

Come home Caceres

RB/LB/CB cover

Definitely starting LB

Caceres-Chiellini-Barzagli-Lichtsteiner

dang

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:06 pm

Luca wrote:Come home Caceres

RB/LB/CB cover

Definitely starting LB

Caceres-Chiellini-Barzagli-Lichtsteiner

dang

the fullbacks offer little going forward, but i dont care... that looks solid as a rock
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:46 pm

Caceres would be a perfect addition to our team as a LB/RB and even CB backup. Assist in the Italy - Uruguay game and very very good performances in the coppa america for his country. Id pick him over PDC anytime, now that it seems PDC is not the player we'd all hoped he was. No doubt Marotta will sign a new LB in January and if it be Caceres I think it's a good choice.

My only concern in the fact that he's right footed.. Anyone knows of right footed left backs???
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:50 pm

LWL91 wrote:Caceres would be a perfect addition to our team as a LB/RB and even CB backup. Assist in the Italy - Uruguay game and very very good performances in the coppa america for his country. Id pick him over PDC anytime, now that it seems PDC is not the player we'd all hoped he was. No doubt Marotta will sign a new LB in January and if it be Caceres I think it's a good choice.

My only concern in the fact that he's right footed.. Anyone knows of right footed left backs???

I dont think we should purchase him to be our starting LB. He isnt made for that, nor is he too experienced in that particular position. And as you said, he is a right so it is already an unnatural fit. I think he should be bought to add depth to our RB and CB position, and I also think we need a purchase just for the LB position, someone proven.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:08 pm

LWL91 wrote:Caceres would be a perfect addition to our team as a LB/RB and even CB backup. Assist in the Italy - Uruguay game and very very good performances in the coppa america for his country. Id pick him over PDC anytime, now that it seems PDC is not the player we'd all hoped he was. No doubt Marotta will sign a new LB in January and if it be Caceres I think it's a good choice.

Off the top of my head I can't think of any, that is a good point but I have seen him play LB for Uruguay with no troubles

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:13 pm

he was not good back that time we had him and used him as right back.but he is 24 now and i guess he is more experienced.he is better than Motta probably as right back cover but i dont think we need more bench players atm.

maybe if we get champions league football will be a good transfer in the summer but all depends at transfer fee.
eddy
eddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:44 pm

Motta has a name for himself in Sevilla, so a swap deal is definitely possible here.. Guess we should go for another LB then..

How about Cissokho?
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:05 pm

I can't hide my desire to see you return.

I would love this.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:47 am

He's a good defender when given a chance. Watched him destroy Chile's right-flank last week as well...with that assist one of Suarez's goals the highlight of his display.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:17 am

Bring in Cacares and Kolarov. That is top class for LB.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:28 pm

Grazie Pasquale for the mention.

Go for Caceres.

Though if it were not for damn Barcelona being greedy, he would already be a Juventus player. :coffee:
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:33 pm

he didnt perform well back that time guys.thats why we didnt sign him.

he is good but thats all he is not top and as right back we have Lich atm and he is not near Lich lvl but he could be a good choice as rotation as RB and CB probably next year if we get Champions league
eddy
eddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:07 pm

eddy wrote:he didnt perform well back that time guys.thats why we didnt sign him.

he is good but thats all he is not top and as right back we have Lich atm and he is not near Lich lvl but he could be a good choice as rotation as RB and CB probably next year if we get Champions league

Actually, it was similar to Aquilani; the price was too high and Barcelona would not budge from their evaluation and thus he was lost. What is funny is that in both cases, other teams bought them for a fraction of the cost.

Oh well. :coffee:
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:36 pm

yep usually it goes like this if you agree with a price you have to pay it to sign the player.usually teams dont want to lower the price but if you cant pay it they have to lower the price to sell the player anyway all this is bad management of Barcelona and Liverpool i am not sure if we made an offer for Caceres but with Aquilani Liverpool sold him in lower price from what we offered to him.

personally i am glad we didnt sign Aquiliani and i am not sure if a mid with Pirlo-Marchisio and Aquilani could work as Aquilani is more soft player and we had to put Marchisio to make the dirty work.now we can put Vidal to this role and have Marchisio to play more freely and its working great for both Juve and Marchisio.
eddy
eddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum