how do you feel about your team group & what are their chances of getting out of the group ?

+6
kiranr
dostoevsky
Arquitecto
OLpower
rwo power
michael1
10 posters

Go down

how do you feel about your team group & what are their chances of getting out of the group ? Empty how do you feel about your team group & what are their chances of getting out of the group ?

Post by michael1 Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:49 am

GROUP A
1 Poland
2 Greece
3 Russia
4 Czech Republic

GROUP B
1 Netherlands
2 Denmark
3 Germany
4 Portugal

GROUP C
1 Spain
2 Italy
3 Republic of Ireland
4 Croatia

GROUP D
1 Ukraine
2 Sweden
3 France
4 England
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

how do you feel about your team group & what are their chances of getting out of the group ? Empty Re: how do you feel about your team group & what are their chances of getting out of the group ?

Post by rwo power Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:14 am

Well, it looks like an interesting group for Germany. I think we should get out of it, preferably on the top as then we can play in Gdansk next, IIRC.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

how do you feel about your team group & what are their chances of getting out of the group ? Empty Re: how do you feel about your team group & what are their chances of getting out of the group ?

Post by OLpower Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:16 am

Good group. I would say 80-90% of chance to progress.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:19 am

For Denmark, I think it's of course a super-difficult group, but we are well equipped for it. We've got a fantastic record over Portugal in the last few years, Our attack is much stronger than what it was in 2010 and if we avoid stupid individual mistake (Kjaer not tracking Kuyt), we'll be very hard to break down vs Netherlands.

Thankfully, our last game is vs Germany and they could be well qualified by then, which gives us a better chance of getting something from that game in case we need it.

We have a good chance of qualifying to the next round as long as our core (Soronson-Agger-Eriksen-Bendtner) are FIT and hopefully IN-FORM

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:21 am

rwo power wrote:Well, it looks like an interesting group for Germany. I think we should get out of it, preferably on the top as then we can play in Gdansk next, IIRC.

Now RWO I acknowledged long ago your admirable affinity for all things Goalkeeping but...
Manuel 'I style my hair to compensate for my lack of GK ability' Almunia?

Is it the Basque factor?

I told you he is one of the 'reject' Basques.

The ones not fit to be called an Euskadi (in football).

Why? Smile
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:28 am

Rwo has learnt a powerful lesson about not gambling, Arq. Razz

Best wishes to your father by the way Rwo, I hope all goes well with his recovery.

It's not an optimal group for Italy by any means, particularly given Trappatoni is in charge of the dark horse, however I still believe we've good reason to be confident that we'll qualify.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:29 am

LOL Rwo. I did not notice. Whom did you lose against?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:36 am

Arquitecto wrote:
rwo power wrote:Well, it looks like an interesting group for Germany. I think we should get out of it, preferably on the top as then we can play in Gdansk next, IIRC.

Now RWO I acknowledged long ago your admirable affinity for all things Goalkeeping but...
Manuel 'I style my hair to compensate for my lack of GK ability' Almunia?

Is it the Basque factor?

I told you he is one of the 'reject' Basques.

The ones not fit to be called an Euskadi (in football).

Why? Smile
It is because I lost a bet. And it hurts! A lot! (Check the last pages of the Ava/Sig bet thread - I complained to Sushi why he didn't give me a GK as Ava at least Razz)

kiranr wrote:
LOL Rwo. I did not notice. Whom did you lose against?

Sushi. And he was oh so cruel!

dostoevsky wrote:Rwo has learnt a powerful lesson about not gambling, Arq. Razz
Yeah. Sushi was really evil. Or should I say "he deceived me"? Razz

dostoevsky wrote:Best wishes to your father by the way Rwo, I hope all goes well with his recovery.
Thanks Smile I hope it will all be well in the end!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by InvalidComment Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:39 am

my German flatmate tells me they are gonna ease through their group
InvalidComment
InvalidComment
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:41 am

InvalidComment wrote:my German flatmate tells me they are gonna ease through their group
That's a bit too optimistic IMO. We'll have three difficult games, but I think we can win in the end. But it might prove more difficult than hoped. Group A would have been easier than B. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:45 am

Ease is definitely an exaggeration, however I do expect Germany to top their group. Each match has a different danger, however I personally feel that Portugal will be Germany's greatest individual challenge, even though I think both Denmark and the Netherlands will have the best chance of qualifying alongside Germany.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:05 pm

GROUP A
1 Greece
2 Russia

3 Czech Republic
4 Poland

GROUP B
1 Germany
2 Netherlands

3 Portugal
4 Denmark

GROUP C
1 Spain
2 Italy

3 Republic of Ireland
4 Croatia

GROUP D
1 England
2 Sweden

3 Ukraine
4 France

:lucas:
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:17 pm

Tough group no doubt, the only ones who have respected us so far are England, the rest even Ukraine which we beat, think we will be some barbie dolls.... us advancing will be a huge in your face to them

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:28 pm

michael1 wrote:GROUP A
1 Poland
2 Greece
3 Russia
4 Czech Republic

GROUP B
1 Netherlands
2 Denmark
3 Germany
4 Portugal

GROUP C
1 Spain
2 Italy
3 Republic of Ireland
4 Croatia

GROUP D
1 Ukraine
2 Sweden
3 France
4 England
eco smile

This time around, France is the luckiest team regarding potential vs. matchups eco smile
Group B looks tough for Germany on paper but I'm confident we'll top it eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down