JAY-Z
BarrileteCosmico
schnix
ErPupone
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
7amood11
11 posters

Go down

Defensive Crisis...? Empty Defensive Crisis...?

Post by 7amood11 Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:19 pm

Hi everybody, really bad loss vs Fiorentina today... I expect the board to sack Enrique within a month if this poor form continues...

Anyway, I made this thread to ask about the available defenders you have for the Juve game. I'm hearing that all of Juan(red card today), Heinze, Kjaer, Burdisso, and Cassetti won't be able to make it for the Juve game! Can you guys confirm/deny this?

Thanks, and good luck.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Defensive Crisis...? Empty Re: Defensive Crisis...?

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:20 pm

Fullbacks are needed.

Hienze... at fualt
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:29 pm

Heinze, Cassetti, Angel, Cicinho, Taddei are all available.
Juan, Kjaer, Burdisso are out.
Rosi is in doubt.

Basically we have no natural center-backs available. De Rossi might be used as a CB, but with Gago out as well, that would just weaken our midfield. This is a strong possibility:

Stekelenburg

Taddei Cassetti Heinze Angel

Perrotta De Rossi Pjanic

Lamela

Totti Osvaldo

Back to the midfield we were using earlier this season, but with Lamela taking Totti's spot and Totti moving further up. Fairly strong from midfield up, but defense, well its a disaster waiting to occur.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:04 pm

our only available centerbacks for napoli/juventus are cassetti/heinze. they will definitely start together no doubt it because we have no choice. they have to be careful not to be injured or sent off because we have no 3rd choice centerback on the bench. derossi is a libero, not a centerback
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:05 pm

jail: Juan, Gago, Bojan
infirmary: Kjaer, Burdisso, Rosi, Pizarro, Borini
half fit: Totti, Borriello
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:38 pm

Honestly, looking at that backline it wouldn't be a surprise to get little to no points from the next couple of games...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:52 pm

LORD help us!!!
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:33 pm

We're really going to have to rely on our attacking play. If there was ever a time to start scoring goals, now is that time. The "score more than we concede" mentality was made for situations like this.

The possession play also needs to be at the forefront as well. As we saw in the first half against Fio...we have no problem dominating play, even a man down. Even if we're not creating chances, we need to keep the ball as much as possible. Opposition can't score on us if they don't have the ball. Such a mentality is unbefitting a side like Roma, but desperate times call for desperate measures.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:34 am

Last thing we need is for Heinze to be suspended for that elbow...
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:14 pm

so apparently heinze may or may not have elbowed gamberini. it was after bojan's stupid handball so i was too busy :facepalm:-ing myself to notice heinze's actions

there'll be a meeting to decide if there will be any disciplinary issues. nothing 'should' come out of it i think/hope. but in the off chance, all our CB's could be out for the next game

which would mean perrotta-cassetti-derossi-taddei as our back 4. god i feel sorry for stekelenburg
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:06 pm

That Orchi call-up doesn't seem so far fetched now lol.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:40 pm

Lol just after posting a new thread about that Neal...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:51 pm

No worries, man. We can use your thread...I'll delete that post.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:43 pm

I wish we had loria.. hed score against juve..
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:53 pm

flameas wrote:I wish we had loria.. hed score against juve..

and commit 3 more blunders in our own box, no thanks
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:06 am

At Roma...when isnt it a defensive crisis? would be a better question
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:29 am

checazzofai wrote:At Roma...when isnt it a defensive crisis? would be a better question

when mexes and chivu were boss

god i wish we still had those 2 brothers. they would be perfect players for LE's current system

schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:38 am

I used to love Chivu, gotta say I hate the guy since he went to Inter but Mexes was always a favorite of mine. Mexes and Burdisso I used to like together
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:48 pm

i still have a Roma 05/06 Chivu jersey

he's still one of my fav recent players. him and mexes were beast together. the best CB partnership i could ever think of for Roma
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:13 pm

Looking at both teams on paper before the game, one would immediately think that Roma would concede at least 2 goals. But damn, De Rossi and Heinze stepped up.

And that game was probably the best game of the season so far. I was on my feet for half the match lol.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:39 pm

7amood11 wrote:Looking at both teams on paper before the game, one would immediately think that Roma would concede at least 2 goals. But damn, De Rossi and Heinze stepped up.

And that game was probably the best game of the season so far. I was on my feet for half the match lol.

It was literally a battle on the field at points, great match.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:42 pm

checazzofai wrote:I used to love Chivu, gotta say I hate the guy since he went to Inter but Mexes was always a favorite of mine. Mexes and Burdisso I used to like together

Have to say I lost any respect I had left for Chivu after he gave our fans the finger in that Coppa Italia final two seasons ago. Juan is also much better than him imo. But the Juan - Mexes partnership was missing chemistry because both of them had those occasional crazy moments where they would charge out of defense and tackle the living sh** out of someone (even if they often did it legally). That's why Burdisso became such a big hit with us, he could organize a backline better than the other two, despite the fact that he makes some crazy decisions from time to time too lol.

The_ItalianFool wrote:
7amood11 wrote:Looking at both teams on paper before the game, one would immediately think that Roma would concede at least 2 goals. But damn, De Rossi and Heinze stepped up.

It was literally a battle on the field at points, great match.

I was on my feet for most of the match, and I was watching it 8 hours later without knowing the result lol. And ya it was a real battle, that's what happens when you have guys like De Rossi, Totti, Chiellini and Buffon on the pitch, guys who sacrifice themselves for their teams. Great stuff to watch. I was really hoping to see Del Piero come on too, but it was probably better that he stayed on the bench lol.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:58 pm

ErPupone wrote:
checazzofai wrote:I used to love Chivu, gotta say I hate the guy since he went to Inter but Mexes was always a favorite of mine. Mexes and Burdisso I used to like together

Have to say I lost any respect I had left for Chivu after he gave our fans the finger in that Coppa Italia final two seasons ago. Juan is also much better than him imo. But the Juan - Mexes partnership was missing chemistry because both of them had those occasional crazy moments where they would charge out of defense and tackle the living sh** out of someone (even if they often did it legally). That's why Burdisso became such a big hit with us, he could organize a backline better than the other two, despite the fact that he makes some crazy decisions from time to time too lol.

i lost a lot of respect for chivu too after that match but i'm still grateful for his years of service with us. i still think he has a bit of romanista in him (at least i hope). i actually met him in person and exchanged words so i guess i'm biased. i don't think he enjoys playing for inter as much as he does for roma/ajax. the energy's not there
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:08 pm

schnix wrote:
ErPupone wrote:

i lost a lot of respect for chivu too after that match but i'm still grateful for his years of service with us. i still think he has a bit of romanista in him (at least i hope). i actually met him in person and exchanged words so i guess i'm biased. i don't think he enjoys playing for inter as much as he does for roma/ajax. the energy's not there

Where did you meet him? The only ex-Romanista I ever met was Zanetti only for a few seconds. I've met more Laziali than Romanisti :facepalm:
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:12 pm

ErPupone wrote:
schnix wrote:
ErPupone wrote:

Where did you meet him? The only ex-Romanista I ever met was Zanetti only for a few seconds. I've met more Laziali than Romanisti :facepalm:

a long time ago in germany. he was still playing for ajax and was in my town for a pre-season friendly. i had no idea then he was going to be a future romanista, but i had just moved to germany from romania that summer so i was really excited to meet chivu. i remember first hearing when he signed for roma, i totally jizzed myself
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down