Bayern Munich's Philipp Lahm: We are close to Barcelona's level

2 posters

Go down

Bayern Munich's Philipp Lahm: We are close to Barcelona's level Empty Bayern Munich's Philipp Lahm: We are close to Barcelona's level

Post by rwo power Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:41 pm

Source

Bayern Munich's Philipp Lahm: We are close to Barcelona's level

The Germany defender says the Bavarians no longer fear the Catalan club and believes his side are now closer to the level of the European champions than in the last few years

Bayern Munich defender Philipp Lahm says the Bavarian club are close to matching the level of European champions Barcelona as they continue to improve under coach Jupp Heynckes.

Bayern dropped to third in the Bundesliga on Sunday following a surprise 3-2 defeat at Mainz, but have been in excellent form both domestically and continentally so far this term.

Indeed, many observers have tipped the Bavarians to challenge the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona for this season's Champions League crown - and Lahm believes anything is possible.

"A few years ago, we would have said that out of 10 games against Barcelona, we would lose nine. But now the situation is a little different," he said in quotes published by Bild.

"We are close to it now. And it's exactly the same with Germany and Spain. I have the same feeling I do in Bavaria as I do with Germany: we can strike down these big teams."

Bayern lost the Bundesliga leadership by losing to Thomas Tuchel's struggling side despite two goals from defender Daniel van Buyten.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich's Philipp Lahm: We are close to Barcelona's level Empty Re: Bayern Munich's Philipp Lahm: We are close to Barcelona's level

Post by The Messiah Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:19 pm

Some people should learn when to talk.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum