checazzofai
ErPupone
Patrick Bateman
schnix
chaval
DeviAngel
12 posters

Go down

Roma: Osvaldo punched Lamela!  Empty Roma: Osvaldo punched Lamela!

Post by DeviAngel Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:35 pm

There is controversy at Roma, as the club suspended Pablo Daniel Osvaldo for punching teammate Erik Lamela.

The two strikers came to blows in the locker room after Friday night’s 2-0 defeat to Udinese at the Stadio Friuli.

“There was this disrespectful gesture from Osvaldo towards a teammate and, on request of the Coach, the player will be sanctioned,” director Franco Baldini told Roma Channel.

It’s reported Luis Enrique asked for Osvaldo to be fined and suspended for 10 days, so he will miss the game against his former club Fiorentina.

Although Osvaldo plays for Italy, he was born and raised in Argentina, so could communicate with Argentine teammate Osvaldo.

Baldini also commented on reports of his own row with Enrique.

“I don’t think it’s a big problem if two people have different opinions when it comes to achieving the same objective. It’s just a chance to discuss.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Roma: Osvaldo punched Lamela!  Empty Re: Roma: Osvaldo punched Lamela!

Post by chaval Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:12 pm

Time for Borrielo Afro
chaval
chaval
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:23 pm

Roma: Osvaldo punched Lamela!  Mar30boriello
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:20 pm

This is *bleep* up....
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:33 pm

Maybe now Lamela will pass the ball more often,the kid has loads of talent but my goodness he is an awful ball hog...

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:18 am

If only we could see what actually happened. I doubt Osvaldo punched him just because he didn't pass, there must have been some sort of argument in the dressing room.

As for the disciplinary measures, a fine is a must. Suspension? I wouldn't mind management going down hard on this one. Have him train regularly so he doesn't drop his fitness, but suspend him for a game or two for a first offense.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:50 am

This is exactly what we didnt need at this point, but what matters to me is apparently they made up and apologized to the rest of the squad so whatever happens with his punishment at least the players have resolved it.
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:51 am

The reason why I dont want to see him suspended is because he is our best forward(after Totti of course) and by making him sit out of league matches it would be punishing not just Osvaldo, but the entire squad. Im hoping they just fine him and hes back by our next match.
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sukrut23 Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:08 am

The Fonz wrote:Maybe now Lamela will pass the ball more often,the kid has loads of talent but my goodness he is an awful ball hog...

+1
Totally agree on your assesment of Lamela. He has a lot of potential but he has to know when to let go of the ball.

I did a little Lamela bashing in the other thread for the 3 v 3 situation when he opted to shoot(like a p***y with sand in it) and not pass to Osvaldo. I think the punch was for that incident.

I do not support punching teammates.

p.s.-- Why was Menez never punched? 0_0
sukrut23
sukrut23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:58 pm

Official: maximum fine upon request of Luis Enrique (around 30 000 euros) plus a suspension of 10 days. However, apparently upon request of the players, Osvaldo will be allowed to train regularly during those 10 days.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:23 pm

sukrut23 wrote:
The Fonz wrote:Maybe now Lamela will pass the ball more often,the kid has loads of talent but my goodness he is an awful ball hog...

+1
Totally agree on your assesment of Lamela. He has a lot of potential but he has to know when to let go of the ball.

I did a little Lamela bashing in the other thread for the 3 v 3 situation when he opted to shoot(like a p***y with sand in it) and not pass to Osvaldo. I think the punch was for that incident.

I do not support punching teammates.

p.s.-- Why was Menez never punched? 0_0

he didint pass because osvaldo would have missed it anyway..
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:23 pm

Disgrace, thank god... now I don't have to see him playing for Italy.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:30 pm

Lamela is a ball hog because back at River he was the only creative source for the team (they played 5-3-2-1 and averaged about a goal a game, a very conservative approach that backfired tremendously). Argentine teams also rely on dribbling much more than elsewhere, which is partly why we produce great dribblers, but it's also a hindrance. He's 19, he'll learn to play the ball more often, he's still adapting to Europe.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:29 pm

Lamela: ‘You’re not Maradona’

Reports are emerging detailing the finer points of Erik Lamela and Pablo Daniel Osvaldo’s clash that led to the latter’s fine and suspension.

Osvaldo was reportedly angry with Lamela for failing to pass the ball to him during Friday’s defeat at Udinese and picked up a suspension and €50,000 fine from Roma for allegedly punching the young Argentine in the dressing room afterwards.

Catalan outlet El Confidencial are today running a report detailing the argument between the pair and exactly what they allege Lamela said that prompted Osvaldo’s reaction that he was subsequently punished for.

It is believed that Osvaldo was initially irritated in the dressing room after the match by Lamela ignoring his complaints about not passing to him and snapped, “I’m older than you and this is not River, answer as I speak.”

The former River Plate youngster Lamela reportedly then responded, “Shut your mouth, you’re not Maradona.”

At this point it is alleged that Osvaldo went for Lamela and gave him a slap - not a punch as has been originally suggested - before the pair pushed each other a few times prior to teammates intervening.

Further details are also reported on Luis Enrique’s stance on the issue. Despite the two players reportedly settling their differences before the Spaniard’s intervention and a number of their teammates including Gabriel Heinze pleading that Osvaldo was not punished, Enrique was resolute.

“The technical decisions are mine, so return to training and be silent.”

At Enrique’s behest, Osvaldo received the maximum fine possible and has been made unavailable for selection for next weekend’s match with Fiorentina. However, he did relent to allow the striker to remain training with the rest of the group, after initially wanting to have him train alone.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:45 pm

Good points by both sides (Osvaldo and Lamela), the truth lies somewhere in the middle.
narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:47 pm

Argentine media are saying Osvaldo said "I'm better than you. This is not River, when I speak to you you have to reply".
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:59 pm

osvaldo wasn't even good enough for river when he was erik's age :coffee:
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:25 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Argentine media are saying Osvaldo said "I'm better than you. This is not River, when I speak to you you have to reply".

Every Italian source says "older", though this story was very much covered by some Spanish speaking sources so it could go either way.

And yea I'm somewhere down the middle in this one. Osvaldo was right to be upset, but he went overboard. Seeing as how the whole team, especially Heinze, are taking Osvaldo's side, I'm starting to think over my position. Maybe the suspension is a little harsh, but what he did was still inexcusable.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:31 am

ErPupone wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Argentine media are saying Osvaldo said "I'm better than you. This is not River, when I speak to you you have to reply".

Every Italian source says "older", though this story was very much covered by some Spanish speaking sources so it could go either way.

And yea I'm somewhere down the middle in this one. Osvaldo was right to be upset, but he went overboard. Seeing as how the whole team, especially Heinze, are taking Osvaldo's side, I'm starting to think over my position. Maybe the suspension is a little harsh, but what he did was still inexcusable.

I think regardless of whether he said "better" or "older", it doesn't paint Osvaldo in the best light. Either way, it makes him sound as if he thinks himself superior to Lamela....which doesn't really rub me the right way. They are teammates and should be equals. There shouldn't be a superiority complex between them. What Osvaldo said as well as what he did was wrong....a "better" or even "older" player would've reacted much differently to such callous words of impudence from Lamela, who obviously succeeded in provoking a reaction.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down