Was Carroll to Liverpool more overpriced than Ibra to Barca?

+42
Mr Nick09
Magricos
justdoit_
Patrick Bateman
kiranr
Arquitecto
elmickio
S
Red Alert
Grande_Milano
BeautifulGame
Nishankly
iftikhar
guest7
ycheah
The Franchise
dostoevsky
harhar11
Highburied
BiasedMilanFan3
Luca
chaval
CBarca
The Madrid One
andiii
Dnmac4
michael1
juventus101
anirudhkitt
Error
Zealous
The Messiah
gunner1987
Pedram
Sushi Master
Raptorgunner
EarlyPrototype
the xcx
Vibe
Adit
Lord Awesome
Great Leader Sprucenuce
46 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Was Carroll to Liverpool more overpriced than Ibra to Barca? Empty Was Carroll to Liverpool more overpriced than Ibra to Barca?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:49 pm

Think about it Carroll is someone who scored 11 in 20 games a decent half a season in his whole career, while Ibra while yes he did cost 40 million plus Eto'o he is a genuine WC player and had outperformed Kaka for 2 or 3 seasons in a row when both were in Serie A and just unfortuantly for him didnt fit in......

I think Carroll is a bigger rip off tbh.

Discuss.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Was Carroll to Liverpool more overpriced than Ibra to Barca? Empty Re: Was Carroll to Liverpool more overpriced than Ibra to Barca?

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:51 pm

Definately. Laughing That might change in the future, though. Ibra was already WC.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Was Carroll to Liverpool more overpriced than Ibra to Barca? Empty Re: Was Carroll to Liverpool more overpriced than Ibra to Barca?

Post by Adit Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:52 pm

I read somewhere he is the most expensive english man in PL history,is it true? then who is second?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:52 pm

Adit wrote:I read somewhere he is the most expensive english man in PL history,is it true? then who is second?

Be either Rio Ferdinand or Rooney i would of thought.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:53 pm

I believe Mole's effort of hyping him on this forum earned Newcastle an extra 10 mill banana
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:54 pm

btw, what happened to Carolls money anyway?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:55 pm

I think Barca's was worse because they lost Eto'o through Ibra.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:57 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:I think Barca's was worse because they lost Eto'o through Ibra.
:facepalm: :facepalm:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:58 pm

The xcx wrote:btw, what happened to Carolls money anyway?

Your about to find out in January Wink

Seriously i think it will be used over a few Windows the club will not get themselves into the situation we got ourselfs into in the Shepherd era......

It's Arsenal style transfers from here on out and i personally prefer it that way......

All the previous era gave us was relegation, overrated players and lots of debt.

And Vibe it could of been more than 10mill lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:58 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:I think Barca's was worse because they lost Eto'o through Ibra.

scratch
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:58 pm

Agree with this. No money in the world could replicate Eto'o. He'd still be playing if at Barca, IMO, plus you wouldn't even have needed Villa.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:00 pm

What happened to him ? he has faded away since becoming a Liverpool player.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:02 pm

El Pipita wrote:What happened to him ? he has faded away since becoming a Liverpool player.
No Nolan and Barton, that's what happened......

90% of his goals at Newcastle came from that combo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gunner1987 Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:04 pm

I dont watch Liverpool much... but the two times I have watched (Man city and Norwich) Carroll has come on at the end of the game and was denied winners in the dying seconds of each... Both headers I Believe. Both saves were incredible and I wonder if we would be saying something different had they not been saved?? I mean, to save Liverpools ass at home against Norwich and then net the game winner against top of the table Man City... hmm

Still overpriced though

gunner1987
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:04 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

scratch

Giving up Eto for Ibra. :facepalm: :facepalm:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:06 pm

gunner1987 wrote:I dont watch Liverpool much... but the two times I have watched (Man city and Norwich) Carroll has come on at the end of the game and was denied winners in the dying seconds of each... Both headers I Believe. Both saves were incredible and I wonder if we would be saying something different had they not been saved?? I mean, to save Liverpools ass at home against Norwich and then net the game winner against top of the table Man City... hmm

Still overpriced though

LOL I know, same here.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:06 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

scratch

Giving up Eto for Ibra. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Ohhh lol. Thought the facepalm was towards me. Very Happy
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:11 pm

Carrol falls down a lot.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:06 pm

The xcx wrote:btw, what happened to Carolls money anyway?

It's being used in the "Buy Ashley some pies" budget.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Error Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:25 pm

Trading Torres for Carroll and 18mil sounds much better deal than Ibra for Eto'o and 40mil no matter how you try to twist it. And Carroll was at least young unlike Ibra who was already in his prime age, so it can be counted as a long time investment.
Error
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by anirudhkitt Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:35 pm

Now first of all we are not comparing players, there is no doubt that Ibra is better than Carroll.

However as far as the clubs are concerned, lets see how these transfers panned out for them.

1. For Barcelona, they lost Eto (best striker at that time imo) and havent been able to replace him till now (Villa not performing at capable level). Since Ibra left the club, they have lost money and a perfect striker so definitely a flop

2. For Liverpool, they did spend a lot of money and till now, Carroll has not set the stage alight. However he has not played badly and is very young and MOST IMPORTANTLY, he is still at the club and has not even completed a year. So cannot say he has flopped yet and can still reach his potential.

So as far as i am concerned, Barcelona's transfer was definitely the worse deal.
anirudhkitt
anirudhkitt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:16 pm

Carroll was oneof the biggest rip offs ive ever seen. All that money for a guy who had one or two good seasons. Ibra on the other hand wasnt a bad move, he was proven as oneof, if not THE best striker in the world, he just didnt fit into Barcas system.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:45 pm

Definantly a worse move then ibra but only on the fact that liverpool paid a ridiculous price for a player who had half a good season, where as ibra was a proven match winner.

So in that regard it definantly was worse.

But ibra and eto swap has to be one of the worst deals everrr.

With that money they could have gotten augero.

michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:15 pm

No.

Michael Owen to Newcastle was the biggest rip off of history. Because he was finished by then.

Signing a 22 year old, who has time on his side, is never as much of a rip off as signing an absolute has been.

All in all, well done Andy for winning the penalty yesterday (though he missed it) and running his bollocks off to pressure Alex and Luiz and don't let them build the play up , and should have had another peno, but Dowd was scared to give it.

Bet he'll score the winner vs City in Carling Cup Semi and guide us to our first trophy since 2006.

Up Mr. Carroll, love the frustrated man

Wouldn't mind if we bought Colocini-Cabaye-Tiote in Jan just in an attempt to troll and butthurt Mole pirat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:47 pm

What is wrong with some of you people? It's like you just make up your own history and present it as fact.

NO MATTER WHAT Eto'o was gone from Barca, period. Pep wanted to get rid of him the year before and didn't and made a point to get rid of him after the CL wining year was out plus he was NEVER going to resign him.

You people who say they lost Eto'o or traded Ibra for Eto'o are just plain ignoring the facts. First of all they didn't lose Eto'o they got rid of him it was there choice mostly for non footballing reason's, and the fact they would have had to resign him. It may have been a bad choice but it was already made.

Barca were going to sign a WC striker and get rid of Eto'o no matter what and they thought they were getting Villa but Valencia backed out and they were kinda stuck with this deal because ETO"O WAS NOT COMING BACK.

On another note I still think Carroll can put it all together, he's only 22, and yes 35 mill was way too much but in the right system he could easily be a top 5 goal scorer in the EPL in the future he has all the tools.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next