Matchday 16: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona (Sat 10/12 22 CET 16 ET)

+32
messixaviesta
guest7
vivabarca38
shinigami99
Sir Psycho
everest1
The Lizard King
Albiceleste
EarlyPrototype
BarcaLearning
harhar11
Adit
jontsu
free_cat
BarcaKizz
billionmillion
alexjanosik
CBarca
Khaled
The Franchise
Jack Daniels
Le Samourai
The Sanchez
eelir
Jonathan28
Great Leader Sprucenuce
kiranr
the xcx
Zealous
billy_gr
ijomer
BarrileteCosmico
36 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Matchday 16: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona (Sat 10/12 22 CET 16 ET) - Page 7 Empty Re: Matchday 16: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona (Sat 10/12 22 CET 16 ET)

Post by Khaled Sun 11 Dec 2011 - 19:07

:mental:

Matchday 16: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona (Sat 10/12 22 CET 16 ET) - Page 7 Tumblr_lw0ezezOKA1qad9dvo3_250

Matchday 16: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona (Sat 10/12 22 CET 16 ET) - Page 7 390147_2329901176737_1525965793_32027588_1388038573_n

Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Matchday 16: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona (Sat 10/12 22 CET 16 ET) - Page 7 Empty Re: Matchday 16: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona (Sat 10/12 22 CET 16 ET)

Post by The Franchise Sun 11 Dec 2011 - 20:33

I felt Sanchez played a important part to be honest. He was the only man I would call playing as a forward, he had to occupy at least 2 players and I think he did that. He made runs to the left and drew fouls and made them to the right to get his goal. He was quite in terms of touches of the ball compared to say the last 2 games but I think with us playing with basically 6 midfielders at times he didnt have anyone to pass it in a better position than himself. I felt his running and ability to face up Coentrao, drag Pepe around and make runs into scoring zones while not crucial to the win (other than the goal) gave us some positives.

Other than Cesc, I did feel Pep got it right Alex. Very right. I do think though, Pep knows what Cesc does...he is too smart not to. I think he knows he wont be dictating the midfield that much, he is using and abusing Cesc´s ability to make runs in the box late and with nobody picking him up.

Anyway, I will copy and paste what I wrote from the other thread.

I got to watch the game over again, just from a tactical view. When I watched the game the first time, the event of the game distracts me too much to really look at the tactics of the game. I notice things of course, but to pinpoint everything in that state isnt easy unless that is the point of what im trying to do.

Anyway. I felt it was the usual defence and midfield to start, with Messi and Cesc much closer to the midfield than usual. With this, Iniesta was much wider than usual. Often overloading the rightback zone when Sanchez went that side too. Sanchez did an important job, he occupied as much of the backline as possible with his movement laterally. He was on the right, on the left and down the center. His basic position was in between Coentrao and Pepe but often making runs laterally left (which he drew 2 or 3 fouls in wide positions) and right (when he got his goal). Cesc didnt have a role to play, which is why he did nothing for most of the game. I expect his job was to get in the box and on the end of things late, which he did for his goal. Aside from that, he didnt do anything other than get himself marked which opened up Messi. Messi dropped deep, and because we had so many players centerally who had to be picked up he often had time to gather it, turn and run. The amount of space he got was key to the game.

After maybe 20 minutes, Dani Alves got forward more. Puyol rotated out to rightback when the ball went there. Busquets who I thought was as good as anyone on the pitch did a duel role, "false centerback". He dropped in to keep the numerical advantage at the back when constructing play and often brought it out from the back. But defensively, he understood he still to ensure Ozil couldnt turn and face the back 4 and he instantly got to him and keep his back to goal when we pressed. I thought he was superb.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun 11 Dec 2011 - 21:17

The Franchise wrote:Half time thoughts, very simple.

Valdes is a ho, Cesc is so slow and pointless it hurts my head thinking about it and Messi is the boss of all bosses. No more tackles though or we might lose him.

With him dropping so deep, there is no point of Cesc.

Get him off, bring on Pedro and im happy.

Even game tbh, but I can feel we have the ability to win this.

Iniesta playing like garbage, if he can get going we could be in.

Lool intersting HT thoughts...

The Franchise wrote:So what have we learnt today?

Stop trying to play football against us, it doesnt matter how good you think you are and how much you own everyone else.

Park the bus and try again next time.

Laughing Agreed.

Giggity5313 wrote:Congrats Sad Sad

NoOoOoOoOoOoOoOOOoooOOoooooOOo

Do you guys want ronaldo Laughing

BarcaKizz wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:Congrats Sad Sad

NoOoOoOoOoOoOoOOOoooOOoooooOOo

Do you guys want ronaldo Laughing

Have anyone to offer that can hit the target? hmm

Laughing Laughing

Deathrow898 wrote:Good game It was so even but we had the better luck at the end.

Madrid should have won the game in the beginning but a combination of poor finishing and bad decision making in the final third cost them the game.

THB I thought this was madrids game I dont really remember a time when they were so strong and on form but I could be wrong.

PS Whats with all the cesc bashing?? I can say that only a few things bother me about him are his poor team pressing in defense and occationally his positional awareness all of which can be easily taken care of....But as he learns barcas way I see him shining even more..

ANYWAY Good game BARCA!!! cheers drinking

I Agree, dont forget that Cesc and Sanchez are in their first season only! They have both performed well this season under the circumstances. Sznchez slowly and Cesc right away. Cesc might not be perfect fit every game but he certainly adds another dimension to the team, and Im not sure about this game, but his 3rd goal alone by running into the box and beating the defender with the header was priceless, and justifies his attributes to the team.

The biggest priase must go to Guardiola again. He has bought these 2 players in the summer, given them lots of starts when many doubted that, partly to deal with Real im sure of it Smile What a man Cool

Lionel Messi wrote:Puyol was an absolute rock. Heart :bow:

Wooo Hooo~! Motm should be Puyol this game!

alexjanosik wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Half time thoughts, very simple.

Valdes is a ho, Cesc is so slow and pointless it hurts my head thinking about it and Messi is the boss of all bosses. No more tackles though or we might lose him.

With him dropping so deep, there is no point of Cesc.

Get him off, bring on Pedro and im happy.

Even game tbh, but I can feel we have the ability to win this.

Iniesta playing like garbage, if he can get going we could be in.

I was thinking the exact same thing at half time.
I know we win but still cant help but feel that Pep got things wrong.
Also know that both Cesc and Sanchez scored but imo his decision to play the both of them almost cost us the match.Both did absolutely nothing apart from the goals.
Cesc again did his 'Lost Puppy' act.He was atrocious.I hope Barca fans realize that he is nowhere even remotely close to Xavi and can never be.
Had thiago played instead we would have won more comfortably.
Sanchez scored a goal but other that that his best contribution was whining to the ref.
We were basically playing a couple of men down with Cesc and Sancehz on the pitch.

Tactically its also meant that Iniesta was on the wing and it showed as we couldnt dominate the midfield.He was having a poor game in the first half.

But interesting tactical change by Pep in the second half.
He pushed Alves up into midfield,dropped Busqutes back into defense and played Puyol at RB.But it wasnt a conventional back four.Busquets would often come into midfield as a sweeper.
Alexis played the role of CF.
But this time Iniesta started dropping into midfield and Cesc would go over to the left.
As a result we started controlling the midfield and from then on there was no chance as Madrid were left chasing shadows.

On the players Messi was the MOM.I know he sort of faded out after we went up 3-1 but with the game on the line and almost all of our players struggling,he stepped up and took the game by the scruff of the neck and delivered big time.Didnt score but he had just one chance and Casillas pulled off an excellent save.Still the best player on the pitch.
Like i said,if he wins La Liga and CL this season GOAT for me.

Sergio Busquets :bow:
And to think there are idiots who think he is not world class.
best player on the pitch after Messi.
Apart from Messi the only other brilliant Barca player in the first half and played a sweeper in the second half again briliantly.
Basically he played the Beckenbauer role in a 4 man backline in the Clasico of all matches and he did it brilliantly.
There is no other player in the world who could have done that.
Great great player and one of my favorites now.

Alves too was senastional.Our third best player.Excellent game from him and put in some wonderful crosses.

Lastly I had written that I was supremely confident we would win and we did.
Madrid may beat whoever they want but we are still the team to beat.

BarcaKizz wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:Agree with a lot of it Alex... but Sanchez was not crap... He was an excellent outlet and gave Coentrao a lot of trouble. When he scored the goal I was thinking to myself that you had talked about wanting Pedro in a goalscoring position and not him. He took it marvellously, that goal alone should give you faith in him. He was good.

I don't think any of our attackers were superb at all tonight... in fact I thought that we were still playing well below our best.

Good to see you also noticed Busi and Alves, I thought they were brilliant. Puyol was equally as good.

I don't want to pick players out because I thought it was a great performance. However, I was hoping Cesc would be subbed... he wasn't doing anything, but again he scores an important goal. Can't complain sorry. If thats his job... he's doing it.

You didnt think Messi was superb.
For once our midfield struggled,the other forwards were poor.
Who stepped up?
Messi did and dragged us back into the match.
I am sure that had he not been on the pitch we would have lost the match.

Messi was great... Messi was Messi. Thats the thing. He's our key player, we certainly may have lost it without him. He played within himself though. A moment of brilliance to set up Sanchez, but Sanchez finished that superbly, had a lot of work to do himself. He was reasonably influential otherwise but no... I don't believe he carried Barca on his back tonight. Team performance for me. If I gave my ratings he may well top them, or equally top them but unlike so often, tonight wasn't the Messi show.

Messi was paid special attention again, surely by Mourinhos orders, and he was quite today, but still managed a few key moments despite being well below par. Sanchez did very well as Kizz pointed out, leading the line with his pace and giving Real lots of problems as the lone striker.

Thx for Alex on the analysis of Iniesta and Cesc switching...and I think looknig at the first half compared with the second there was a difference. Once Iniesta turned it on it was awesome.

Lionel Messi wrote:I feel blessed to have been able to watch this game and witness how great this team is.

WOOO HOOOO~!!!! Well said!

messixaviesta wrote:
The Franchise wrote:So what have we learnt today?

Stop trying to play football against us, it doesnt matter how good you think you are and how much you own everyone else.

Park the bus and try again next time.

Indeed dani. I felt just the same. The moment we go up one gear there isn't a team including Real Madrid who can compete with us at least in an open game. To their credit they did try playing football this time but I am quite sure that the next time they face us they will be back to their erstwhile barbaric ways. Also in spite of all the bitterness and enmity they feel towards us they clearly suffer from a sense of self doubt when they face us and it starts showing in the body language of various players.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I hope they dont use the dirty plays again...and dead right about the last bit. I think Real players actually fear now in their minds nowdays, became a curse to them! Twisted Evil

billy_gr wrote:predictions for next classico:
Pepe, Crvalho and Conan the Barbarian to play midfielders.
WE are on a different level guys.

I just love how winning Ajax and Lyon made them feel unbeatable.
Also this Mou doesn't loose home games got old for good.

Best PLayers on the pitch for me, Puyol and Messi.
Villa shold have come in earlier

Laughing Laughing Thumbs up

matpol wrote:Matchday 16: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona (Sat 10/12 22 CET 16 ET) - Page 7 Tumblr_lw1oatOWCX1qd311qo1_500

That will be it for all this stories about 'great Madrid'.

We are better than them and our team is big game team. Our players step ups in big matches. However we must improve in games against lesser rivals, we cannot show again this complacency, we must stop wasting chances. If we don't than we won't win La Liga, Madrid will beat all lesser teams, they are flat track bullies.

Laughing Ur right!

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Huh? I'm confused. It was Cesc the one that was anonymous, and Sanchez the one that was a danger.

Eta: What did you guys think of Valdes' game yesterday? He made some good saves, but I watching him pass the ball yesterday almost gave me a heart attack. A lot of very very close balls.

matpol wrote:khaled good gif Very Happy

That one is also good

Matchday 16: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona (Sat 10/12 22 CET 16 ET) - Page 7 Attachment

The Franchise wrote:I felt Sanchez played a important part to be honest. He was the only man I would call playing as a forward, he had to occupy at least 2 players and I think he did that. He made runs to the left and drew fouls and made them to the right to get his goal. He was quite in terms of touches of the ball compared to say the last 2 games but I think with us playing with basically 6 midfielders at times he didnt have anyone to pass it in a better position than himself. I felt his running and ability to face up Coentrao, drag Pepe around and make runs into scoring zones while not crucial to the win (other than the goal) gave us some positives.

Other than Cesc, I did feel Pep got it right Alex. Very right. I do think though, Pep knows what Cesc does...he is too smart not to. I think he knows he wont be dictating the midfield that much, he is using and abusing Cesc´s ability to make runs in the box late and with nobody picking him up.

I got to watch the game over again, just from a tactical view. When I watched the game the first time, the event of the game distracts me too much to really look at the tactics of the game. I notice things of course, but to pinpoint everything in that state isnt easy unless that is the point of what im trying to do.

Anyway. I felt it was the usual defence and midfield to start, with Messi and Cesc much closer to the midfield than usual. With this, Iniesta was much wider than usual. Often overloading the rightback zone when Sanchez went that side too. Sanchez did an important job, he occupied as much of the backline as possible with his movement laterally. He was on the right, on the left and down the center. His basic position was in between Coentrao and Pepe but often making runs laterally left (which he drew 2 or 3 fouls in wide positions) and right (when he got his goal). Cesc didnt have a role to play, which is why he did nothing for most of the game. I expect his job was to get in the box and on the end of things late, which he did for his goal. Aside from that, he didnt do anything other than get himself marked which opened up Messi. Messi dropped deep, and because we had so many players centerally who had to be picked up he often had time to gather it, turn and run. The amount of space he got was key to the game.

After maybe 20 minutes, Dani Alves got forward more. Puyol rotated out to rightback when the ball went there. Busquets who I thought was as good as anyone on the pitch did a duel role, "false centerback". He dropped in to keep the numerical advantage at the back when constructing play and often brought it out from the back. But defensively, he understood he still to ensure Ozil couldnt turn and face the back 4 and he instantly got to him and keep his back to goal when we pressed. I thought he was superb.

Thumbs up banana
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun 11 Dec 2011 - 22:04

Abigod's reading of the game was superb last night :bow:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon 12 Dec 2011 - 15:23

The Franchise wrote:I felt Sanchez played a important part to be honest. He was the only man I would call playing as a forward, he had to occupy at least 2 players and I think he did that. He made runs to the left and drew fouls and made them to the right to get his goal. He was quite in terms of touches of the ball compared to say the last 2 games but I think with us playing with basically 6 midfielders at times he didnt have anyone to pass it in a better position than himself. I felt his running and ability to face up Coentrao, drag Pepe around and make runs into scoring zones while not crucial to the win (other than the goal) gave us some positives.

Ok,maybe Pep is playing Fab for the goals and you could say that he was justified as Fab scored a goal.
But had Thiago played from the start in place of Fab then we would have controlled the midfield much better in the first half.
As it was Cesc did his lost puppy act and Xavi and Busquets had no one to pass to in midfield.
Or instead of Fab,had Iniesta played in midfield and Villa upfront we would still have been much better.
On Sanchez on watching the game again,you are right.He did contribute with his lateral movement.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 12 Dec 2011 - 16:45

I dont disagree about Cesc v Thiago, of course not.

Cesc offers a bigger goal threat, while Thiago gives us better connection. I felt while we had 60% of the ball, with Thiago we could of had more and therefore more control.

Bringing Cesc on later when we established this control would of been worthwhile because the game would be more open and his runs harder to pick up.

It was no accident Keita came on for Cesc, I think Pep wants/wanted that type of player who makes those runs..Keita and Cesc both do that. Of course Keita better defensive attributes were part of the reason too.

I do agree though, at half time I wrote I wanted Cesc off for Pedro.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 12 Dec 2011 - 20:00

kiranr wrote:
I neg'ed you Zealous! That's right. It was my counter that nullified your jinx last game.

This is not going to work! Mad
Kiranr :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Matchday 16: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona (Sat 10/12 22 CET 16 ET) - Page 7 Empty I'm back (and my take on the derbi)

Post by free_cat Mon 12 Dec 2011 - 21:16

Hi guys, I was mostly away for several weeks, as I've been avoiding football related stuff since our loss to Getafe Castilla, and afterwards I was on holiday for a few days.

I've been reading the forum in my cellphone this last days though, and I wanted to give my take on el Clasico as I've read some views (mainly Madrid fans') which are wrong. As always, I'm happy that our enemies struggle to analyse the reality as it has been for the last 3 years. This means it will take longer for them to find solutions. Anyway:

- Mental Issues: Madrid fans seem to agree that they lose vs. us because of mental issues. I think this is wrong. Mentality is important (although I think that it's generally and overated factor), but I don't think Madrid players are weak mentally. Even Cristiano's alleged mental block against us doesn't exist: it's just that he is a player who has a great physical advantadge vs. average players, but when he faces Top players, he strugles to make a difference. Also, he has never been a clinical player: he could have missed those two opportunities any game, but vs. other teams, he would have 3-5 more chances and scored a couple. Vs. Barça, he only had 2 chances and free-kicks.

- Luck: Mourinho said we won by luck, saying our second goal was luck and Valdes' save to Kaka was also luck. Lol. What about their first goal? Weren't they lucky with two random rebounds falling at Madrid players? What about all those chances Iniesta created in the second half and ended in nothing? What about Valdes skil and reflexes on Kaka's save? Moronic.

- Man of the match: Everyone is acting like Iniesta won us the match (Madrid fans too!). Our win was a team effort, but if there was a MOM, it was CLEARLY, Carles Puyol. He was enormous. He tackled Benzema, Cristiano, Kaka and Di Maria countless of times, made 0 mistakes, and played the perfect CB-RB double role.

- Final points: we have a much better midfield than Madrid, and if they don't pack their midfield with defenders they have a lot of trouble vs. us. Also, we saw again that Pep is smart, and outwitted mourinho with his weird combo tactics that changed from a 4411 in defence, to a 361 in attack.

Ps. Kizz if you want you can merge it with other classico threads, but I opened the thread so people will read it. Yeah, I'm an attention whore. Very Happy

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue 13 Dec 2011 - 0:07

alexjanosik wrote:

Ok,maybe Pep is playing Fab for the goals and you could say that he was justified as Fab scored a goal.
But had Thiago played from the start in place of Fab then we would have controlled the midfield much better in the first half.
As it was Cesc did his lost puppy act and Xavi and Busquets had no one to pass to in midfield.
Or instead of Fab,had Iniesta played in midfield and Villa upfront we would still have been much better.
On Sanchez on watching the game again,you are right.He did contribute with his lateral movement.

I think many ppl underestimated Cesc still. He offers such dynamics to Barca, hes just nto eye catching. For his goal, he was actually the one who tackled and won the ball in our own half, galloped up all the way to head in that goal! He played left attacker, LM, DM, CM, and did lots of defensive duties in this game which nobody noticed, but vital. I think Thiago is very different to Cesc despite similarities that they are good at possession and link play, but Thiago for me is a bit like Xavi more, whereas Cesc offers more in area attributes.

The Franchise wrote:I dont disagree about Cesc v Thiago, of course not.

Cesc offers a bigger goal threat, while Thiago gives us better connection. I felt while we had 60% of the ball, with Thiago we could of had more and therefore more control.

Bringing Cesc on later when we established this control would of been worthwhile because the game would be more open and his runs harder to pick up.

It was no accident Keita came on for Cesc, I think Pep wants/wanted that type of player who makes those runs..Keita and Cesc both do that. Of course Keita better defensive attributes were part of the reason too.

I do agree though, at half time I wrote I wanted Cesc off for Pedro.

free_cat wrote:Hi guys, I was mostly away for several weeks, as I've been avoiding football related stuff since our loss to Getafe Castilla, and afterwards I was on holiday for a few days.

I've been reading the forum in my cellphone this last days though, and I wanted to give my take on el Clasico as I've read some views (mainly Madrid fans') which are wrong. As always, I'm happy that our enemies struggle to analyse the reality as it has been for the last 3 years. This means it will take longer for them to find solutions. Anyway:

- Mental Issues: Madrid fans seem to agree that they lose vs. us because of mental issues. I think this is wrong. Mentality is important (although I think that it's generally and overated factor), but I don't think Madrid players are weak mentally. Even Cristiano's alleged mental block against us doesn't exist: it's just that he is a player who has a great physical advantadge vs. average players, but when he faces Top players, he strugles to make a difference. Also, he has never been a clinical player: he could have missed those two opportunities any game, but vs. other teams, he would have 3-5 more chances and scored a couple. Vs. Barça, he only had 2 chances and free-kicks.

- Luck: Mourinho said we won by luck, saying our second goal was luck and Valdes' save to Kaka was also luck. Lol. What about their first goal? Weren't they lucky with two random rebounds falling at Madrid players? What about all those chances Iniesta created in the second half and ended in nothing? What about Valdes skil and reflexes on Kaka's save? Moronic.

- Man of the match: Everyone is acting like Iniesta won us the match (Madrid fans too!). Our win was a team effort, but if there was a MOM, it was CLEARLY, Carles Puyol. He was enormous. He tackled Benzema, Cristiano, Kaka and Di Maria countless of times, made 0 mistakes, and played the perfect CB-RB double role.

- Final points: we have a much better midfield than Madrid, and if they don't pack their midfield with defenders they have a lot of trouble vs. us. Also, we saw again that Pep is smart, and outwitted mourinho with his weird combo tactics that changed from a 4411 in defence, to a 361 in attack.

Ps. Kizz if you want you can merge it with other classico threads, but I opened the thread so people will read it. Yeah, I'm an attention whore. Very Happy

Agree with many of ur points there, although it has to be true that many of the Real players have mental scars now after playing us so many times and losing so much Laughing Laughing Laughing Glad to read it mentioned just now on soccernet in their new article too Cool
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue 13 Dec 2011 - 3:26

I might underrate defenders, but I felt that Messi's performance was far and ahead the best of the day. He was the sole creative force. Every attack went through him. If it weren't for him, we would've lost. Clear as day.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue 13 Dec 2011 - 13:53

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I might underrate defenders, but I felt that Messi's performance was far and ahead the best of the day. He was the sole creative force. Every attack went through him. If it weren't for him, we would've lost. Clear as day.

He was good, but wer are so used to his superb performances that creating a goal and giving an assist is not enough to give him the MOM.

For me it was Puyol. What a game! Not once beaten:

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue 13 Dec 2011 - 15:42

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I might underrate defenders, but I felt that Messi's performance was far and ahead the best of the day. He was the sole creative force. Every attack went through him. If it weren't for him, we would've lost. Clear as day.

I agree.We would have lost the game had he not been there.
I was critical of him after the Getafe game as his attitude was poor.
But against Madrid he showed terrific attitude and character.
Its a sign of how good he is that after a performance like against Madrid he doesnt get the plaudits.
His brilliance has become so mundane that it no longer impresses us.He is that damn good.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue 13 Dec 2011 - 16:06

I think if Messi wasnt there, we would of lost. But I felt the same about Busquets and Puyol too.

Free, Puyol did get beat once, by Benzema on the left corner of the box. Doesnt detract from the overall performance though.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue 13 Dec 2011 - 16:55

The Franchise wrote:I think if Messi wasnt there, we would of lost. But I felt the same about Busquets and Puyol too.

Free, Puyol did get beat once, by Benzema on the left corner of the box. Doesnt detract from the overall performance though.

Also true.All three of them were exceptional.
And I have noticed over the past few months that you have jumped onto the Busquets bandwagon Thumbs up
The wagon is getting quite crowded.
I remember the Yaya vs Busquets discussions we used to have.
Its a bit similar to how I used to feel about Masch.Thought he was unnecessary but he has been invaluable for us.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 13 Dec 2011 - 18:29

I realised Busquet's greatness after that magestic performance at the San Mames where he scored this goal.....

Was a hardcore Yaya fan before that, then i realised Pep was right tho.....

Btw about the huge bandwagon, everyone needs to GTFO its not big enough for all of you ;p
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue 13 Dec 2011 - 19:36

alexjanosik wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I think if Messi wasnt there, we would of lost. But I felt the same about Busquets and Puyol too.

Also true.All three of them were exceptional.
And I have noticed over the past few months that you have jumped onto the Busquets bandwagon Thumbs up
The wagon is getting quite crowded.
I remember the Yaya vs Busquets discussions we used to have.
Its a bit similar to how I used to feel about Masch.Thought he was unnecessary but he has been invaluable for us.

He is a fantastic player, now more than ever, he deserves all the credit in the world. I never outrighted disliked him (edit:okay,maybe a little lol) I just felt it wasnt his time yet.

But there is no question about his talent and he is a rare player. Wouldnt swap him for anyone, as you say, he is just that damn good.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue 13 Dec 2011 - 19:45

I appreciated Busquets from the begining, but I would still gladly have Toure in our team (instead of Keita for instance, and he would do a damm good job as a CB too).
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue 13 Dec 2011 - 19:56

I dont think any Barca fan would disagree with that.

There is literally nothing Keita can do to the level Yaya can.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue 13 Dec 2011 - 21:41

Immaculate_Mole wrote:I realised Busquet's greatness after that magestic performance at the San Mames where he scored this goal.....

Was a hardcore Yaya fan before that, then i realised Pep was right tho.....

Btw about the huge bandwagon, everyone needs to GTFO its not big enough for all of you ;p

Nice goal, dont see him score often...

free_cat wrote:I appreciated Busquets from the begining, but I would still gladly have Toure in our team (instead of Keita for instance, and he would do a damm good job as a CB too).

I also rate Yaya very highly as well, watching him back then and now at Man C, he just dominates if many games the center of the park. Although he has weaknesses also, as shown at times such as the Chelsea loss... so what were the conclusions of the Yaya vs Busquets debates? Anyway Guardiola must have his reasons, but I still would have preferred to keep Yaya also.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Weequm Tue 13 Dec 2011 - 22:03

im Real Madrid supporter but Barca was good ^ this match Afro
Weequm
Weequm
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue 13 Dec 2011 - 23:17

barcalearning wrote:
free_cat wrote:I appreciated Busquets from the begining, but I would still gladly have Toure in our team (instead of Keita for instance, and he would do a damm good job as a CB too).

I also rate Yaya very highly as well, watching him back then and now at Man C, he just dominates if many games the center of the park. Although he has weaknesses also, as shown at times such as the Chelsea loss... so what were the conclusions of the Yaya vs Busquets debates? Anyway Guardiola must have his reasons, but I still would have preferred to keep Yaya also.

Wait... conclusions? Are you kidding right? This is a forum. People doesn't draw conclusions, they just insult each other and never change their opinions. Very Happy

To sum up: there was a slight majority that defended that Toure was superior to Busquets in almost any way, especially defensively, and that he should have started almost all matches.
Others thought that Busquets was better than Toure at some things, but very important to our game (passing, ball control, technique), and that he had a great potential and should share time with Toure.

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed 14 Dec 2011 - 17:36

free_cat wrote:
barcalearning wrote:

Wait... conclusions? Are you kidding right? This is a forum. People doesn't draw conclusions, they just insult each other and never change their opinions. Very Happy

To sum up: there was a slight majority that defended that Toure was superior to Busquets in almost any way, especially defensively, and that he should have started almost all matches.
Others thought that Busquets was better than Toure at some things, but very important to our game (passing, ball control, technique), and that he had a great potential and should share time with Toure.

Loool! Ur right espeically the first part Laughing Laughing Laughing I guess at the end, Busquets fits perfectly for Guardiola's Barca team, whereas Yaya is more, but may not be that perfect of a fit. But repeating again, would have loved Yaya to be around still~
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Wed 14 Dec 2011 - 19:10

People need to watch this video analysing the tactics in El Clasico, it is brilliant

Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Wed 14 Dec 2011 - 19:23

Madrid fans want to sell Ronaldo?!

I'd shit my pants if Penaldo didn't play against us anymore. It's like taking a defender away from us. His clearances are a great asset to us.

I especially liked the one where Alonso whips the ball into our defence and he heads the ball away from the oncoming Benzema.

Better than Puyol imo

I also loved the part when Di Maria was in a great position 1vs1 with VV but he caught Benzema's pass and cleared the ball. Saved our asses right there. That could've been disastrous for us.

He also celebrates our goals.
Messi's first in the return leg of spanish super cup

Please stay at Madrid Penaldo Sad
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 14 Dec 2011 - 20:00

Ordinho10 wrote:People need to watch this video analysing the tactics in El Clasico, it is brilliant

Underrated aspect of moving Dani Alves further forward was the complete nulifying of Marcelo.

Usually he can get forward against us, because Pedro would makes runs into goalscoring position and Marcelo wouldnt follow him in there, rather leave him to a centerback. This meant if Madrid countered, he could get into an area higher up the pitch faster and with noone tracking him straight away.

But Dani Alves didnt make those runs, he stayed wide right and held width and put in crosses. Didnt run in behind.

Because of this, Marcelo had to stay marking him and if the ball was lost, Dani Alves was in a ideal position to track Marcelo´s runs straight away.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Wed 14 Dec 2011 - 21:29

Ordinho10 wrote:Madrid fans want to sell Ronaldo?!

I'd shit my pants if Penaldo didn't play against us anymore. It's like taking a defender away from us. His clearances are a great asset to us.

I especially liked the one where Alonso whips the ball into our defence and he heads the ball away from the oncoming Benzema.

Better than Puyol imo

I also loved the part when Di Maria was in a great position 1vs1 with VV but he caught Benzema's pass and cleared the ball. Saved our asses right there. That could've been disastrous for us.

He also celebrates our goals.
Messi's first in the return leg of spanish super cup

Please stay at Madrid Penaldo Sad
Until now I never realized that penaldo was the best barca defender in clasicos albino
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7